Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

STEAM troubleshooting

Hi I Downloaded Arma 2 / Arrowhead from Steam and I noticed that the noise of the aircrafts is not the same as it was with my Arma2 hardcopy install, it is much more quieter and you cannot see the red hot heat coming from the Figheter Jets pipes anymore. Steam suggested the below:

Hello Sacha, Please try the following: Exit Steam entirely. Browse to your Steam installation (Usually C:\Program Files\Steam\) Rename the "steamapps" folder to "old_steamapps" Re-launch Steam and re-install the game. Once the installation is complete, test the issue. If the issue is not resolved, you can rename the folder back to avoid having to re-install other games

However the game is telling me i do not have permission to change the name etc. What can I do to get back the orginal sounds of all aircrafts? Thanks

I can't install the beta patch on my Steam version. It says it needs 1.58 and I have 1.57. I run the game, and it clearly says I have 1.59... :confused:

I verified the cache, and it says 1 file failed and will be downloaded. But it never does, and verifying the cache always fails. Ugh...

P.S. I recently migrated my Arma 2 and OA files from my old rig to this new one. Don't want to have to redownload everything again.

P.S. I recently migrated my Arma 2 and OA files from my old rig to this new one. Don't want to have to redownload everything again.

What method did you use to migrate the data?

What method did you use to migrate the data?

I put my old harddrive in this computer and compied all of the arma files to my new Steam directory. I then instructed Steam to install/download Arma 2/OA, but the download process went very quickly as expected as Steam realized most of the needed files were already there. I verified the cache many times and it reports that one file failed and will be redownloaded. But only a 1.4kb download is made at that point and reverifying the cache again yields another fail and another 1.4kb download.

Other than all of this, Arma 2/OA seems to run fine and the version is reported as being 1.59 in-game. I just can't install the beta patch for some reason.

EDIT: Oh and another interesting thing. If Steam is running when I try to apply the beta patch, I get a different error saying "wrong cd-key".

Edited by Arrowhead

I verified the cache many times and it reports that one file failed and will be redownloaded. But only a 1.4kb download is made at that point and reverifying the cache again yields another fail and another 1.4kb download.

I also see this behavior across multiple systems and with both Arma 2 and OA, as does a friend. Perhaps Steam has corruption in its Arma 2 and OA files?

Resolved!

Weird TRIED IT AGAIN AFTER LOADING MY OTHER MODS AN NOW ARMA2 APPEARS... n/m thx

Edited by thinkr

v1.60 Using Combined Ops Launcher in Steam the game does not recognize ARMA2 as loaded mod in game!

Using the Steam Combined Ops launcher broken?... Operation arrow head No longer recognizes ARMA2 as loaded modifier. I have verified this with a friend. plz help.

Weird TRIED IT AGAIN AFTER LOADING MY OTHER MODS AN NOW ARMA2 APPEARS Testing again... brb

i assume You forgot run ARMA 2 once to get detected ...

until You do that it will not become detectable (1st run = registry keys written)

---------- Post added at 16:21 ---------- Previous post was at 16:20 ----------

My .rpt is not showing what allocator i'm using ...

what game, what build, what distribution (i assume STEAM)?

do you have \Operation Arrowhead\dll\ folder?

the A2:CO option in STEAM is not for beta version, You need create new batch file for the beta with proper mod entries to run in A2: CO mode

Is there an example of this batch file anywhere? im looking to give the betas a try with Day Z and nearly all server are running beta now so cant get on them with standard version.

Running Arma 2 CO on Steam with Baf & PLC.

Have installed 93415.

When I fire up Arma 2 beta using the supplied shortcut arma 2 isnt loaded and i get kicked from games for not having cherno installed.

Thanks

Hello.

I've upgraded to Windows 8 and installed Steam. All games, settings and previous Steam directory was saved before. Now I've checked hash for Arma 2, Arma 2: OA and Arma 2: PMC. I try to install the latest beta patch in order toplay DayZ, but I receive an error about wrong CD-key. I still can see my key in Steam, but it seems it doesn't write it to register. How can I fix it and install beta patch?

Hello.

I've upgraded to Windows 8 and installed Steam. All games, settings and previous Steam directory was saved before. Now I've checked hash for Arma 2, Arma 2: OA and Arma 2: PMC. I try to install the latest beta patch in order toplay DayZ, but I receive an error about wrong CD-key. I still can see my key in Steam, but it seems it doesn't write it to register. How can I fix it and install beta patch?

Run the game once (without mods or beta, obviously). That generally works.

Every time I check file integrity with steam it always fails for both A2 and OA.  It downloads then next time I check again it still fails and redownloads, but never gets a successful validation. I've tried running steam with admin and made no difference.

The games both start fine though.

if you get one file fail then it usually is the installation script file, which gets overwritten by new system delivered by STEAM itself ..

in that case don't worry about it

• Like 1