Sign in to follow this  
goldkid80

Will you buy Arma 3 if they will ever release one?

Will you?  

258 members have voted

1. 1. Will you?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Only fanatics will follow their self-proclaimed gamedev-gods into the light or darkness...get blind and won't recognize that their holy game (series) has many bugs, issues and lacks optimization.

Better let the devs do their job as best as they can instead of praising them to the highest top. Such things can spoil characters. ;)

"Maybe" is the best answer.

Only fanatics will follow their self-proclaimed gamedev-gods into the light or darkness...get blind and won't recognize that their holy game (series) has many bugs, issues and lacks optimization.

It's a matter of perception. I've never been disappointed with a BIS product, and I've never let any of the minor bugs get in the way of my enjoyment. I've never seen a "showstopper" (occasional CTDs notwithstanding) and all the others can be overlooked, ignored, or worked around until it's fixed. Generally speaking, a few months down the line and it's a rather bug-free game.

The benefits of the BIS product over any of the competition are such that, to me, there is no real alternative in any case :) I'll continue to view the ArmA franchise as a no-brainer until they (BIS) prove it otherwise. Which obviously they haven't yet.

"Maybe" is the best answer.

It "may" be the best answer, but it's not everyone's answer :)

Thread started by an angry Troll.

OF course we will ALL be buying Arma 3 if it's made by BIS!!!

It's like an old car. Sure, she may have some rust here and there, but she's gonna speed past your F1 car, squash your truck, out transport your bus, out drag your dragster...

Maybe even out fly your plane!!

Chitty chitty bang bang f*ck yeah!!

Yes.

I will buy it the day it becomes available, play it in another language (without a clues as to what it says) for a month or more, and then buy the US DVD when it comes out. :eek:

Some games I play for a few weeks, BI games I play for years.

These are my thoughts exactly.

just wondering cause i'm getting enough of this crap.
No i wont buy one ill buy three copy's.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

I need to develop a crap product to sell these people. Seems they will buy anything on the promise that some day they might get what they paid for.

I'll have to wait and see. I love ArmA 2, but I am tired of game companies and ther piss poor business practices and releasing sub par games/production for full price. If I want to feel the way I do when these companies do this I will walk into a prison annex and tell the inmates I am a pedophile, results will be the same and it won't cost me money.

My game runs great! i want more great gaming!

its a kickass game though a bit time consuming :D

There is so much freedom in this game, its even more freedom in this than in like Gta games :D

Yeah, at least in Arma 2 you can beat up old grannies :p

Gta sucks!

:D

If it's a proper improvement over ArmA 2 and offers yet more realistic simulation options I most definitely would as I currently don't see any other games in development that are trying to offer the same options BIS does so there's not really much competition atm. Provided BIS keeps striving to please the milsim heads out there! ;)

I swear this would be the CoD forums.... A2 has not long been out and kids are already asking when A3 will be out....

FFS children enjoy what you have now.

I voted 'yes' but I don't care at this point in time because A2 satisfies my needs and then some...

Yup, It'll be a good 4-5 years before anyone starts getting bored.

No i wont buy one ill buy three copy's.

---------- Post added at 02:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

My game runs great! i want more great gaming!

It does now..... I'm just being honest and realistic about it. Besides to say that you would buy it is assuming a lot of things in advance, for instance, that the same people will be running BIS at that time and that the game will be based on something you will actually want to play.. It is nice when you like something to believe that things will never change unless for the best, but that isn't always the case. BIS wants to get away from Mil Sim so it is a toss up of it ever happening anyway.

ArmA II ran perfectly for me with v1.01 beta that was the stock version of the 505 Games release. I played through all of the official missions and the campaign no sweat without any gamebreaking bugs at least one time. Performance was also great.

Simply put, it was good when it was released, and amazing now. :D

Well first off i would check the recomended specs for the game . .

then be horrified at the octacore chips and nvidia 2000gtxquadcore gpu's needed to play the game

then apply for three jobs, and work 100 hour weeks to save the pennys

then cry myself to sleep for 2 years

and finaly spend my life spendings on a good enough pc to play ARMA THREE!!

ive done it once, i can do it again . . .

and it would be worth it .

...only if it features a campaign where you defend the Federation of Planets against the Dominion...classical ground war on planetary scale, phasers and disruptors with air support delivered by runabouts and attack shuttles and photon torpedo fire from orbiting Cruisers.
Sounds good.

In the meantime there's always CARRIER COMMAND: GAEA MISSION ;)

P

Sounds a bit like "Carrier Command: Gay Mission".

Don't know why I say that, because I am fully behind it and support it, but that's just how it looks...lol. Or maybe "guy" mission.

Sigh, I just don't know...

Yes.

I will buy it the day it becomes available, play it in another language (without a clues as to what it says) for a month or more, and then buy the US DVD when it comes out. :eek:

Some games I play for a few weeks, BI games I play for years.

This.

ArmA II ran perfectly for me with v1.01 beta that was the stock version of the 505 Games release. I played through all of the official missions and the campaign no sweat without any gamebreaking bugs at least one time. Performance was also great.

Simply put, it was good when it was released, and amazing now. :D

I find that difficult to believe. I'm sure you could run the game just fine, I was able to on my outdated machine but they didn't fix the campaign till long after that. Some missions you could not go past without typing the cheat in the console.

Well in all honesty, I had no issues either. Literally, I don't remember a single major bug. Not even in the campaign. The only issue for me was the slow fps in the campaign, other than that it was all ok.

I will not buy ARMA 2 follow ups not because of troubles and bugs, but merely the developers attitude of not giving infos, insights, working on raised issues, they seemed not to care much at the time of the game release.

That's is the "community" that keep me on track with that game, and kept my interests in it. I guess no one asked for immediate fixes and miracle solutions, but to a developer just saying that they heard our suggestions, questions, etc...

I will not buy ARMA 2 follow ups not because of troubles and bugs, but merely the developers attitude of not giving infos, insights, working on raised issues, they seemed not to care much at the time of the game release.

That's is the "community" that keep me on track with that game, and kept my interests in it. I guess no one asked for immediate fixes and miracle solutions, but to a developer just saying that they heard our suggestions, questions, etc...

What?

If you actually look, the BIS developers are always on the forums, reading what we say, replying, helping out with issues etc. They may not have a post count of 5,000, but they certainly do listen and keep us updated.

To a MUCH higher extent than any game developer I know of. If you look at COD, Bad company, Half life...all the big names, they don't anounce jack shit until about 1 month before release.

BIS keep us informed an entire year before release, and are greatly in touch with the community. In all of the 3 games they have released, and all of the expansions, they have always added tonnes of features the community has asked for.

Everybody feels the need to throw shit at BIS as if they are a bad developer. BIS do so much for this community, and they get crap thrown at them. The last 2 weeks on this forum have been nothing but complaints, and I am really getting annoyed by it.

If there is any reason BIS will go under, it's because of uninformed, spoilt people who demand this that and the other.

Endrant/

Er, wow. Talk about willfully down on the product. Try a product that really HAS got crappy dev support, like OFP Dragon Rising, which has ceased all support after only a very few months. And after only, what, 2 patches that really didn't fix anything? Only 1 or 2 guys ever posted on the forum, and they spent their time fielding complaints in the most evasive terms.

To be honest, the dev involvement here is perfectly OK for me, I've seen what happens when devs get friendly on their own forums (B17 TME is one great example), eventually some asshats simply abuse them over some imagined massive feature exclusion and they're sick of the entire thing.

Of course its YES for me. Its real simple.

Even with a few bugs etc the BIS team product an amazing product that no one else does. Period

I find that difficult to believe. I'm sure you could run the game just fine, I was able to on my outdated machine but they didn't fix the campaign till long after that. Some missions you could not go past without typing the cheat in the console.

Nope. I completed every mission without having to use the cheats on my first playthrough. Granted I did have slowdown in the major cities FPS-wise, as did everyone until that was fixed, but performance was what I had expected overall. I never encountered any gamebreaking bugs until I played through the campaign on my 4th or 5th time, and that was with the beta patches changing things so often.

But perhaps I'm of the right mind-set to know enough about how the game works to not try and break it, like some people do and then complain about it. I know that if by doing something it may break it so I stay clear of that. Perhaps others don't. The campaign itself never felt broken to me, it just didn't feel engaging enough once I got into the Warfare stages. :(