Sign in to follow this  
goldkid80

Will you buy Arma 3 if they will ever release one?

Will you?  

258 members have voted

1. 1. Will you?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Yeah I definitely would buy it.

haven't had big isues with Arma II. Runs Ok. Sometimes reading through the threads it seems to me that I purchased a different game, because I haven't had no problems whatsoever. I don't give s**t about fancy graphics, the gameplay is more important to me. I play with graphics set to normal and it's still looking good to me.

Since there's no better wargame out there I stick to BIS titles.

The day something better will show on the market then I will be happy because I got 2 fantastic games to play.

After having played the whole series of BIS titles I can get rarely satisfaction in playing other games.

I'm playing for 8 years straight and I get never annoyed. Sometimes I'm playing Silent Hunter or GR original just to take a break.

Kind regards:D

Of course I will! Geez so many people complaining about performance. Arma 2 is the only game I can put everything up to high and play at 1920x1080. The framerate hit for me is almost nonexistant.

cause i'm getting borred to post and looking around the forums to get some solution for the poor perf. imo arma 2 release + thoose patches didn't work for me and many others. i'm even wondering if they even read thoose post, they should be, but they don't. it's just got a big moment of frustration to install reinstall triyng to solve the perf issue. so if it goes like that i wonder if i'm goiig to buy a BI game ever again. arma took 2,5 years to run stable arma 2 ..... at the moment 1 month only 29 to go

fix your computer. jeez. runs fine on a phenom 2 and a 9800GTX+ card.

seriously. if you guys would just spend some time tuning and getting rid of the crap on your pc's it will run better. Seriously. this is getting old.

Maybe not!!? its too damn time consuming!! god knows what im gonna be like when OA is released, seriously i work all day on a pc, get home and play, edit, bang my head and cry for a solid 4 - 5 hours without blinking.

I wanna be over this game but it just gets better!

Never buying BIS game again, but if someone else gets the job, I can reconsider.
your sig says it all. And says a lot about your ability to use technology. But since i have read all your posts, and the info you give, well your sig says it all.....

Well i hear all these things about buggy ofp/arma/arma2 but i played ofp for 4years without patch and same with arma for two years, so whatever BIS do with arma3 if they do one at all, i'll be buying it, proberly pull my hair out about how hard it can be ect then have one epic time on it unmatched by any other game and a community unmatched by any other game, it'll prove its worth every penny i spent on it. So in Summery, yer i'll be buying it!

if its made by BIS and PC exclusive then absolutely yes.

if its made for both PC and Console then ill be waiting for its price to drop prior to buying it. if i buy it at all.

Whoa! People are hostile here! :) :D

ArmA2 has been big disappointment for me.

Never going to spend money on bis game ever again.

That is all. Haven't played ArmA2 on my comp in months,

using my friends, and this game seriously has nothing in it.

It is kinda like original Operation Flashpoint with flashy graphics,

all other things, well OFP did it better.

If you would downgrade the looks of this game OFP is better in every aspect.

This game has probably the worst AI ever in "war simulator".

Thousands of useless in game crashes, and if the game doesn't crash, it is your AI teammate flying helicopter. Multiplayer is kinda weak also, 'thou it is the best part of this game. I don't even go in the campaign here.

When this game focuses only on firefights, it doesn't do those wery well. This games coding is just so terrible, it takes ultramodern computer to run this game, somewhat good. The non-existent AI and physics suck every processor dry. I don't usually compare older games with newer (just because new games usually sucks, just like comparing ArmA2 and original OFP), but man, try Bad Company 2 beta, and you'll see how bad this game is. Thta game has good AI, good physics, sounds everything.

Now before anyone says, that BC2 isn't "war simulator", well, don't. It is way more realistic (being average FPS-shooter) than this one. The firefights do the realism in videogames, not anything else.

If ArmA2 would have other army aspects than firefights in it (like building/guarding your camp, digging trenches, planning and setting up camp defenses, camouflaging vehicles, maintenancing your equipment, melting pure snow for your flask, setting up the tripwires, carrying heavy mines, cleaning your weapon, transporting rations and ammunition, encountering civilians, and securing them so that they cant hurt you or themselves, learning some real army values, setting up communications, building bridges and searching crossing points in swampy areas and so on), it would be more realistic, but games are for shooting, and this game doesn't do it realistic OR in fun way.

This isn't personal attack against anyone, I'm not just saying how bad this game is (the game would have been good, but terrible programming ruined it), I'm disappointed too. I spend lots of money in this one, and tried to get it work the way I enjoy playing games. I even modded it to extreme ('cause every modder in the world can make this game better than bis itself, it seems, just in few days).

Peace!

See you in the next game!

:bounce3:

Well, isnt it lucky we have you to make sweeping generalisations and draw conclusions out of nowhere that its all down to the "terrible programming". Uh huh.

Whoa! People are hostile here! :) :D

ArmA2 has been big disappointment for me.

Never going to spend money on bis game ever again.

That is all. Haven't played ArmA2 on my comp in months,

using my friends, and this game seriously has nothing in it.

It is kinda like original Operation Flashpoint with flashy graphics,

all other things, well OFP did it better.

If you would downgrade the looks of this game OFP is better in every aspect.

This game has probably the worst AI ever in "war simulator".

Thousands of useless in game crashes, and if the game doesn't crash, it is your AI teammate flying helicopter. Multiplayer is kinda weak also, 'thou it is the best part of this game. I don't even go in the campaign here.

When this game focuses only on firefights, it doesn't do those wery well. This games coding is just so terrible, it takes ultramodern computer to run this game, somewhat good. The non-existent AI and physics suck every processor dry. I don't usually compare older games with newer (just because new games usually sucks, just like comparing ArmA2 and original OFP), but man, try Bad Company 2 beta, and you'll see how bad this game is. Thta game has good AI, good physics, sounds everything.

Now before anyone says, that BC2 isn't "war simulator", well, don't. It is way more realistic (being average FPS-shooter) than this one. The firefights do the realism in videogames, not anything else.

If ArmA2 would have other army aspects than firefights in it (like building/guarding your camp, digging trenches, planning and setting up camp defenses, camouflaging vehicles, maintenancing your equipment, melting pure snow for your flask, setting up the tripwires, carrying heavy mines, cleaning your weapon, transporting rations and ammunition, encountering civilians, and securing them so that they cant hurt you or themselves, learning some real army values, setting up communications, building bridges and searching crossing points in swampy areas and so on), it would be more realistic, but games are for shooting, and this game doesn't do it realistic OR in fun way.

This isn't personal attack against anyone, I'm not just saying how bad this game is (the game would have been good, but terrible programming ruined it), I'm disappointed too. I spend lots of money in this one, and tried to get it work the way I enjoy playing games. I even modded it to extreme ('cause every modder in the world can make this game better than bis itself, it seems, just in few days).

Peace!

See you in the next game!

:bounce3:

Sorry to say but you obviously suck at setting up a game or PC.

Oh right - your a troll - i fell for it sorry.

First off, dont think BI will make a Arma3 or its gone be by the year 2020,

mayby il buy it 2,

@fantsu, dont know what your problems are with Arma2,but I can tell you its

better then OFP and it will keep improving a lot, there been some issues solved with the patches, Il bet you just played the campain, tell me if I am wrong, the campain is a big bugfest far as I know in Arma2, its been improved but it still have issues.

My advice to you and others dont waste your time on the campain but use the editor to get to know the game and its content without getting shot at.

cya

I was in a squad for a brief while where I was expected to "Guard" my camp from non existent enemies for a whole evening (real time), and with all that spare time getting "real time" bored I never once wished I could be melting snow for my flask... guess I must be getting old and senile and missing the point of this game eh?

If I wanted a game where I need to maintain my weapon, (in any indepth way) I would join a shooting club.

If I wanted to build bridges I would buy some Lego (or borrow my daughters)

like building/guarding your camp...... warfare + other mods

setting up the tripwires..... mods out there

transporting rations and ammunition...... In large missions ammunition does have to be transported.. Down to the mission makers choice, but its available by land or air. Rations.... ? I don't want to play "the Sims" I mean do I have to tell "me" ingame I need to go potty as well? Hmm I will reassign my P hotkey to ...well you get the idea :)

planning and setting up camp defenses.... already available

camouflaging vehicles.... buy an airfix model vehicle/aeroplane kit? If I wanted to paint I would use PS or whatever. Ok I exaggerate for effect....

so you miss a button to drape camo net on item, truck or whatever? er get real lol you honestly saying game sux cos you can't press ctrl d for drape, and alt ctrl D fo drape losely cos that other way just aint cutting it for ya? lol

carrying heavy mines.... At 50 years old I am goin to use ingame transport thanks. Guess I could simulate this by sitting at my pc with a rucksack full of sand on my back, that should get me INTO the game more. (and make it a MUCH better game)

encountering civilians.... er you already can

securing them so that they cant hurt you or themselves.... hostage missions, but missions can already be made to disarm them Ie Surrender.

learning some real army values.... coop=teamwork/discipline, chain of command, friendship loyalty etc etc see squads/ clans for all that and more.

digging trenches..... Ok I give ya that one, but as you are no doubt aware even from OFP days the engine at it's core was never designed to go below the ground level. Am I going to rush out and buy something just cos it has trenches in it..... er no.

setting up communications.... I have enough trouble with teamspeak lol. but if ya want another button to press after you set your radio backpack on the ground, I'm sure there is an amateur Radio club near you that can quench your desire for button pressing (for a lot more money than ARMA2)

Swampy areas.... Man it takes long enough to walk anywhere as it is, I aint getting any younger ya know!

OK this is all in good humour/tongue in cheek, but you exaggerate so far I felt the need to poke some fun.

My genuine suggestion, get ace mods and start making missions, you will be able to cover 80% of what you mention without waiting for the "next" game.

PEACE... I'd rather see you in this game, your waiting is self inflicted

Gen;)

Not worried about trolling I had a laugh writing this

TIMRICESE reply.... very good I laughed at this. Very to the point, I second his vote for you to point stuff out for us on the sweeping generalisation front :) ought to get most stuff covered then! Ok I am off to reassign my go pee hotkey.... ctrl P for in bushes, alt P for on grass, Ctrl alt P For one handed peeing,whilst holding radio cos I aint got a "set up communications" button, so I have to hold the darn radio.... man this game sux lol :)

Edited by Gen_Protection

Protection, fantsu is just trolling. No point replying to him.

Regarding the actual subject at hand, I think it is a bit early to tell if I will buy ARMA 3. We don't even have a confirmation such game will even be made and if it is I'd rather wait to see what will be included it in ;)

@Deadfast... Yeh I know but it gave me a laugh writing it.

My only concern if there was an arma 3. Could my rig handle it? I struggle with this already in ARMA2 and it will be some time before any upgrade, due to recession and lack of work here in the UK. Would be nice to see more ingame user tweaks that encompass some more slightly lower spec comps. Much as I love the game I would struggle to justify an upgrade JUST to run an ARMA3

Other than the above reservation I give my vote firmly to BIS based on proven track record since early OFP days. (releasing a little later with more polish would be nice though) Guess its always a $$/time/quality balance.

Gen

NB YAY I just passed my final "you are a tower crane driver" qualification. At least now I am a fully qualified unemployed crane driver ROFL.

No.

BI games are the buggiest games I've ever played.Still have major performance issues for many 8 months after release.

The concept of the games is great but in reality they just don't work well enough.

but man, try Bad Company 2 beta, and you'll see how bad this game is. Thta game has good AI, good physics, sounds everything.

:

There's AI in the beta?

snip
you should just play that game since you cant get A2 to work for you. Bf is great, and will get better on release, BUT you cant even compare the two games, which is what you do and on top of not being able to play A2 only proves you have no real ability to make sound judgments about game play ,technology, beer, sex,religion your choice in clothes, and the food you eat. Please dont drive i fear for others on your decisions.

My game runs great.

I like BIS style of game play. I tire fast of the same Bf series game play, it hasnt changed.. EVER but it is good.

Time for you go on ignore. Wow my ignore list is getting big.

Haven't played ArmA2 on my comp in months

Yet you're still here?

Get lost troll

EL O EL

Fantsu why are you here on the forums then if you think arma 2 is so inferior?

Go nag a few other trolls to play some games with and maybe then you'll stop saying that BFBC2 (which in no way is similar, IE not OPEN WORLD) is better.