Sign in to follow this  
captainwhiskers

Soviet - afghan campaign

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Mar. 07 2002,15:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Mar. 07 2002,15:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">of course you could.  you are proudly flying a flag of totalitarian communism.<span id='postcolor'>

Now you're just egging him on<span id='postcolor'>

No I know better than that.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Mar. 07 2002,15:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...

of course you could.  you are proudly flying a flag of totalitarian communism.<span id='postcolor'>

Well this is somewhat subjective opinion and has a certain mithology to it

for me this a flag of my country which was powerfull and good enough to it's people to have free first class education, helthcare and social wellfare, so why shouldn't I or comrade fly this flag proudly?

some may say this is subjective as well, but truth is it's what we entitled to, but before we start another spiral of the debate over bad and good in communism let me defuse a bit the situation with more relevant to the topic funny but (unbelivably) true story from afghan soviet veteran.

On behalf of the participant of events...

In remarkable 1986 I carried the international duty near the city of Bagram (Afghanistan). As before army service I was KMS (candidate in masters of sport - sportsman grade) on biathlon there I was obviousely the sniper. Once we sat in a gorge and waited for a caravan with dukhi (Dukhi - from dushman - a bandit name for mudjaheddin). According to plan I should take out the head guy in the caravan, he usually was with an RPG(antitank grenade launcher), and then our guys should lay fire all over it from two sides of the gorge. So finally I see the head dukh, he is with RPG and rides on a donkey. At once I understand, that I have chosen not a good position as his breast is obstructed by the RPG pipe, and his head is not too visible i.e. so I have to shoot him in the side but I need to take him out with the first shot, or else he will get me at once and with that same RPG. So here he is in sights, I'm pulling the trigger, but in that exact moment some insect bites me in elbow, I have instinctively moved and shot. I missed - but.... I simply shot off a poor donkey's BALLS, it screamed - well you can imagine how, what more it (DONKEY) has reared (rose in the air on his rear two - sorry don't know the right translation). From unexpectedness the poor dukh pulled his trigger on RPG shooting upwards, and above like a balcony hung a huge piece of a rock which from explosion separated and fall downwards (well RPG grenade power is about 2.5 kg of trotyl afterall), and has started moving down the gorge, and as the place was rather narrow it mowed down all caravan and all dukhs into paste. Our guys at once have covered this stone from AKs which wasn't already needed, and then they laughed quite long, scrabing down from the huge rock whatever was left from the stuff caravan carried. The rock was rather big.

biggrin.gif

LOL sounds like that post belongs in the "military stupidity" thread wink.gif

Somehow too "Holywood"ish for me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">rose in the air on his rear two<span id='postcolor'>

Well, donkey rather rise their rear two legs instead of the front, and if it was his on its balls how could it stand on its back legs.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and above like a balcony hung a huge piece of a rock which from explosion separated<span id='postcolor'>

Well what a "coincidence" confused.gif

wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mohamz @ Mar. 07 2002,17wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Somehow too "Holywood"ish for me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">rose in the air on his rear two<span id='postcolor'>

Well, donkey rather rise their rear two legs instead of the front, and if it was his on its balls how could it stand on its back legs.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and above like a balcony hung a huge piece of a rock which from explosion separated<span id='postcolor'>

Well what a "coincidence" confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I know if I got shot in the balls I may stand a bit differently than usual if even for a second  biggrin.gif .

LMAO Yep this definitely should be in "military stupidity"

*edit* wow.gif 100 wow.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CCCP @ Mar. 07 2002,16:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">for me this a flag of my country which was powerfull and good enough to it's people to have free first class education, helthcare and social wellfare, so why shouldn't I or comrade fly this flag proudly?<span id='postcolor'>

Too bad it wasn't powerful and good enough to give it to those people whose nations is occupied and gave a puppet government.

Or is there another reason my East German family didn't recieve any of those 'wonders' of Communism.

Especially on the Health care...

My father needed a heart operation that the couldn't be done anywhere in the East.  His priest got in touch with a Texas doctor that would do it for free.  He escaped from east Germany in 1969 after his second try.  During the first one he was shot in the back of the leg by border patrol (who had to keep people IN).

Yes, wonderful healthcare and social services.  A country that has to shoot people to stop them from leaving has self evident virtues.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Greadius @ Mar. 07 2002,21:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Too bad it wasn't powerful and good enough to give it to those people whose nations is occupied and gave a puppet government.

Or is there another reason my East German family didn't recieve any of those 'wonders' of Communism.

Especially on the Health care...

Yes, wonderful healthcare and social services.  A country that has to shoot people to stop them from leaving has self evident virtues.<span id='postcolor'>

Communism is suppost to work. It does have problems like every other type. It is also corrupted by greed, want for power, and plain ignorance. Maybe it could be refinded a bit just like Democracy should. I'm not trying to instigate conflict (if thats the right word for it) but correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Russia's economy down the drain? if so how could they vouch for everything? Just a thought, no conflict ment.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Mar. 07 2002,15:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">of course you could.  you are proudly flying a flag of totalitarian communism. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

What about totalitarian capitalisim? How many know about the US intent to invaded afghanistain for months prior to s11. Paskistani intelligence were informed by the US 3 months before s11. Talks between the US gov and the Taliban to build a caspian sea oil pipeline across afghanistan failed, the US was not happy at all (The Bush family, + Cheny, have massive investments in Oil and Weapons production companies).

"Domination" is in US foriegn policy, read the fine print, it is an essential working mechanisim within capitalism. Like Hardliner said, there is much more that can be said about global politics, so much its barley worth saying. No government is perfect, nor system of governing. You would probably cry if you knew the truth wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nagual @ Mar. 09 2002,12wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Mar. 07 2002,15:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">of course you could.  you are proudly flying a flag of totalitarian communism. <!--emo&biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

What about totalitarian capitalisim? How many know about the US intent to invaded afghanistain for months prior to s11. Paskistani intelligence were informed by the US 3 months before s11. Talks between the US gov and the Taliban to build a caspian sea oil pipeline across afghanistan failed, the US was not happy at all (The Bush family, + Cheny, have massive investments in Oil and Weapons production companies).

"Domination" is in US foriegn policy, read the fine print, it is an essential working mechanisim within capitalism. Like Hardliner said, there is much more that can be said about global politics, so much its barley worth saying. No government is perfect, nor system of governing. You would probably cry if you knew the truth wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks for the conspiracy theory Agent Mulder

LOL!

Its funny when you kooks come out with this crap. Maybe you can tell me what weapon companies these are?  How about oil companies? Surely you'd know this info if you knew the above for fact..

Also,  to my knowledge, the U.S military surely wasn't planning any long term invasion deployment anywhere near that area before Sept 11.  There is no evidence of any preparation for that.  Are you suggesting that just one fine day the military command was going to tell the services to get on a boat and head there without preparing and without any cataclysmic event to back it up?  Even better is the idea that the U.S would "invade" afghanistan without prior consultation with China and Russia! LOL!!!

Sorry, your little "theory" doesnt pass the "whiff" test.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Mar. 09 2002,19:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanks for the conspiracy theory Agent Mulder

LOL!

Its funny when you kooks come out with this crap. Maybe you can tell me what weapon companies these are?  How about oil companies? Surely you'd know this info if you knew the above for fact..

Also,  to my knowledge, the U.S military surely wasn't planning any long term invasion deployment anywhere near that area before Sept 11.  There is no evidence of any preparation for that.  Are you suggesting that just one fine day the military command was going to tell the services to get on a boat and head there without preparing and without any cataclysmic event to back it up?  Even better is the idea that the U.S would "invade" afghanistan without prior consultation with China and Russia! LOL!!!

Sorry, your little "theory" doesnt pass the "whiff" test.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm, who is agent mulder?

Conspiracy theory, ok, yeah sure, whatever you say. I guess you get all your facts from honest propaganda oragnisations like fox news?

Why would the US gov anounce their military intent to you. There is really no need or use to waste time elaborating on this subject to a person such as yourself, there really is no use. And "one fine day", lol, yeah thats it. Man, again, why would they tell you about something you shouldn't know?

Kooks can fuck off, conspiray theories suck as badly as propaganda. Consult china and russia, lol, thats a good one.

I recommend you watch some fox news and take the blue pill, that will make it better. You cant even begin to understand how ignorant you are about this world, stick with the propaganda.

Sorry that you are fixed in your view of the world (i actually mean that). To tell you the truth, you are probably better of there.

Actually we (the U.S) supplied afganistan and pakistan to defend themselfs against russia.

After they won, figures they had our tech and weapons, we took all our stuff back and kinda abandon them, thats why they became a terrorist country.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nagual @ Mar. 09 2002,15:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Mar. 09 2002,19:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanks for the conspiracy theory Agent Mulder

LOL!

Hmm, who is agent mulder?

Conspiracy theory, ok, yeah sure, whatever you say. I guess you get all your facts from honest propaganda oragnisations like fox news?

Why would the US gov anounce their military intent to you. There is really no need or use to waste time elaborating on this subject to a person such as yourself,  there really is no use. And "one fine day", lol, yeah thats it. Man, again, why would they tell you about something you shouldn't know?

Kooks can fuck off, conspiray theories suck as badly as propaganda. Consult china and russia, lol, thats a good one.

I recommend you watch some fox news and take the blue pill, that will make it better. You cant even begin to understand how ignorant you are about this world, stick with the propaganda.

Sorry that you are fixed in your view of the world (i actually mean that). To tell you the truth, you are probably better of there.<span id='postcolor'>

LOL! You didnt answer any of my questions. typical...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Mar. 09 2002,19:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nagual @ Mar. 09 2002,12wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Mar. 07 2002,15:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">of course you could.  you are proudly flying a flag of totalitarian communism. <!--emo&biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

"Domination" is in US foriegn policy, read the fine print, it is an essential working mechanisim within capitalism. Like Hardliner said, there is much more that can be said about global politics, so much its barley worth saying. No government is perfect, nor system of governing. You would probably cry if you knew the truth wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks for the conspiracy theory Agent Mulder

LOL!

Domination is in US foriegn policy... how true... your a blind fool if you can't see that.

Read this.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/03/09/nuclear.weapons/index.html

Russia? I think they're the last to threat the US nowadays. I wonder why they're on that list..

"Actually we (the U.S) supplied afganistan and pakistan to defend themselfs against russia."

Yeah, you also trained and funded Bin Ladin in terrorist (geurilla) warfare. Brilliant move.

And whoever thinks about 100 civilians died in Afghanistan from the bombings is way off. There were incidents were bombs killed up to 20 people in one strike. I'd say the figure is closer to a couploe of thousand.

Sorry im a bit late, but i had to comment on the 3700 some civilians killed in afghanistan... Most of what the US is doing is bombing. Now if a single bomber dropped its bombs on my street, in a fair sized city, it would kill 100 people at most. now im pretty sure my city (Toledo, OH) has more population than any city over there... that means that we would have to bomb at least 40-50 PURELY civilian population centers to get that number. That seems fairly unlikely.

Here's a report from the MAINSTREAM media (in case you don't believe any other media) about one incident where over 100 civilians got killed in Afganistan. I don't think this is the only such incident that has gone down.

Mayhem.

Of course, the Pentagon is always denying all these reports.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Mar. 10 2002,19:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hardliner @ Mar. 10 2002,08:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Read this.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/03/09/nuclear.weapons/index.html<span id='postcolor'>

do you understand what the English word "contingency" means?  sheesh...<span id='postcolor'>

HAHAHA do you think my second language was English?  

And you go on about "contingency" but USA bombs other countries and condems them for doing EXACTLY what USA does. sheesh... wake up boy. USA just named all potenitial targets for nuking. USA will be the cause of World War 3 and will be the death of everyone.

The classified Pentagon information says nuclear weapons could be used against Libya, Syria, China, Russia, Iran, Iraq and North Korea in certain situations, the Times said.

Thats about as classified as the Pentagon gets aye?

Is this a joke or something? WTF? classified and CNN announces it to the whole F&** world.

HEY GUESS WHAT Libya, Syria, China, Russia, Iran, Iraq and North Korea THE USA MIGHT JUST NUKE YA SO WATCH OUT !!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ChickenHawk @ Mar. 11 2002,17:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The classified Pentagon information says nuclear weapons could be used against Libya, Syria, China, Russia, Iran, Iraq and North Korea in certain situations, the Times said.

Thats about as classified as the Pentagon gets aye?

Is this a joke or something? WTF? classified and CNN announces it to the whole F&** world.

HEY GUESS WHAT Libya, Syria, China, Russia, Iran, Iraq and North Korea THE USA MIGHT JUST NUKE YA SO WATCH OUT !!!<span id='postcolor'>

And if USA does it would mean the end of life on this planet. Its down to USA now smile.gif