Sign in to follow this  
hoak

ArmA II is #1!

ArmA II is Number ONE on Steam sales today! Even if it's only for a day, I thought it warranted mention in a new thread as I couldn't edit the title of the previous post, and hitting the number one slot on Steam is quite an milestone for any Developer/Publisher where you have to compete with not only with Valves titles and marketing, but so many other large Developer/Publishers for Buyer attention at the checkout.

Even more it shows to go ya, serious tactical realism and combat simulation may not be as trivial, small and as a niche as so many Publishers have characterized it... I've never thought games had to be neck down stupid, or so easy your house pets could play them to be fun!

Congratulations BI I hope all your hard work is redeemed at the bank -- and you reinvest it ALL in the ArmA franchise!!!

:D

Congrats BIS. Hope it encourages you to continue expanding on this engine's capabilities!

I guess there were some people waiting for the game's release and they are all buying the game ASAP. Let's see how it goes through time.

Agreed...Arma 2 is MAJOR improvement over arma.......A must game to buy!

ArmA II is Number ONE on Steam sales today!

Congratulations BI I hope all your hard work is redeemed at the bank -- and you reinvest it ALL in the ArmA franchise!!!

True but I think(I may be wrong though!) alot of people have no idea what they are getting into. :) But this experience may open the doors to something new other then the same old fast-action-arcade paced games.

There are to many of em anyway! BIS may not be there yet though but atleast there are not saying "hey we are gonna put 50% realism and 50% "fun" into this game".

Yes ARMAII is still nr 1 in steam, Im looking at a big swedish online store and its at second place after WOW game 60 day card. And this time they have really made an awesome game, I sure liked ARMA1 with a ton of mods and addons but ARMA2 is a masterpiece right out of the box. Geeez can you even imagine where it will be in a year!? :eek:

True but I think(I may be wrong though!) alot of people have no idea what they are getting into. :) But this experience may open the doors to something new other then the same old fast-action-arcade paced games.

There are to many of em anyway! BIS may not be there yet though but atleast there are not saying "hey we are gonna put 50% realism and 50% "fun" into this game".

Yes ARMAII is still nr 1 in steam, Im looking at a big swedish online store and its at second place after WOW game 60 day card. And this time they have really made an awesome game, I sure liked ARMA1 with a ton of mods and addons but ARMA2 is a masterpiece right out of the box. Geeez can you even imagine where it will be in a year!? :eek:

Oh, absolutely... There will be people that will be disappointed as with any game -- the difference here of course are people looking for the kind of fun that comes from zero effort...and who knows, like you say they might actually realize there can be a lot more to gaming when they actually see something that offers more.

Regardless, good sales, more exposure, the more that take a look at the game, or give their DVD to a friend because they didn't like it -- the more people that really do like it we'll have playing...

:)

What people need to realise is that the Armed Assault community is STRONG ! Mods will come thick and fast soon once people get to grips with the little differences between A1 and A2 scripting.

Keep the faith. If you bought the game hold onto yer knickers .... it's gonna be one helluva ride !

Hi all

Good to see

I wonder if ArmA II has snatched the top slot from the sims in the UK Charts?

Kind Regards walker

Hi all

Good to see

I wonder if ArmA II has snatched the top slot from the sims in the UK Charts?

Kind Regards walker

I doubt that. But I think that wasn't expectable. But the sells seem good.

Still Number 2 in Amazon.

There will be fresh blood in the comunity and that's good.

Great to see ArmA II sales climbing the charts! Last week a couple of friends tried to get hold of ArmA II DVD's in a larger city here in Sweden but it was all sold out there as well. PC gaming needs more of this kind and not the "dumbed down" instant-gratification-ADHD-stuff.

ArmA II may not reach all the way yet (at least not for the people experiencing problems) but I'm sure it will come... Looks like it's gonna be a long hot summer over at BIS HQ but still hope you guys (and gals) manage to get some well deserved time off between the patches so you don't get burnt out completely!

/KC

Edited by KeyCat

Hopefully the rampant team killing and base killing ends.. I've played games where people jump in, Shoot the gear supplys and leave. Horrible.

Just encountered one of those, IR UB3R H4X0R PWWNT TKER KTHXBAI. Was rather hilarious if you ask me.

Number 2 in the UK, behind feckin Sims 3. But if it's second to a game that everybody buys...then that is seriously brilliant. It's even ahead of Footy Manager 09 and WoW. This= Loads of people online=win(unless it's those evolution servers, they bore me.)

Very few hardcore games will be able to knock Sims 3 off the top of the UK charts. It gets advertised on TV for a start.

All I can think is the demo on steam is having the right effect.

Congrats to BIS.

They're fond of Chernarussian vodka. Makes them a bit woozy.

sweet ,,but im glad i did not buy it from steam ,,47 euro before tax.

Bought it in gamestop for 30 euro ,,,game were selling it for 35 euro.

think i paid 50 euro for arma and 30 euro for queens gambit ,

So 30 euro for arma2 bargin

Had alot of fun with the game so far. Good stuff BIS

Wowow, still #1 two days straight! I think that's better then COD4.

I believe ArmA2 is at top spot because I bought it the very same day! ;)

Joke...I think the more than decent demo had something to do with it :D

No it was you! But even with your help two days on Steam has to be good news for BI (and us).