Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

STEAM troubleshooting

Not seeing more than like 40 servers online right now. What's up? :) I KNOW my unit's server is online, people are on it.

isn't the ESRB notice on all copies distributed in the US and Canada? I don't think they have a choice. It's no inconvenience so I'd stop whining about it and let them tend to more important issues.

After playing an online match for about 30-40 minutes my screen goes blank. I can only see other players text. But I can still hear sound effects and players on team speak.

when i try hosting a multiplayer game an error message pops up saying "no entry bin\config.bin/RscDisplayMultiplayerSetup/controls/CA_B_West.sideToggle" please somebody help!!!!!!!!!!!!

when i try hosting a multiplayer game an error message pops up saying "no entry bin\config.bin/RscDisplayMultiplayerSetup/controls/CA_B_West.sideToggle" please somebody help!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also get this all the time i join a server...

it's fixed in public betas ... either get it or wait for next patch

problem with the public beta is that not everyone is using it yet, so you may not find as many servers to play on using the fixes the beta provides. However this does not stop you from playing on regular 1.03 servers as the beta acts as a mod, so you can switch between beta and 1.03 by restarting the game (and removing the target line for the beta, or running a different shortcut that doesn't run the beta). It's really up to you as you loose nothing by downloading the beta other than some of the servers you might like may not be running on it.

My game updated to 1.03 automatically. I've tried reinstalling/deleting cache and verifying but I keep getting 2 annoying errors that won't go away. They are also happening to a friend of mine who purchased this game on Steam.

1) in Razor 2 mission at the beginning where ther is supposed to be talking when the screen is black I get a "Sound Counter not found" error. Other people on steam are getting this too but there is no fix and CD people don't seem to have this problem??

2) EVERY time I join a multiplayer game I get a error:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/RscDisplayMultiplayerSetup/controls/CA_B_West.sideToggle'

Nothing came up when I searched that one but my friend also gets that exact error.

Don't worry abot the CA_B_West.sideToggle error, it's harmless and from what I've heard, does not appear anymore with the beta patches so it should be gone when 1.04 rolls around.

As for the Razor 2 mission problem, I cannot comment as I don't play the campaign.

I get Session Lost on every server i enter. And few of my friends too.

As soon as we enter server, ... no addons or anything.

I get Session Lost on every server i enter. And few of my friends too.

As soon as we enter server, ... no addons or anything.

Same. Everything comes up as 1.04, can see green light servers. I go to connect and "Session Lost". Instantly.

Luhgnut;1439489']Same. Everything comes up as 1.04' date=' can see green light servers. I go to connect and "Session Lost". Instantly.[/quote']

I'm getting the same error also. I run no mods. I tired the beta just before this came out and it never had this problem.

It doesn't happen on EVERY server but it happens on just aout every server I play on :/ The servers are upgraded to 1.04 also....

i have the same "session lost" error too on most 1.04 servers..there are only 2 or 3 servers joinable at the moment

please make sure you revalidate cache for receiving post patch hotfix ...

sorry for any troubles

Ever since the newest patch (Hotfix included) my keyboard doesn't seem to work in game. I've tried with another, but only the mouse works. I'm using a G15, if it helps.

I posted in here because I have a friend who also owns the steam version and has the same issue.

Go into Steam -> My Games -> (right click) Arma 2 -> Properties -> local files -> verify intergrity of game cache

Does Steam give us our updates in small doses? Cause I am getting 1 atm and I was sure I have 1.04 already. Oddness.

Hi, I have a quick question about Arma II on Steam.

I've bought the retail version (with Polish localization) in a store, is it also possible to register the bought game to Steam? That could save me the need to constantly put the DVD in whenever I want to play.

NO, it's not possible to register retail version to STEAM ...

MY system:

Ram: 8gig

Video: 2 x GeForce 8800 Ultra 768meg in SLI Nvidia driver 190.62

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+, 3520 Mhz

Motherboard: Asus AMD CROSSHAIR 590SLI v1 with on board sound & network

Hard drives: 3 x WD in a 1.4TB hardware Raid 0

Problem:

Click on arma 2 in steam comes up preparing to lunch then just disapears with no error codes??? Run it from the arma 2 exe and i get the following: "C:\Windows\system32\X3DAudio1_6.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support."

The game used to run fine on my machine I had to do a rebuild of the computer and this is what comes up after steam did the last update also same issue with the demo?????

Things I have tried:

-Re installing directX 9 august 2009 as administrator no effect tried a few times!!!

- Re intall of the arma 2 game, waste of a download no change same problem!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

please try install November version of DirectX redist ... and make sure you installing with admin rights