Sign in to follow this  
rocket

Maule M7 (Ski Plane) by Rocket

usec_m7_1.jpg

wM4S6Yr5yM0

- VERSION 1.0.1 (27 June 09)

About:

At USEC we needed a Maule because we do a considerable amount of snow missions. We also use FSX alot, which provided an excellent base from which to research the aircraft. The project was to try and recreate the aircraft as faithfully as possible, and to that end - I think it is a great success!

There are some glaring differences, mainly around the interior, but on the whole it is a reasonably faithful production of the Maule M7 Skiplane (with a variant with no ski's). Lots of hours were spent screenshotting FSX, and scouring 3d libraries for useful models. Thanks to TheKaing and MachineMadeness who helped me test and helped with that work. Cheers guys!

It is painted pure white.

usec_m7_2.jpg

usec_m7_3.jpg

usec_m7_4.jpg

usec_m7_5.jpg

----

Features:

- Fully animated interior

- Custom crew seat/death animations

- Lit interior

- Realistic Glass

- Seats four personnel

- Ski and Non-Ski versions included

Statistics:

- 4 resolution lods (max 12K)

- Seperate custom Fire/Collision/View Geometry

- One Shadow LOD (second is to do)

- Seperate Pilot/Cargo View (13k polys)

- 2 x 2048 Textures, only one with Shaders (interior doesnt need it). One is exterior, other is pilot/cargo view.

----

Many thanks to:

- FSX for providing a great Maule for research (lots of screenshots!)

- Gnat for his Piper, which provided much of the knowledge and inspiration

- RKSLRock, and the rest of the BI Forums crew

- USEC team!

- Foxhound, Armaholic, ArmedAssault.info ... and all the other community sites. Bandwidth ain't cheap!

- BI for making such awesome games!

- The forum Mod's here for being patient and always around

- Everyone who bought ArmA and ArmA2.

- The ACE mod guys too... while its been a pain to integrate. They have done great work!

This is provided "as is" with no warranty. The property contained retains any and all relevant licenses it may have. Contact me if you would like to edit this file beyond personal use, and I'll see if its possible.

The future:

- When my copy of ArmA2 arrives, I'll port it to that.

- Paintkit.

- Amphibious Variant

- I'd like to make a VOR system...

- Glass Damage textures... I have actually DONE the textures I just couldn't get the damn things working (even following the tutorial!).

- On request I edited the "engine startup" script so that it *should* work correctly with ACE in multiplayer. Haven't tested it though.

Downloads:

Anyone and everyone can host it. Knock yourself out. Post below and I'll update this.

Edited by Rocket

very nice rocket, this will be very useful in many ways usaf scout plane....firefighter plane...many possiblies, so thanks very much!!!

Ingenious way of transport, thank you for providing us with this detailed model! :)

- 4 resolution lods (max 12K)

The question is; how many points/polys the last res LOD and how many sections?

The current download listed is 1.0.1. The initial version was 1.0, but it was unsigned. To get the mod to work on multiplayer servers, you will need to ensure you have 1.0.1.

hey rocket i would love to do a u.s. californa forrest fire fighting plane! if that would be cool with you, it could be very useful with cheyenneah56's firefighting mod. and other fire mods

The question is; how many points/polys the last res LOD and how many sections?

Lowest res LOD as follows (still a WIP, plan to have it right down for next release):

- Faces: 3332

- Sections: 8

Edited by Rocket

Have confirmed this works in ArmA2, but only if you load the aircraft empty (no crew).

Hi, i've found what i think that's a bug, 3 holes or slices in the front glass, is not pressent

if you look at the pimp and slow plane from outside, here goes a pic:

usec_maulec_bug.jpg

Also a machinegunner that was my copilot spawned over the left wing when i order him to

get outta my f****** plane and get lost 500m away from me; the flaps of the plane was

completly down and the plane stopped, the luckless had a parachute and we can't kick

people from planes in this game. A very pimp plane, but i find it slow and i've to be always

pulling up the lever. Let's C ya