Sign in to follow this  
nzjono

New evga sli fix works :-)

EVGA fix works for me :yay:

Tested as below, working well FPS has doubled. I tested in both single player and multiplayer. Single player getting around 45 to 55 and in MP hitting 60 most of the time which seems to be the new framerate cap.

This is the driver fix we have been waiting for, its an add on of sorts for the new Nvidia drivers so hopefully it will beintergrated in the next Nvidia update. In the meantime this works. phew!!! :D

Enable SLI in the latest games - NOW!

EVGA has now released the first version of the EVGA SLI Enhancement! This unofficial patch enables temporary SLI support in the latest games. In order to quickly enhance SLI Profile issues that come up with any new demo or game release; EVGA has decided to publicly release this update to patch add any SLI profiles so you can take full advantage of SLI right now!Check this page often for any updates or support for the latest games and demos!

Version 13 (06.26.09) - Based on NVIDIA 186.18 Driver

Changelist:

New SLI profiles from EVGA SLI Enhancement Patch:

Enables SLI support for ArmA 2 game and demo

Supports Windows Vista 32/64bit and Windows XP 32/64bit

FAQ:

How does this enhancement work?

New games/demos are released all the time, and often times they need an SLI profile in order for SLI to work, the goal is to create a 1 day turnaround time from new demo release, to SLI enhancement so you can be gaming in SLI as soon as possible.

Do I need this enhancement if I do not play the above games?

No, you only need this enhancement if you run SLI, and are playing one of the above games.

I have a single dual GPU card (7950GX2, 9800GX2, GTX 295) should I use this enhancement?

Yes, this enhancement will benefit dual GPU cards as well.

I have created custom SLI profiles, will this enhancement remove them?

This enhancement will reset all the profiles, so it is recommended to either not use this enhancement, or re-create any custom SLI profiles after this has enhancement has been installed.

Do I still need this enhancement when a new driver is released?

Often times a new driver can add the profiles needed, this page will be updated when this is done, or if any new games need an SLI profile.

What drivers do I need to install to use this enhancement?

Although it is possible that this enhancement may work with older drivers, it has not been tested, thus is only recommended to use with the above driver.

How do I remove this enhancement?

If for whatever reason you need to remove this enhancement, please uninstall your display drivers from Add/Remove programs, then reinstall.

If I apply this enhancement are the drivers still WHQL certified?

No, if this enhancement is applied, the drivers are no longer WHQL certified.

http://www.evga.com/articles/00463/Default.asp

You need the lastest Nvidia 186.18 drivers and you must also sign up with a new account

arma22009062618090313.jpg

arma22009062618064576.jpg

Edited by nzjono

Notice the difference between the tree shadow here. First picture is with shadows set to "normal" whilst the second picture is shadows set to "High". The slight blur is the rain falling.

arma22009062618072870.jpg

arma22009062618075168.jpg

Only a framerate drop of 2

Forgot to mention Im runnning

Arma 2 at 1920 by 1200 with settings as shown in top image

i7 920 @ 3.67GHz

6 gig Ram

GTX 295

Vista 64

Prior to this patch/mod I was and averaging 24 to 28FPS in game.

Edited by nzjono

Thank christ for that, I thought my twin asus 285 top's arriving next week were going to be a waste of space and time! Good news!

Hi,

I have the GAINWARD GTX-295. Will this EVGA-Fix work for me, too???

Jeez what a chore to sign up there , they want phone numbers and shoe size. still waiting for email so i can activate accnt

Does it fix the stupid fps limit, where no matter what graphics settings you have, it never goes above 30?

Does it fix the stupid fps limit, where no matter what graphics settings you have, it never goes above 30?

YES! thats what i was waiting for too. New in game framerate cap is 60.

Hi,

I have the GAINWARD GTX-295. Will this EVGA-Fix work for me, too???

Yes you can use it with any SLI card or dual GPU card. Brand doesnt matter.

Jeez what a chore to sign up there , they want phone numbers and shoe size. still waiting for email so i can activate accnt

yeah signup at EVGA is a bit of a pain...dont tell them but I lied about my phone number, I just gave them yours :eek:

Just tested it, It definetly improved the game. However, i still wont go much higher than 34 or so fps. And its the same problem where its 34 no matter settings -.-

And it stutters like crazy on max whenever i turn around. Unplayable.

Just tested it, It definetly improved the game. However, i still wont go much higher than 34 or so fps. And its the same problem where its 34 no matter settings -.-

And it stutters like crazy on max whenever i turn around. Unplayable.

check

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1330112&postcount=8

Discovered that the fps only seems limited when units are placed. On empty Chernarus, my fps goes from anything between 30 - 60 on all very high and 150%. There is also no stuttering. But when i start placing down units - BAM! Very rarely hits 40 after that, and it settles in the mid 30s, and starts to do the stuttering.

whats your CPU / OS ?

EVGA sli enhancement seems to do the same thing as renaming arma2.exe to crysis.exe. SLI works and you get some white flickering.

I also noticed that I never get more than 30 FPS in campaign mode, yet in boot camp and scenarios I get anything from 20 to 80 FPS. Haven't tried multiplayer yet.

i7 920 at 2.67 stock speed. Vista Home Premium 64bit, SP2. 295GTX.

I think its fixed. I put in the maxmem line, and restarted. Now my fps actually changes when i change settings! :D 35 - 45 fps with everything very high, besides terrain and object, which is on high with 133%. Stuttering is gone too, besides in the start of a mission (just need to turn 360 degrees once, then its gone). Man, i get higher fps than this on Crysis maxed. Beast of a game. I would have thought a PC like this could perform better, but i guess i was wrong. It also seems to vary A LOT from mission to mission, what kind of performance you get, and it dosnt really seem to be related to mission size.

One mission gives me 45 - 50 fps, another which uses about the same amount of units ends up in the 30s. Odd. But that could be fixed with some optimization patches i hope.

Edited by Apocca

What is the maxmem line?

I have same setup with 6GB RAM.

You should OC your i7 920.

It will run 3.2GHz with only changing your BCLK to 160.

Everything else on auto.

What is the maxmem line?

I have same setup with 6GB RAM.

You should OC your i7 920.

It will run 3.2GHz with only changing your BCLK to 160.

Everything else on auto.

-maxmem=2047

Also, the i7 at stock speed never hits 100% usage on any of the cores at all, so i cant see what difference it would make. Max is around 80% during large missions. Besides, i have no idea where the BCLK setting is located in the bios lol, and my cpu is already running above 55c under heavy load.

And now that the game uses sli, my PC has started making a LOT of noise. Sounds like a frikkin' jet engine when i start up Arma2 now. GPU also hits around the 88c mark now, while before the fix it hit maybe 82.

One mission gives me 45 - 50 fps, another which uses about the same amount of units ends up in the 30s. Odd. But that could be fixed with some optimization patches i hope.

What max FPS do you get in Harvest Red and Razor Two missions of the campaign?

Its nice to see this patch but I have to say around 50 fps with a i7 and GTX295 is pretty bad for those settings with 0 AA enabled (going by screenshot).

That is pretty much the fastest graphics card you can get and only managing that fps is hmm not looking good for anything less!

The biggest problem I have with the demo so far is that anything lower than "very high" looks very very blury and ugly... yet still runs rather slow.

Yapa

What max FPS do you get in Harvest Red and Razor Two missions of the campaign?

20 average fps on Harvest Red, city kills me. Changing settings dosnt have much of an effect in towns either, only noticeable in the wild. Havnt done Razor Two yet.

To be honest, if you want "safe" performance in ALL situations of the game with even the most hardcore PC, you would need to go normal settings.

Thanks for the help, how do I enter the maxmem mod?

Be careful. I don't know what I am doing.

Will this improve the game much?

In a shortcut to Arma2.exe, in the "Target" line, add -maxmem=2047 at the end of it. Should look something like "C:\Games\Armed Assault 2\arma2.exe" -maxmem=2047

Dont expect much difference though unless you have more than 3 gb ram.

Doe arma2 use less memory?

Does this instruct arma2 to use more?

Is the performabce gain much?

I have 6GB so should be okay.

Tested performance with a friend who has same cpu, same ram, but a 9800GT instead of a 295GTX. At exact same settings (mostly normal), he gets 40+ when looking into Chernogorsk from the same position as me, while i get 35. Fascinating.

Either Nvidia ripped us off, or there are still serious issues to be solved.

i'm getting massive fps improvments with that evga patch (and i'm using a different brand)

vsync is still off - use the -maxmem=2047 and i'm hitting 90-100 in the towns...

This fix has made all the models and textures look less 'blocky'