Sign in to follow this  
SaOk

SP Missions by SaOk

Hi Saok,

Now playing "Fly like an Eagle" and on the second mission, at Southern Camp, the Spec Ops won't board the chopper, although it is saying they are.

Not sure what to do. Cannot continue unless they board up.

Cheers

Hello, could be a new bug, restart may help. I should download the mod again and take a look too. There is also some other issues that I could fix now (e.g. the silent radio while in chopper).

I tried The Battle of Zargabad BAF recently but the Merlin refuses to land.

Any ideas why?

Do you use any addons? It was bugged for someone else too when he had some AI addon for flying skills.

Yes I did but when I removed them it did change much.

It took an hour and 15 attempts (without addons) for the helicopter to land properly.

Most of the time it either stalled after many tight turns and crashed or it it was stuck, hovering at about 50m from the ground.

I have never encountered this problem before on any other missions.

Maybe it is something introduced by the latest beta patches...

Have you tried it recently?

The chopper should fly recorded path until player´s team get out. I will check that mission with the latest beta if thats a new bug.

Edit: Tested with 99806 (addons JSRS,Blastcore, CBA) and chopper works normally for me.

Edited by SaOk

Thanks for checking and so quickly soon but the news isn't good.

I tried exactly the same mod combo as you (CB+JSRS+WarFX-BC) and only achieved 1 landing out of 5.

The other 80% either resulted in crashes or hovering.

Too bad :(

@domokun

If your chopper is hovering maybe try this, give your men order to get out of chopper(4-1). Chopper should land and all men from your team will get out from helicopter.

By any chance are you planning on revisiting Russian Invasion? I would suggest maybe tying it in with black forest, or even creating a campaign?

Maybe, I will see. Or I may do something new with similar concept. Russian Invasion was a light version of my old Blue Invasion mission for ArmA1 that I didnt finish too. But I like to do something similar again someday.

Where to find that CAA1 MOD? The file from the link missing...

I know the thread is quite dated but I've tried playing "Battle for Zargabad" for the first time and the helicopter just hangs randomly instead of landing at the airfield? Its happened twice and stopped in different places.

Do you have any mods installed, the scripted flight path stops working with certain mods that make AI pilots avoid ground better. That part have been working for me with latest game versions (except few last betas I havent tested).

Edited by SaOk

No, I played it with no mods enabled at all and no beta running either, just the latest game version.

Looks like a great mission as well, the cutscenes are done really well. Hope you can fix it! :D

No, I played it with no mods enabled at all and no beta running either, just the latest game version.

Looks like a great mission as well, the cutscenes are done really well. Hope you can fix it! :D

Thanks for confirming this.

It's sad but I experienced the same problem several months ago.

If I saved a game without ACE2 can I revert to it after enabling ACE2?

Balota Highway is the mission.

That should be possible, but not 100% sure.

Balota highway is a nice but harder mission, Saok.

Only if you included a sapper or engineer with the squad so i can repair the BMP which i disabled and killed its crew. Its gun is working but the engine is gone.

I need it to finish this bloody mission ha