Sign in to follow this  
SaOk

SP Missions by SaOk

Thanks nettrucker :), I will see how the roles build up. I hope the campaign missions will become better with next weeks of tweaking. Its easier to create SP mission since you can focus fully on one mission. Now I have needed to try to work evenly with each of the campaign mission so the project wont take years. The upcoming release will come with a full story, but I could add even more mission in future with new separate adventures in the setting.

I tried Black Forest again, and I finally finished it! Had no Problems, everything went fine. Some suggestions:

Make some dialogue when the player finds the mass graves at guglovo. Something like the enemys camp is nearby, lets get them..

I captured the enemy camp norteast of the BMP roadblock (Hell of a firefight, but had no losses.) After that I blew up the military antenna. I would have been good if this had some effect on the mission (or did I miss it?)

There could have been more enemy Soldiers during the final attack. The only real Problem was that Tank, he took 10 RPG Rounds before the crew was dead.

That military antenna have a small effect. If you destroy it before enemy detects you in nearby camp, then they wont get reinforcements (a truck with some infantry if I remember correctly).

I could try to add a difficulty level selection to that mission too. Its not hard to make. It would allow some more challenge without some other getting stucked.

Adding more dialogue could be harder, but lets see :)

But I continue tweaking the campaign. Its now available for beta-testing if you want to try it before voice-acting is made. The campaign is fully playable. I will just mostly continue improving the dialog, briefings and cutscenes. You can find the ofpec beta thread from my signature. Do not yet mirror it since I probably will release much updates in upcoming weeks. I try to tweak it for "official" release in month, then add voice-acting in summer if all goes good.

SaOk thank you, yes I have a addon, something like "avoide colition in helis" So is that addon, nice work

Just to let you know that we played this mission last night and it was great fun. I think that part of that was due to the varied nature of the objectives (defend, rescue hostages, secure, etc.). However it did seem to go on for ever (8 objectives?), resulting in a 2-hour mission! Just 2 recommendations:

1) Players should be able to skip the intro

2) Could admins have a small menu in which they could set a few basic mission parameters, e.g. number of objectives, grass, time of day, etc.

PS We really liked the custom voice overs

Thanks :), I could add more parameters. You can currently already change time of day and revive system, but I will add those other things too.

No/ Thank YOU! You might also want to consider changing the title of this thread because your efforts go way beyond a simple SP mission; IIRC you now have several COOP missions. BTW if ever you need a Brit for voice overs, I'd be more than happy to help.

Thanks for volunteering, my current campaign project have a small british role, but there is still much to tweak/rewrite. I may contact you in summer if you happen to be still interested to do some voice-acting then. :)

Great. I look forward to it. If you need a script writer (dialogue, not code), then I can help there too.

Hi all, hi SaOk,

really outstanding work!!

When I started to play Arma2 I was amazed by its complexity, then annoyed by its bugginess in the SP campaign, worked my way around that, and after that, I was amazed again, thanks to your mission design.

The editor has LOADS of potential, reminds me of Battlefield DC Mods and HL2 Mods but massively overhauled... And I really liked these.

I especially like the athmosphere in the camps with well-picked sixties/seventies songs... Would like to sit down at the fire and have a beer with the mates, if there wasn´t some work left to do ;)

Very, very nice work!

To come back to the point;

I recently tried to recapture the NAPA HQ, but I apparently did not find the spot to trigger the story to go on. I took out the AA-Vehicle, as well as the vehicle behind the fortifications, took out all (?) infanterists and moved to the task point / house on the map, but nothing will happen.

Did I miss sth.?

Thanks for suggestions,

Regards, Confu

you need to clear half of the village (about 500m radius from Shilka). The enemies should mostly come to you, but there could be one manning a light mg vehicle other side of the middle road. Also check nearby hill with tents and a fortification near BTR90.

The Battle Of Zargabad Rated 9/10 in

The best SP mission ever created in Arma community since 2002, congratulations bro!

Cheers.

Thank you. :)

Great mission but there seems to be a bug in the intro if you use the Beta versions. The soldier going up the tower actually turns around and runs out of the door while the camera is moving upstairs.

It happens since quite some time.

And as everybody else has said, really great mission, in SP and MP.

Thanks :). I also noticed that new bug while playing the mission for a long time on last week. I will probably wait for the next official patch and see how it works there. Then try to fix it if needed. An annoying bug, AI can always suprise. ;)

I also had a beta related AI bug in campaign (2th mission intro). It will be fixed in new campaign version too.

I have tried this map in MP and if someone doesn't choose the team leader it doesn't work. You directly start at the airport without an intro (which would be great in MP) but at the same time nobody attacks.

Can anybody confirm this?

That could be possible. I am using triggers connected to leader. Those might not work if the group leader is disabled, but should work normally if he is killed during mission (when, I think, the triggers should automatically work for a new group leader).

That could be hard to fix, but I keep my eyes open. ;)

I wanted to play Black Forest again but noticed that the BIS First Aid Module can´t be enabled. Even if you enable it at the start of the mission people still simply fall dead after two hits instead of going into the "rolling on the floor" state

Hotfix?

I will check that after finishing more the current Zub mission. I plan to add both Zub and Black Forest (as improved version; new ambient scripts + new intro and outro) to the Chasing Grim Reaper campaign.

Tested Zub and it felt good! Just the animal module is randomly + annoying unrealistic. Spawning enemy teams/groups is sometimes too close, for example after the start were the player could use this motorcycle from one of the friendly teams. Btw what about placing another useable truck or technicals (low on fuel + ammo) in the NAPA HQ? Would be good to know if those radio towers should be destroyed or if some of them can be used to listen to radio comms.

Thanks :), I will tweak the animal spawning more (I dont use any modules except functions + virtual artillery). The enemies spawing for motorcycle event is task connected. I check that too, also add some vehicles to the HQ´s and check again whats wrong with empty cars that should spawn in villages. Currently I am tweaking MP version that almost works fully. There is just some weird extra lag that I need to tweak away.

Frogtop sent me a special version of the "The Battle of Zargabad"-mission which requires addons - British 3 Rifle Infantry MTP, CBA and all UKF weapon packs. See the first post for download link. Let me know if there is any issues. Didnt yet test the conversion myself.