Sign in to follow this  
Gil Galvanti

Placing Buildings/Structures

Hey,

Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place, but I can't find how to place buildings in the editor. I'm pretty sure it's possible, but how do you do it?

Hey,

Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place, but I can't find how to place buildings in the editor. I'm pretty sure it's possible, but how do you do it?

I know its possible Ive seen it done in CTF maps. What I can't understand is when I open the CTF map I can see the Placed object..but when i dbl click on it it says its a steerable parachute. Do I have to unlock something to place Building Objects?

What kind of buildings? the Warfare ones are under Empty objects.

They must be referring to houses and the sort..which I have not seen done anywhere other than some people who have been doing entirely new maps.

What kind of buildings? the Warfare ones are under Empty objects.

No not that obvious Im talking Castles, Castle towers all the buildings u see in town.

---------- Post added at 06:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 AM ----------

They must be referring to houses and the sort..which I have not seen done anywhere other than some people who have been doing entirely new maps.

Well I have seen it done. If you look at CTF_Castle_Confusion_V3_[-DST-].Chernarus or

CTF_Tanks_[-DST-].utes

You will see he has placed castles and assorted buildings.

Place an object in the editor and name it toto.

Save mission.

Find your mission folder. It should be in your profile folder (in missions or mpmissions if you use the multiplayer editor).

Open mission.sqm file with a text editor (recommend Notepad++ or other advanced text editors).

Find block of text where toto is.

Replace vehicle="usmc_soldier_toto"; with any other building model name. For example vehicle="Land_HouseBlock_B2"; (don't foget semi colon ;)

Save file.

In mission editor load mission again.

Preview.

You can find building model names at http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5895

This pdf file doesn't contain all the buildings available in ArmA 2

You can find all the building model names at http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_CfgVehicles but there are no pictures.

To check a building model you can use a mission I made where you can execute script dynamically : forum thread at http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=82004

Use Options from action menu then type : "Land_HouseBlock_B2" createvehicle position player

then click OK button and your house will appear (if the model name you wrote is correct)