Sign in to follow this  
chammy

CPBO Tool is not working with Windows 7

I'm sure yall have seen this but I have not found a thread that explains it. Here is the error I get when I run cpbo.

pbo association failed!pbo association failed!Directory association failed!employment association failed!sanity association failed!done

Is there a work around for this? Or maybe another PBO tool?

So i guess either no one knows or no one cares

Guessing no one knws. Windows 7 isnit that out there yet sooo.. my 2$

There are other tools like eliteness.

I had the same problem when i used it in Vista, but after giving the CPBO admin right and putting options on folders as open it worked.. well they are associated at least and the program listed it as done, but i cant understand where im suppose to look for the extracted files :/ (yes, im very new to this)

Edited by cri74

Look at the same folder where the pbo is e.g Arma/addons/weapons.

I cant get this to work in Vista either... I can associate it with the extension but a dos window flashes buy and says open failed. Any further ideas? CRI how do you put options on folders

Hummm... I was using about2 hours on that problem and i seem to have lost control over my "test" folder now, im not the owner or the administrator over that folder anymore...I really screwd the folder up so bad that it crashes my system... LOL. So dont bother trying to get rid of the folder options and write restrictions, ownership and so fourth.

CPBO works to make PBO's but nothing more on my system, as you said the cmd flashes and no extraction.

Manzilla gave me a hot tip http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=75898

It works and i can view and extract pbo's now.

Edited by cri74

Sounds like the access controls don't like cpbo - believe it spawns a dos shell. That's trouble under Vista and beyond.

I have heard there is some odd feature in Vista/Win7 where it will stop cpbo from extracting the files where they belong and instead they end up extracted in some kind of "virtual" program files directory under your user home dir. I dont know how it works since I use XP, but I would assume there is some way to disable that from Windows. (Though it should only happen if you are trying to extract PBO files under Program Files).

No way to disable the virtual program files - that part of Vista and beyond's core security. The notion of using the program files area for data is basically dead - that stuff really needs to be under the user folder space.

Oops, I forgot to check this thread and I opened a new thread about the same thing , my bad

Admin, I guess you can delete or lock the topic I made. I have no idea how to delete it

Thanks guys. I've been having trouble packing/compressing pbo files in ArmA2

Well I downloaded Kegety's updated version and still no dice

I use Vista and can get cpbo to work. But don't bother with file associations etc, just run it from the command line.

just run from command line? nuxil had explained that earlier but I don't quite get it. I tried to use Eliteness with no luck, even placing the dll file into the system32 folder didn't work. I tried to pack a pbo file (the sound file heh) and I loaded it, the game loaded fine but i didnt hear any sound effects , just the voices.

Edited by Chammy

CPBO works fine for me. Just run it as administrator *RMC

"tools06062009" and 64bit Win7 RC function together properly here.

Right clicked the cpbo, ran as administrator and it installed and associated with right click menu as desired.

Your mileage may vary.

Best wishes,

Palehorse1

Works on Vista and Windows 7 but now the 1.05 patch stops it from working, i think BI has changed something in the pbo files :mad: