Sign in to follow this  
nzjono

New evga sli fix works :-)

WIll that evga patch work with my regular Nvidia GTX 295 SLI? I just downloaded a regular patch from Nvidias website will evgas patch conflict with anything?

@Sloop

so you are all running Vista64. That's why I cannot get it run properly on Windows7 Ultimate Release Candidate 1.... humm

I think your problem is

language="German";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=-4194304;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1920;

Resolution_H=1200;

refresh=60;

Render_W=1920;

Render_H=1200;

FSAA=3;

postFX=2;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=191033344; this is only 182.18359MB...BIS see this

nonlocalVRAM=191033344;

...because for the 3D_performance you have minus value and ArmA don't correct recognize your VRAM and nonlocalVRAM too :bounce3:

Try this values:

3D_Performance=100000;

localVRAM=939524096;

nonlocalVRAM=2146435072;

:D

Just change this values in your ArmA2.cfg make that file read-only and see ;)

I'll try later when back @home ... thx so far

I d/led this and installed it, but where is it/how do I use it?

I don't see anything in my program files, etc and in the nvidia control panel it all looks t he same and nothing ithere about this...

Using an EVGA 9800GX2.

No way man. I manually entered the values in my arma2.cfg but I still have the problem:

In texture details and graphic memory there are only two option: LOW AND NORMAL. There is missing the HIGH and EXTRA HIGH option! I had this only with the old nvidia driver 182.50 which I don't want to use! So, can someone please explain me how to teach Arma2 that I have a good graphic card so all memory will be allocated correctly? Damn, I'm so upset and I'm short before to sell my game on ebay or somewhere else. I'm really upset! I have a high-end system and Arma2 won't run! DAMN IT!

Ive tried a few things now and am not seeing much difference.

I have installed the latest Arma 2 patch and have the following system:

Cryo Pc

I7 920 @ 3.7ghz

2 x 285 GTX's in SLI

6gig Ram

Raid 0 drives

Running Gamebooster

FRAPS

Ive tried the following in diff combinations:

crysis.exe

crysis64.exe

-winzip

-nosplash

i still dont seem to get much over 35FPS in campaign, average 20 to 30.

Get 60FPS in start up screen, which obviosuly is capped.

mostly on high/normal settings at 1200-1084 (something like that). Have tried higher and not much difference.

i even think i was getting marginally better FPS when i went back to Arma2 and used only 1x285GTX? That seems odd.

I get the distinct feeling its not maxing my CPU/Graphic cards, it just wont run any higher for some reason?

Optimisation please BIS?

Ive tried a few things now and am not seeing much difference.

I have installed the latest Arma 2 patch and have the following system:

Cryo Pc

I7 920 @ 3.7ghz

2 x 285 GTX's in SLI

6gig Ram

Raid 0 drives

Running Gamebooster

FRAPS

Ive tried the following in diff combinations:

crysis.exe

crysis64.exe

-winzip

-nosplash

i still dont seem to get much over 35FPS in campaign, average 20 to 30.

Get 60FPS in start up screen, which obviosuly is capped.

mostly on high/normal settings at 1200-1084 (something like that). Have tried higher and not much difference.

i even think i was getting marginally better FPS when i went back to Arma2 and used only 1x285GTX? That seems odd.

I get the distinct feeling its not maxing my CPU/Graphic cards, it just wont run any higher for some reason?

Optimisation please BIS?

You definitely don't need SLI at 1280x1024. That will definitely hurt performance more than it will help.

Also, try -winxp, not -winzip. :confused:

You definitely don't need SLI at 1280x1024. That will definitely hurt performance more than it will help.

Also, try -winxp, not -winzip. :confused:

Ta, thatll be why i didnt see much change on higher resolutions.

I meant winxp, tadge tired.

You look to have a similar set-up to mine. What sort of FPS do you get with your settings?

Good thing I didn't opt for 12 GB of RAM for "future proofing" purposes! I'd be mad that I can only use 2 GB.

Damn it, NO! I have 12GB RAM in my system and won't throttle it down just for this ***** game. I will wait max. 1 month for further updates. If BI cannot fix this alpha-prelease which they sell official on stores, I will sell my game and share my oppinion.

Damn it, NO! I have 12GB RAM in my system and won't throttle it down just for this ***** game. I will wait max. 1 month for further updates. If BI cannot fix this alpha-prelease which they sell official on stores, I will sell my game and share my oppinion.

What you need 12GB of RAM for is beyond me.

Other than that selling such broken game to someone else would be hypocritical, wouldn't it :p

:) LoL. Well, what else do to with it? I cannot use it. And I filled up my system with 12 Gigs of RAM because I'm doin' a lot of video and audio stuff mate... But the problem isn't dedicated to the RAM, but to the game itself which cannot handle correctly the latest nvidia driver, so my graphic card is recognized correctly and all the memory available is allocated. That's the reason why I got stuck

SLI doesnt help at lower res? please excuse my ignorance. not overly familiar with the technicalities of SLI.

How can I tell if the EVGA SLI enhancement patch was applied successfully?

Here's what I did...I updated my nforce 680i drivers, then updated the 8800 GTX drivers to the latest version. Then I clicked on the SLI enhancement .exe that I downloaded from EVGA. The file installed, but when I open the NVidia control panel, ARMA2 is not listed in the profiles area.

Are there any other indicators that the Arma2 profile is being used and that SLI is working as it should? My framerate has not improved significantly.

How can I tell if the EVGA SLI enhancement patch was applied successfully?

Here's what I did...I updated my nforce 680i drivers, then updated the 8800 GTX drivers to the latest version. Then I clicked on the SLI enhancement .exe that I downloaded from EVGA. The file installed, but when I open the NVidia control panel, ARMA2 is not listed in the profiles area.

Are there any other indicators that the Arma2 profile is being used and that SLI is working as it should? My framerate has not improved significantly.

Look closer. You probably have the nvidia control panel set up to only display profiles from the list of games that are installed on your PC. Change it to all and you should see an Arma2 profile. If not, then reboot if you haven't done so already.

For anyone who wants to know if SLI is Working:

Turn on your "SLI Visual Indicators" in the nividia control panel. Click on "Manage 3D settings" in the left hand panel. Now go up to the menu bar, where it says "File","Edit","View". Click on the "3D Settings" menu and click "Show Sli Visual Indicators". You will see a check mark next to it when its selected.

Now when you play a game that is using SLI you will see a Green Bar overlay on the left of the screen, the further the Green bars get to the top and bottom of the screen the harder Sli is working.

I don't quit understand this fix. I have an sli card with one 8800gts 512mb, so do I need to download this patch?

I don't quit understand this fix. I have an sli card with one 8800gts 512mb, so do I need to download this patch?

Mate...all Nvidia cards circa 6xxx (can't recall first model) are SLi cards...

But SLi is an operations mode .. e.g more than 1 x GPU in a systems (be it 2 x Physical GPU's or 1 x physical card with 2 GPU's on its PCB).

So if you only have 1 8800gts (and if its the early release is a pretty old and slow card now) then you have NO need for the SLi patch as you are only running a single GPU.

For anyone who wants to know if SLI is Working:

Turn on your "SLI Visual Indicators" in the nividia control panel. Click on "Manage 3D settings" in the left hand panel. Now go up to the menu bar, where it says "File","Edit","View". Click on the "3D Settings" menu and click "Show Sli Visual Indicators". You will see a check mark next to it when its selected.

Now when you play a game that is using SLI you will see a Green Bar overlay on the left of the screen, the further the Green bars get to the top and bottom of the screen the harder Sli is working.

Hello, thanks for tip how to enable SLI bars, but I can't see 3D settings option at all. Clicking on Manage 3D settings doesn't show up these option in menu bars.

But I remember in some older driver version, when I was playing Crysis, SLI indicators works for me and enabling option was there. Now, with latest drivers, SLI Visual Indicators option is missing.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

SLI doesnt help at lower res? please excuse my ignorance. not overly familiar with the technicalities of SLI.

it does if you have a real fast cpu so that your not limited by it. i have to run at 1280x1024 with my SLi setup if i want to run setting on high and very high. if i go to 1600x1200 my frame rates really tank.

my specs:

E8500 @ 4.1

pc2 8500 4GB

eVGA 8800GTS 640mb SLi @ 600/1500/900

winXP Pro 32 sp3

186.18 + evga sli enhancement

Hello, thanks for tip how to enable SLI bars, but I can't see 3D settings option at all. Clicking on Manage 3D settings doesn't show up these option in menu bars.

But I remember in some older driver version, when I was playing Crysis, SLI indicators works for me and enabling option was there. Now, with latest drivers, SLI Visual Indicators option is missing.

Any suggestion?

Thanks.

hmm, only 2 things I can think off that would cause you to not be able to see that menu.

1st: not clicking on "Manage 3D settings", but you say you have done that, so that cant be it.

2nd: Sli is not enabled at all? Under "Manage 3D settings" you should see "Set SLI and PhysX configuration", click this and make sure there is a "dot" in "Enable SLI (recommended)"

Other than that I don't know :/

OK, problem is solved. Nvidia drivers since 17x.xxx doesn't support SLI bars for my 9800GX2 card. So I have to use nHancer. This utility has direct option for enabling SLI bars.

And yes, EVGA patch works fine for me. Both PCB's are used about 80-90 %. No more renaming arma2.exe to crysis.exe.