Sign in to follow this  
nzjono

New evga sli fix works :-)

Thanks for the help but I don't understand where I put the mem addon.

Sorry but I am new to PC gaming and what is the target line?

doesn't work for me still low fps average 30 in scenario with everything medium

Cpu load max 53%

i'm getting massive fps improvments with that evga patch (and i'm using a different brand)

vsync is still off - use the -maxmem=2047 and i'm hitting 90-100 in the towns...

This fix has made all the models and textures look less 'blocky'

How the hell did you pull that off? Only ever hit 100 while in the middle of nowhere, looking directly up into the sky. With 40 max in towns, average of 30-35?

you're lucky you got 100 FPS mine max 42 except the intro then i hit a 127 FPS

Wasnt there already a thread about this?

anyway, it worked really well for about 20 minutes, best performance I've had yet. Then started going screwy as explained here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=76214 Basically after an unspecified amount of time, using Shadows on High setting, bushes and trees start dropping fps by half then going back to normal then dropping again.

^ anything you would like to add to that? I notice you have shadows off, its at night, no PP. 290 fps is nice but aint gonna look too pretty.

And anyone posting a screen shot of FPS/SLI, turn on Sli Visual Indicators eh?

^ anything you would like to add to that? I notice you have shadows off, its at night, no PP. 290 fps is nice but aint gonna look too pretty.

And anyone posting a screen shot of FPS/SLI, turn on Sli Visual Indicators eh?

It's a day shot... don't know why it came out so dark :)

It doesn't look too shabby in game, i'll go get some screens

ahh :) , well at least you have plenty of head room for cranking up the eye candy. You could probably get some nice view distance with that FPS :D

How do I do the mem addon?

I have 6GB and I don't know how to do it.

Is the performance increase much better?

It's a day shot... don't know why it came out so dark :)

It doesn't look too shabby in game, i'll go get some screens

LoL neuro you have almost everything turned off, that result doesnt really tell us much.

I didnt buy a GTX295 to turn the shadows off, it looks terrible without them.

When people are posting their fps it would help if they included a screen shot of their settings. Impossible to compare if someone has everything turned off like Neuro or running at low resolution.

Also your view distance of only a 1000 makes it almost unplayable, the enemy will see you long before you can ever see them. Impossible to fly a pane or heli at that setting mate.

Theres no performance increase from what ive seen,its merely the same as the crysis.exe fix.

I carried out a few tests using the Harvest Red mission (this mission lags/stutters badly for me) from when you spawn in and run around on the roof , i found the fps was the same using a single gtx280,2x gtx280's with the evga sli fix and 2x gtx280's with the crysis.exe fix.

Also tested the Demo against Retail version in Trial by Fire and found the Demo ran very smooth with the odd glitch compared to the Retail version which was very laggy in places (used the same settings for both tests V.High on everything).

@NVidia-Users: which nvidia driver are u using?? Can I use the latest nvidia driver with this SLI hotfix? I have GTX-295 but running the old nvidia driver which only worked for me on Arma2. It was 182.50 or something like that?? Can someone tell me, if 186.18 is running fine with the game? I would like to try this SLI hotfix tonight. But I would also like to use the latest nvidia driver. Thanks

This EVGA hotfix works only with 186.18 so you will need to update your drivers.

I dont have SLI but I'm using the latest drivers without problem, I also ren the game on 185.50 and there is no performance difference, so its worth upgrading.

Yapa

only with 186.18... bollox!! It's just some profiles.. just post here the profile from ARma2 and add it to your nvapps.xml.. done.

<PROFILE Label="arma2">

<APPLICATION Label="arma2.exe"/>

<PROPERTY Label="aa_behavior_flags" Value="0x00040000" Default="0x00040000" Itemtype="predefined"/>

<PROPERTY Label="multichip_rendering_mode" Value="0x02506405" Default="0x02506405" Itemtype="predefined"/>

<PROPERTY Label="hybrid_rendering_mode" Value="0x00000009" Default="0x00000009" Itemtype="predefined"/>

<PROPERTY Label="multichip_dx10_rendering_mode" Value="0x000240F5" Default="0x000240F5" Itemtype="predefined" OS_TYPE="Vista"/>

<PROPERTY Label="hybrid_dx10_rendering_mode" Value="0x00000009" Default="0x00000009" Itemtype="predefined" OS_TYPE="Vista"/>

<PROPERTY Label="d3d10_aa_feature_bits" Value="05000000" Default="05000000" Itemtype="predefined"/>

</PROFILE>

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

Or this one that make my Sim even smoother.. Just test them//

<PROFILE Label="arma2">

<APPLICATION Label="arma2.exe"/>

<PROPERTY Label="aa_behavior_flags" Value="0x00000001" Default="0x00000001" Itemtype="predefined"/>

<PROPERTY Label="multichip_rendering_mode" Value="0x02506405" Default="0x02506405" Itemtype="predefined"/>

<PROPERTY Label="hybrid_rendering_mode" Value="0x00000009" Default="0x00000009" Itemtype="predefined"/>

<PROPERTY Label="multichip_dx10_rendering_mode" Value="0x000240F5" Default="0x000240F5" Itemtype="predefined" OS_TYPE="Vista"/>

<PROPERTY Label="hybrid_dx10_rendering_mode" Value="0x00000009" Default="0x00000009" Itemtype="predefined" OS_TYPE="Vista"/>

<PROPERTY Label="d3d10_aa_feature_bits" Value="05000000" Default="05000000" Itemtype="predefined"/>

</PROFILE>

Well,I de-installed ArmA 2, I de-installed nvidia 182.50 drivers, rebooted two times. Then I installed the latest nvidia driver for Windows7 64-bit, I completely installed Arma2 from my DVD, I executed the latest Arma2 patch (of today), and I installed this EVGA SLI Hotfix. After that I checked that no arma2-directory is located in my User-Directory Documents. So a new arma2.cfg and profile is created.

But I have following problem with the latest nvidia drivers: as soon I start Arma2 for the first time, it shows me correct and latest patch version on the bottom right corner, but in the Graphic Option I cannot choose VERY HIGH Graphiccard RAM and Performance. That's because Arma2 don't recognize my GTX-295. Here is the arma2.cfg it creates after my first launch and setting up my graphics.

Because of that I get texture flickering, the grass and all the other textures look very bad. It's no fun playing with rubbish textures.

language="German";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=-4194304;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1920;

Resolution_H=1200;

refresh=60;

Render_W=1920;

Render_H=1200;

FSAA=3;

postFX=2;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=191033344;

nonlocalVRAM=191033344;

I was getting errors too.

I got rid of the new drivers with EVGA patch and reinstalled new drivers with new arma 2 1.2 patch and it now works.

I think the EVGA patch conflicts with patch 1.2

I found that if I use the maxmem tag, game will crash (white textures)..

I will try in a sec, but i bet its to do with the fact that game is treating SLi memory as one large pool, rather then two. If I run with -maxmem it crashes everytime in armamark.

did try EVGa hot fix too with newest drivers. i use maxmem and winxp in parameters too. my opinion framerates increased somewhat in mp and now they are constant 60fps at start screen. res 1920*1200 gfxcard is gtx295

Edited by purkka_FIN

@the luck people who succeeded in running ArmA2 fine with EVGA Patch:

Which operating system are you using??? Anyone got Arma2 running at Windows7 RC 1, with latest nvidia drivers with GTX-295?? If so, please tell me how. Why is my graphic card not regcognized well by the game ???

@the luck people who succeeded in running ArmA2 fine with EVGA Patch:

Which operating system are you using??? Anyone got Arma2 running at Windows7 RC 1, with latest nvidia drivers with GTX-295?? If so, please tell me how. Why is my graphic card not regcognized well by the game ???

vista 64... never had any problems with it over many many games.

Installed this patch on my friends PC today and it worked well, no issues to report with the latest drivers and he got about 45 to 50% more fps in the benchmark....

.....but in warfare (in the town areas) the fps still drops quite low... which is a problem with the game code and the CPU being maxed out.

An interesting thing I found, start MP warfare and stand in the base area... where you spawn.

The CPU usage will most likely be 90% or higher unless you have a 3ghz + i7...

Now press the map button, you will see the CPU drops to about 55% or 60% max.... then when you turn the map off it goes back to 100% cpu usage.

so you are all running Vista64. That's why I cannot get it run properly on Windows7 Ultimate Release Candidate 1.... humm