Sign in to follow this  
Big Dawg KS

Double-Click not working

1. I loaded Arma II without the TrackIR running.

2. I opened the Editor and the double clicking WORKED.

3. I exited the Editor and shut down Arma II.

4. I then started the TrackIR and loaded Arma II.

5. I went into the Editor and the double clicking WORKED with TrackIR running.

Now I am totally confused.

Try running it with TrackIR a few more times (maybe do a few system reboots), then try it without TrackIR running a few times.

yeah, its not a consistent issue. I can run ArmA with TrackIR running and not have the issue. There is another factor involved.

But do you ever get the issue without TrackIR running? Only then can we confirm it's unrelated to TrackIR.

Up to this point I've had it running all the time so I can not say.

I also have TrackIR5 and when I changed Gcard I got the editor double click problem.

I tried several things:re-setting machine, changing video drivers including older ones.

Then it started working again. I don't know what fixed it but for me it seemed to have been related to the gcard drivers. :h:

Found this thread via search.

This occurs for me too (on occasion). Full version (not demo). My control profile has not been changed because I recently did a system re-install, so there's no way this is a button config problem. No matter how quickly/slowly I click (or what mouse click speed I set in XP) the cursor in the editor changes to a selector... it becomes a drag-and-make-a-box green cursor. This means I cannot place a unit in the editor. It also means I cannot place markers on a map in multiplayer.

This is a very occasional problem, but it seems "streaky." I haven't been able to place a marker for ten minutes, for instance, although I did successfully double click once and placed a unit in the editor.

I also have TrackIR. I suspected background applications too, so I killed TrackIR and FRAPS. It made no difference. Very weird problem.

EDIT: This is intermittent. The problem disappeared after a reboot, but it comes back at random intervals (sometimes will even occur, then disappear for ten seconds or so, only to return for another ten minutes). I've noticed this problem for a couple of months (Arma2 version currently at 1.04, but I noticed it in previous versions as well, and currently in XP but I think I recall seeing it in Vista also)

Edited by 1longtime

Having this problem myself now. Appeared out of nowhere too. Was working fine and has been driving me mad.

I haven't run any updates. All I did was install Wolf 2. I am suspecting it's the punkBuster background processes that runn all of the time.

Found this thread through the search function.

I am having pretty much the same issue with the game not registering double clicks unless the clicks are a millisecond after one another. Tried updating my G9 mouse drivers, rebooting the PC, running ArmA 2 with no mods or anything else loaded with patch 1.04 or the new beta patch. I can't remember the long string of numbers which version that was.

I am currently running Windows XP Home Edition and my hardware is as follows:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955, 3.2GHz

Motherboard: Asus M4A785TD-V EVO, AM3, 785G

Memory: 4 GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800, 1600MHz

Graphics Card: HIS HD 4890 Turbo 1GB

And as stated already I am using a Logitech G9 laser mouse with the latest setpoint drivers.

If anymore information is needed just ask.

Thank you.

Found this thread through the search function.

I am having pretty much the same issue with the game not registering double clicks unless the clicks are a millisecond after one another. Tried updating my G9 mouse drivers, rebooting the PC, running ArmA 2 with no mods or anything else loaded with patch 1.04 or the new beta patch. I can't remember the long string of numbers which version that was.

I am currently running Windows XP Home Edition and my hardware is as follows:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955, 3.2GHz

Motherboard: Asus M4A785TD-V EVO, AM3, 785G

Memory: 4 GB (2x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800, 1600MHz

Graphics Card: HIS HD 4890 Turbo 1GB

And as stated already I am using a Logitech G9 laser mouse with the latest setpoint drivers.

If anymore information is needed just ask.

Thank you.

Are you using TrackIR?

is the IR still plugged in? it seems to be a Input conflict, maybe try a different port?

Also if you widows update on auto, you can get some wacky stuff with out you knowing? well if you have all updates on.

Edited by kklownboy

I have had this problem for a while... I only noticed the super sensitive mouse side effect till today when my double-click failed to work in the editor... this led me here...

I too use Track IR 5, but it wasn't running when I noticed the problem come back... but I did notice the Camera's IR LED's were on despite the software being off. So I tried restarting and closing the software but no fixy. Finally I checked the task manager and found two instances of TIR5 running in the background despite the software being off.

after killing the two bugged TrackIR5.exe instances, I reloaded ArmA II and the problem was fixed... for the first time not requiring a reboot (and this explains why rebooting helped)

So I believe the problem is linked to to extra instances of TIR running in the background when you launch ArmA.

so... to avoid this problem (I think... as of now) make sure you don't have any failed shutdowns of TrackIR running in the background before you launch ArmA... it doesn't matter if TIR is on or off... as long as it's running properly. This precaution has fixed the issue for me.

Cheers.

@Uncle Reiben: Thanks for this solution! I had one bugged instance of TrackIR5 runnin'. I killed it and now all works fine! THX :)

Hmmm Ok I've been having this issue a lot at the minute.. yes I have TrackIr.. i'll look in this direction. Thanks.

Its very annoying. Running latest CO version patch 1.57 (not steam) and TrackIr Version 5.1 beta 02.

Edited by MadTommy

I cannot believe this is still not patched or fixed this has happened to me for the second time today while editing my mission in multiplayer mode, I didn't change any settings or do anything different than usual and the first time it happened it fixed itself so i have no idea what to do now.