Sign in to follow this  
swoop

Freedom fighters......ends too soon.

I really look forward to the day this mission is fully working. So much potential :(

Anyways, the mission wouldn't end, after all that. Let me know if anyone wants the file.

Did you destroy the East base and clear all 6 villages before 6 am?

Did you destroy the East base and clear all 6 villages before 6 am?

With my time changes, well before three AM. Checkpoint task had a red X, but I've never gotten that stupid thing to complete.

After Jezuro's fixes, I got that objective to complete with no problems before 6am. The mission should end at 6am no matter what, but it doesn't. Most objectives will fail with red x at 6am, but one only sees that since the mission will not end properly for ANY of the END states. Updated ticket with screenshot:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/18491

Edited by OMAC

This mission is a mess, right after capturing Msta I get swarmed by at least 20! Vodniks and BTR 90s

No chance in winning this.

If you build SPG-9s with ACE running you can withstand any APC assault.

This mission is a mess, right after capturing Msta I get swarmed by at least 20! Vodniks and BTR 90s

No chance in winning this.

As the only apparent way to win FF is to capture a BTR or some other armored vehicle, in a way the swarming is necessary to bring them to you. But it is desperate. That said, even if you are fortunate enough to capture one, various mission errors will prevent you from completing the mission successfully.

I wish DnA would revisit his mission once ToH has calmed down a bit after the first Hinds patch. As the ONE broken mission in all of A2CO-RFC, you'd think that fixing it would be a matter of some pride, but....

I never finished that scenario. I ended up gunning down the endlessly-respawning riflemen at the demolished CDF base after conquering the whole map in time. The other attempt I made, and the Russian base spawned in the middle of the ocean.

Wow. That does not sound good at all. I was lucky enough to finish it properly twice with no real problems.

i have played this mission many tims but i have never encountered this problem.

Do you mean FF or Bear Rising?

I never finished that scenario. I ended up gunning down the endlessly-respawning riflemen at the demolished CDF base after conquering the whole map in time. The other attempt I made, and the Russian base spawned in the middle of the ocean.

Exactly what I encountered. I only made it one time so far to destroy the enemy base and capture all villages, but the mission would not end. On a side note, for some reason the Russian Checkpoint task was marked as failed. Don't know why and how. I could never finish that one off.

But for some other reason, the box on the mission selection screen ticked it green although I never made it to debriefing. Good enough for me :D

I went to Elektrozavodsk and killed the Russian base with RPGs so they stopped building BTRs and T90s. Then I blew up offices and cleared checkpoints. By then I had more then enough cash to build six BRDMs and sent each to a town. Russians kept respawning in Elektrozavodsk where the base was so I set up a BRDM with only a gunner there to spawn rape them. Anyway, in tasks it shows all objectives completed but mission wont end. I even went to that small island to pick up weapons but it didnt help. I am using beta 93160. Maybe thats the problem.

I am using beta 93160. Maybe thats the problem.

Problem is in the faulty mission design and not a result of any beta. OMAC has tested this with lots of different patches and with all of resulting neverending mission. The unknown mission designer (all I know it someone else than Jezuro) seems not to have guts to step foward and admit he has no time to repair this crap.

I know who one of the mission designers is (other than Jezuro), and have alerted him personally as to the FF issues. There is currently no pipeline for A2 patches, so I highly doubt that FF will ever get fixed. Until it does, do yourself a huge favor and avoid it like the plague. What a shame. :(

I know who one of the mission designers is (other than Jezuro), and have alerted him personally as to the FF issues. There is currently no pipeline for A2 patches, so I highly doubt that FF will ever get fixed. Until it does, do yourself a huge favor and avoid it like the plague. What a shame. :(

Sacraficing even total of 30 minutes of freetime every year to fix this mission this designer could have fixed the mission during all these years it has bugged us and then give it away for current patch release. It is just a matter of dedication to own work.

Edited by Hanzu
typo

I agree, Hanzu!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Aside from bugs, is anyone finding this mission ridiculously hard? It's a warfare type mission but the human player doesn't respawn, only has 2 AI members (who don't seem to grasp the concept of buying units), and has no access to any sort of armor besides BRDM-2's. I only managed to beat this mission by luckily disabling an enemy T90 and driving it back to a friendly town to repair. And even then its hard because the enemy is constantly pumping out heavy armor that can 1 shot kill the T90 anyway.

Yup, I found this mission horribly difficult. To be honest, I had pretty much given up trying after the last few buggy levels, so when I couldn't get it right after the first few hours (even following various tips - ZU-23s at Elektrozavodsk, for example), I resorted to a form of cheating.

I'm telling you all because, even though it was cheating, it took a LOT of work.

I set up base at Elektro. No luck pushing the enemy back. A bit of a stalemate. I build ZU-23s, destroy their APCs, then their infantry kill my ZU-23 gunners. I build infantry to counter this. Their new APCs destroy my infantry. Repeat ad infinitum.

So I stocked up on satchel charges and ran to their base. I saved every few footsteps and just ran at their base buildings again and again AND AGAIN until I made it. Saved. Planted satchel, ran to next building. I can't emphasise enough how many times I loaded those saves... First run I blew up their heavy armour plant and HQ. 1 satchel did nothing to barracks. Retreated to Elektro and rebuilt defenses. Then repeated the tactic. Many, many, saves later, I discover their barracks is INSIDE the southern Elektro guardpost. The two buildings are merged, so you can't get inside either. Even TWELVE satchels (and hundreds of saves to lay them all around the building) couldn't destroy their barracks.

At this point, I gave up. Must be something like 20 hours on this level.

It's VERY frustrating, as it's the only one without the green 'completed' mark for original Arma 2. I've even tried looking at the playerprofile and DevCon to see if there's a way just to get that green mark to appear, but I can't work it out. I just see Freedom Fighters looking, unfinished by the programmers, unfinished by me, laughing.

Is that the Shift, minus, 'endmission' code? It doesn't add the green 'completed' box. I've tried...

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Edit:

Or do you mean the DevCon addon thingy? I couldn't work out how to use that...

You could also open up the missions PBO for the base game and delete Freedom Fighters entirely, or replace it with a beatable mission. At your own risk.

Argh, sounds too risky. I might have a look at the pbo though. thanks!

Edit... Couldn't find anything. But woah... Was too complicated to look very deep! I'm just going to put it out of my mind... Put... it... out of my mind....

Edited by ColonelMolerat