Sign in to follow this  
jctrnacty

Why is OFP campaign so good and arma2 so bad ???

Everything

I completely agree with everything you said man - that's also the way I see it. The campaign in ArmA2, apart from the bugs of course, is pure gold IMO.

I dont think there is any doubt about it, the ofp campaign and the Resistance campaign were adventures, not just campaigns.

The single player aspect in pc games do seem to be getting side-lined more and more - as if we are trying to be pushed into playing online - the redeeming feature with the ofp/ArmA series of games is the editor, otherwise the games wouldn't offer me much as I'm a strictly off-line gamer, for the simple reason when I start up a game I dont know if I'm going to be playing it for 5 minutes or 2 hours.

The real killer for me with the ArmA2 campaign was the "warfare" aspect - I hate it with a passion, for something that is supposed to be a military simulator this can only be described as a gimmick - a gimmick that completely smashes any feelings of immersion - may the God's of gaming spare us this bs in future campaigns.

Amen to that.

Cheers

IMO SP campaign and missions in ArmA2 are just for demonstration of renewed game engine and its new abilities and features. That's why campaign is so short, and there are few SP missions. Sad thing for those who don't like or can't play MP.

I loved Operation Flashpoint camaign and love the ARMA2 campaign also.

I see alot of people complain about the campaign but I really enjoy it.

Plus its not the onlien thing in the game... there is a sweeet editor, TONS of user made missions and fun online!

ARMA2 campaign has been in VBS2 experimental work for is ARMA3. ARMA2 is $59 for half a Campaign. If you pay $ 100 for the rest of the half play

I liked the operation flashpoint campaign better because your teammate could die without ending the mission. Also there was more moments where the AI was your team leader and I liked that too.

By the way, I still like the arma 2 campaign, but I simply like the ofp campaign better

I think I like the Arma 2 campaign a little more, as I like the dynamic objectives and not being forced to just follow orders or set mission parameters.

That said, I feel that the campaign does throw you into command too fast. They had the same thing with the resistance campaign (kindof) but it was expected that you played through CWC first.

Although, thinking back to it, I don't think I've really found anything that quite hits the feel of return to eden, but it comes close.

My only problem is being limited to controling a "super special forces" (not quoted from anywhere btw ;)) team that look like they came from a hollywood script, I'd prefer to fight as a grunt. I never did get into the campaign to be honest, though I'll give it a try at some point. Hopefully in the expansion we'll be controlling some grunts in the army for a change, instead of SF.

- Also, the AI is the best I've ever seen.

- Also also, the editor is the only reason I play :D