Sign in to follow this  
thedudesam

Finnaly!

Ive finnaly found a coop server where people ACTUALLY work together, it was really really fun, much better than the recent times ive played, when it felt like the communities of Halo 3 and COD4 filled the servers. :rolleyes:

We had an amazing pilot who was dropping people off around the map, and we all stuck together to assault the towns, noone played the "rambo". Coop is definately this games stongpoint, without a doubt.

Although i still think, that BIS could have done MUCH more to enforce or reward people to work together, it seems like they just made a big world and said "here you go its all yours" to the players, which is a bad move, but also a good one.

A bad move considering 30% of the pc multiplayer community are tker's/suffer from some form of retardation :smiley-blunder: and 20% "mr i go alone , i am rambo!":coop:.

But a good one because of all the awesome modders and team players who actually make the community a good one :thumb:

Edited by thedudesam

GOL server

RIP servers

IGI servers

As a noob i find those 3 the best, did a bad thing on IGI server other day fixed a t72 behind enemy lines and got in it and started pounding the enemy from behind :o. Somehow i hit one of our LAVs as someone drove the mobile HQ right into the town. Thankfully they were understanding :o

Everyday this week, this game gets better and better, still dont have a clue whats going on most of the time but generally those that do help you out.

i love you guys :D

As kdjac mentioned, the GOL server is good, when its not locked.

Had a good run earlier on there, playing the mission where we storm the castle to kill the insurgent leader. We landed a helicopter with about 4 of us, we trudged up to the castle, which was full of enemy. We're at the main gate, nervous and outnumbered. I turn around, and there is 10 soldiers all crouched behind me, they arrived from another copter just in time. Was a great moment, thought we were all alone. We stormed it, with only one injury and the copter landed straight away and launched us out.

This game really does work when everybody puts a bit of effort in.

Ive finnaly found a coop server where people ACTUALLY work together, it was really really fun, much better than the recent times ive played, when it felt like the communities of Halo 3 and COD4 filled the servers. :rolleyes:

We had an amazing pilot who was dropping people off around the map, and we all stuck together to assault the towns, noone played the "rambo". Coop is definately this games stongpoint, without a doubt.

Although i still think, that BIS could have done MUCH more to enforce or reward people to work together, it seems like they just made a big world and said "here you go its all yours" to the players, which is a bad move, but also a good one.

A bad move considering 30% of the pc multiplayer community are tker's/suffer from some form of retardation :smiley-blunder: and 20% "mr i go alone , i am rambo!":coop:.

But a good one because of all the awesome modders and team players who actually make the community a good one :thumb:

The best server I regularly played on was the one from CiA (Comrades in Arms). They have a thread in the OFP Multiplayer Forum. However you have to respect the rules otherwise you get kicked. I hope they soon switch to ArmA2

I think it was an IGI server i was on, also OCUK servers had great teamwork