Sign in to follow this  
maruk

Updated patch 1.02.58134

Steam mocks me by not looking at the filesystem, It just (I think it does nothing actually) checks one file. I tried this two or three times, once without the exe incase the patch i used accidentally added a securom hook.

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/1702/verify.jpg

This is all i see no matter what i do.

what the hell is this securom garbage from steam , i just paid 50 dollars to play this game and now it says i need a disc

You should make sure from now on to mention that steam users should never ever use retail patches :)

My fault totally though, I was just overly excited to play the game finally.

Re-downloading the game, going to take a few hours though...

what the hell is this securom garbage from steam , i just paid 50 dollars to play this game and now it says i need a disc

he installed retail patch over STEAM which is WRONG

If I'm not interested in enabling AA anyway (since my computer is crap), is there any reason for me to download the patch at all?

If I'm not interested in enabling AA anyway (since my computer is crap), is there any reason for me to download the patch at all?

My system isnt that great, (AMD 64x2 5200+ 2GB RAM, ati hd3780), I tried the AA on low, makes a nice difference, and must be due to the patch, the game seems to run slightly smoother. Went for a spin in a heli, the only place it really slowed a bit was over the large town/city in the south, electro....something :rolleyes:. Running and driving through it was fine though. I'm quite impressed overall. AI driving, well, first thing I did after installing the patch was load my save game from Badlands, and promptly got run over by a BMP. :eek:

I havn't had an angel descend and patch my wounded bloodied body and soul up yet, so Im not happy with the patch. :D

Hi all

I just bought the new arma 2 game for pc , shell I immedialty get also the new patch 1.2 ? What is the correct process to install them on the game , sry for my stupid question but i'm not an expert and quite new on pc games

many tks Riccardo

Hi all

I just bought the new arma 2 game for pc , shell I immedialty get also the new patch 1.2 ? What is the correct process to install them on the game , sry for my stupid question but i'm not an expert and quite new on pc games

many tks Riccardo

This is the latest patch so download and install this one.

Yes, a good patch..

But, in the same scenario,AA set to low cost me a few fps (4-5 on 55/60 average)

The average loss is about 7%-8%

Too much expensive...

Cheers

how do you se what your fps is, in the game?

With this updated patch I'm now suffering from a weird bug that didn't come up in the earlier 1.02, at least I don't recall it happening:

If I'm in a heavy mission (FPS +20) and access the video options (to get it running a bit smoother, I constantly try to run on too high 3D rsl :p), they may not come up at all or the 'advanced' page won't open. When this happens the blurred backround suddenly comes clear and when I resume the game everything is blurry.

Tap back to the menu and resume game again and everything is back to normal.

Not a biggy though, just wondering if this a known issue, or just my rig choking up on something..

Q6600 @ 3.1Ghz

HD4890 (slightly OC'd / Cat 9.6)

4Gb RAM >800Mhz

Abit IP-35 Pro

Windows 7

had 1.02 patch all ready ,,just putting new 1 on

Please be patient. This update may appear to take a long time to complete. It is updating and installing very large data.

Verifying ArmA 2, version 1.02...

ArmA 2 patch 1.02 has been already applied.

its at 100%,,,,but the folders are still moving from left to right at top.

should i click ok at the bottom

ta laggy ,,,it worked

Edited by cuppa

So I skimmed thru all 12 pages of this post to gather some information regarding people who have downloaded the game via Steam.

If I have read correctly then people who have steam already have this patch that is being announced in this post, right?

If I am wrong then how would I go about updating my steam version of ArmA 2 to the most current version(this one).

Yes Steam is this version, well ever so slightly higher in number format IIRC.

I have the Direct2Drive version of the game which is 1.02.58064. Now the patch thread (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=75075) states that the later 1.02 is compatible with this version but I wanted to make sure, since when I apply this patch, it goes through very quickly and then states that 1.02 is already applied. The .exe version is changed so in the game menu I see the new version number but I want to make sure that all content is updated as well. (After decompression, patching itself takes about 5 seconds.)

A friend of mine have an interessting problem. She bought the game retail (DVD) and got the v 1.01.57631. Clean install, when trying to update to v1.02.58134 the updater gives error messages and will not update because the game files are corrupted. PBO, Addons files everything.....Last stopping at 24% buildings.pbo

Any solution to this problem ?

Edited by cri74

cri74: Sounds like the update file is incomplete/corrupt and she needs to get another copy.

It may have damaged the original install so if the new update doesn't work then best to re-intall from scratch.

h- I also have that problem sometimes where the video options screen will not show but its not all the time so I'm not bothered. Besides 1.03 should be out soon...

Yep this is allso the suggestion from the patcher, but tired 5-6 different downloads + the patcher i used on my nexway edition of the game. Same problem over and over :(

Maybe a solution is to try installing my nexway edition and try the serial code form her DVDgame then update. Very strange problem.

I am curious, since I patched up to 1.02 I seem to have lost the modules (add a player to mission editor and they should appear). It seems this is the only thing lost from the whole mission editor. Module.pbo is where it should be, nothing tampered with. Recognize this problem?

I suppose I just need to reinstall if this is a local problem of mine.

Edited by colossus

I am curious, since I patched up to 1.02 I seem to have lost the modules (add a player to mission editor and they should appear). It seems this is the only thing lost from the whole mission editor. Module.pbo is where it should be, nothing tampered with. Recognize this problem?

I suppose I just need to reinstall if this is a local problem of mine.

The Modules are now mapped to the F7 key. You can add them at any time.

Blind as a bat.. :blush: Thank you.

Silly change though, can't see any real benefits other then quicker access to a already quick way.

I just wanted to say, I have Vista 64bit, 8GB of memory, and 2 Nvidia 9800GTX+ in SLI with 1GB Vmem each and the latest drivers from Nvidia, and my arma2 profile only lists 256MB vram! This patch did not fix any Vmem issue for me. The game and/or the drivers still have an issue. Just wanted to let BIS know.