Sign in to follow this  
callaway

Operation Ebony Gryphon (air map)

I'd like to introduce my first map, Operation Ebony Gryphon. It's been quite an experience learning the tools and scripting. I'd like to thank everyone who answered questions and ghost for putting out a great mission to dissect. There are many more ideas I'd like to incorporate, but I think anyone dying for an Air map will have a blast. Eventually I'd like to make it coop.

OPERATION EBONY GRYPHON

Make no mistake, this is a critical mission. The allied advancement into the north of Chernarus has been close to halted by overwhelming enemy heavy armor. We can’t expose our ground troops and support to this threat any longer and we need to get them moving as soon as possible.

We need you to seek and destroy as much armor as possible before sunrise, when the allied assaults begin. Your success in this task may directly affect the outcome of tomorrow’s operation.

Focus on heavy armor and try to avoid or disable enemy anti-air units when necessary. Our intelligence units have marked possible Anti-Air positions; however, this is stale data.

You will be provided with fuel, refitting and repair services at the Allied airbase.

A few Notes

-This mission is not easy, the AA is dynamic, so it can be easier or get brutal.

-Vehicle choice (3 to choose from) can totally change the play experience, try different things, have fun.

-NVG is optional due to the time of day, I prefer without.

-Crossing into the enemy radar at the airbase has consequences, but there are many ways to clear that area without getting explodinated.

Please feel free to give any an all feedback :)

Download

http://files.filefront.com/EbonyGryphonChernaruszip/;13936367;/fileinfo.html

Armaholic Mirror graciously provided:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6087

Armed Assault.Info Mirror

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=solo&id=67

Edited by callaway

Which 3 vehicles are available? I have downloaded already but haven't tried yet. But it sounds great..

AH-1, A10, AV8B. Basically the ones that allow a solo player to do some Air to Ground damage without lasing. Some of them are easier to use than others. I find the chopper to be most challenging due to the AA and flight style.

I'd like to make an MP version that has a spec ops team lase for the more sophisticated air units.

A-10 is fun. Definitely the finesse choice. I was able to complete the whole mission just using the GAU cannon. THAT was difficult. Took many tries.

Well done callaway, this is great, all we need now is the woo hoo from the Marines as the BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP finishes!

Made an update that keeps the mission from ending if you get shot down. It may be difficult to get back to the airfield without commandeering a vehicle so a little cheat was added to the radio to teleport. Mission should still follow the same path.

Great fun, took me one re-arm for the AH-1 to complete, although I lost my gunner to a sneaky ZSU-23 at the airbase towards the end. I didn't see any of the mentioned air assets, although I did take out a SU-34 on the runway before it could take off.

Thanks for the mission.

Great fun, took me one re-arm for the AH-1 to complete, although I lost my gunner to a sneaky ZSU-23 at the airbase towards the end. I didn't see any of the mentioned air assets, although I did take out a SU-34 on the runway before it could take off.

Thanks for the mission.

Thanks for the comments. Once the SU-34 get's up, it's close to game over. I had him taking off from the Eastern Airport previously, but it was almost impossible to survive in a helo once he was in the air.

The air assets mentioned are the two planes available to you.