Sign in to follow this  
SaOk

SP Missions by SaOk

Battle of Zargabad, last objective, I've been told its complete and that we're returning to the city to hunt more enemies but the objective remains unticked and nothing happens, apart from that bug great mission.

Thanks. :)

The last objective should be completed after hunting those remaining enemies in Zargabad. There is a marker system helping the player to find them, but I agree there chould be a separate objective for that. I´ll add it, check all the triggers and add also a new debriefing text (the current one is from old chernarus mission - sorry). I also need to rewrite much of the dialog.

When I tried Zargabad I had words cut off at the bottom in the cut scenes, probably a difference in resolution/aspect ratio, also my player had an american accent instead of the expected English one (team mates use the BAF voices) Didnt finish it but its looking very good so far!

Im going to restart it again later without any mods whatsoever just incase.

Edited by ToddRivers

You are probably right since resolution/aspect ratio also affected on my custom difficult selection dialog in "Black Forest". I didnt realise until now that also the dynamic text is behaving in the same way. I correct it to next version. I am also searching for the right british radio speaker setting. I tried guessing it with "Male02GB","Male02BR","Male02BRI" but any of those didnt work.

Perhaps it's Male02BAF? I bet it involves BAF somewhere. :p

Perhaps it's Male02BAF? I bet it involves BAF somewhere. :p

A great suggestion. It ended up being "Male02_BAF". :)

There really is a bad bug in last objective. The mission will not end. Big sorry for that. Its fixed and whole objective made better in next version, but it could still take time to be released because there is voice-acting coming.

Good stuff. I also noticed that occasionally the ammo truck marker gets "stuck" so you park it somewhere and place a minefield, but when you move it on the ammo truck radius stays in the previous position.

*edit* ok found it, never mind^^

I like the start, i thought i wouldn't recieve NVGs and mentally prepared for it and night-warfare behaviour - no light, only slow driving. then i arrived at the outpost and got welcomed by a searchlight and music ... eeek ^^" so much for not giving away position

Edited by Fennek

I ended up adding the few searchlights because russians have NVGs, but CDF is meant to have only very few which would leave them even easier targets without searchlights. And when you need to use lights then why not to listen some music too while waiting for superior enemy. ;)

But I could update the "Black Forest"-mission even more some day with maybe some OA-features and new gameplay options. There could be some guns with spotlights instead of NVGs if wanted. If played with ACE2 mod, then you can already find a flare gun in one of the crates in middle camp.

Even with NVGs you don't see that far. A searchlight is like a star in the middle of the wood for these ^^ but ok for AI it doesn't really matter anyway i think.

Not sure if flashlights are so helpfull in woodland terrain as they are pretty shortranged.

I think a scenario where both factions only have low-tech stuff would be pretty interesting.

Finished your Black Forest mission, it was very nice. Especially defending the outpost on the hill. Very intense battle, with enemies from all sides. Only 3 men in total survived on CDF side ^^

New version 1.2 of "Balota Highway" is released. Mission requires now Combined Operations and BAF DLC, but I kept the orginal ArmA2 version as backup under the new download link.

Changel Log:

1.2:

-New long intro

-New Battleshouting (voices by SavedByGrace, Bardosy & Poacher)

-Added MedicPack-system

-Added British units

-New custom gameplay elements

-Added Loadingscreen (pic by unknown author)

-Much other fixes/tweaks

Thanks for all feedback here.

Btw. Next version for "The Battle Of Zargabad" is delayed until my friend gets his computer working. It could take even few months, but I also have time to improve the mission in other areas.

Edited by SaOk

A new version 1.4 for "Balota Highway" is here. There was some unneeded flaws in 1.2 which are now corrected. Also many new features and proper long outro are added. See full change log and download link at first post.

Edited by SaOk

A new version 1.0 of "The Battle of Zargabad" is finally here with massive changes including full voice-acting. Thanks to voice-actors! See first post for download links.

Change Log:

1.0:

-Added full voice acting including combat voices & ambient radio (by Bardosy, Dale0404, Poacher & SavedByGrace)

-Language corrections (by SavedByGrace)

-Last task fixed/made better

-Better reinforcement system

-New optional auto-rearm zone near Ammotruck (could be usefull for ACE2 users)

-More randomness

-More custom scenery

-New cutscene

-Credits added

-Ammotruck marker should work better now

-Better animations for medic pack system/minefield builders

-Added new OA advanced hints

-Many other tweaks/fixes

Edited by SaOk

Iv'e praised your missions in the past, and here i am doing it again.

Completed both of the newly updated missions, great work, also really nice touch with the chosen music in the outros etc.

Also liked the apache support in the last fight in balota highway, made things easier. So many other good things too, that i cant remember now :)

Hope you'll make more big scale missions, with lots of units and air support etc!

Thank you :), Ive been a big fan of Grizzly Bear (band) from summer and ended up to include some of their music to "Balota Highway".

I will definitely try to make more big scale missions. I have worked much on methods to keep fps good in big dynamic missions. Air support is a nice and showy way to clean enemies from far that would require less fun hunting for player.

I will still update both missions. "The Battle of Zargabad" is closer to finished. For "Balota Highway", I could still add some sidetasks and rework few things. Also improve dialog before trying to find voice-actors.

Few of the best videos of that Grizzly Bear, you cant find bad songs from them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42K4ZXZOivI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bGEv0YvWHE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKqNCqox6M8

Edited by SaOk

Thank you :), Ive been a big fan of Grizzly Bear (band) from summer and ended up to include some of their music to "Balota Highway".

I will definitely try to make more big scale missions. I have worked much on methods to keep fps good in big dynamic missions. Air support is a nice and showy way to clean enemies from far that would require less fun hunting for player.

I will still update both missions. "The Battle of Zargabad" is closer to finished. For "Balota Highway", I could still add some sidetasks and rework few things. Also improve dialog before trying to find voice-actors.

Few of the best videos of that Grizzly Bear, you cant find bad songs from them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42K4ZXZOivI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bGEv0YvWHE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKqNCqox6M8

Havent heard that band before.

I honestly thought that it was some band from 60's or 70's, it sounded just like from that woodstock hippie era, like jimi hendrix and beatles etc.

They kind of have that samekind of sound to them.

Fits perfectly in the outro though, maybe co's those kinds of songs were used in the hollywood vietnam war movies etc. :)

Edited by subtee

They indeed play in very old great way with real instruments that are all easy to hear. Each song is full of different details, experimental structures and there is no clear genre (still more folk than rock). They just go from mood to next with e.g. heavy use of harmonic singing, amazing partly even jazzy drumming and big variety of different instruments.

They seem to have at least two very talented and different song creators Daniel Rossen and Ed Droste who both created a solo album before even playing public in any band. Then they teamed up with multi-instrumentalists Christopher Taylor and Christopher Bear and created "Yellow House" which is definitely one of the best albums I´ve ever heard. Quite chaotic album at start, but the more I hear it, the better it is. Their second album "Veckatimest" have bigger singles, but overally I like more the first one. I cant wait their next albums, those could bring more real gems.

They indeed play in very old great way with real instruments that are all easy to hear. Each song is full of different details, experimental structures and there is no clear genre (still more folk than rock). They just go from mood to next with e.g. heavy use of harmonic singing, amazing partly even jazzy drumming and big variety of different instruments.

They seem to have at least two very talented and different song creators Daniel Rossen and Ed Droste who both created a solo album before even playing public in any band. Then they teamed up with multi-instrumentalists Christopher Taylor and Christopher Bear and created "Yellow House" which is definitely one of the best albums I´ve ever heard. Quite chaotic album at start, but the more I hear it, the better it is. Their second album "Veckatimest" have bigger singles, but overally I like more the first one. I cant wait their next albums, those could bring more real gems.

Ok, thanks for the lesson!

Yep, theyr definetly on to something :)

I guess i need to check that "Yellow House" -album co's iv'e been listening that "While You Wait for the Others" song you linked on youtube now few times on repeat:)

EDIT: Whoa, just found out that they are signed to Warp, wich is a pretty decent record label!

More on some electronic tip imho... so definetly need to check and listen to those two albums.

Edited by subtee

That "While You Wait for the Others" was the song that I also heard first from the band and made me to learn more of them. Daniel Rossen who probably made that song, have also other (two men) band - Department of Eagles with many excelent tracks from early half-joke demo works to more current Grizzly Bear like.

Edited by SaOk

Hi SaOk

just saw you scored a 9 out of ten on OFPEC which is a great achievement. OFPEC reviews are tough but fair you know that.

keep up the good work.

kind regards

New version 1.1 of "The Battle Of Zargabad"-mission is here. I fixed some few remaining bugs and added content from PMC DLC. Mission may work without those DLC:s but not sure. See the first post for change log and download link.

I played "The Battle Of Zargabad". Really, really good work! Its rare to see some kind of missions over here... You put a lot of work to make it, its clear... Im goona try all of your missions... and i'll bee looking for them in the future... Thanks...

One thing... How you makking those beautiful photos, like that in overview, with BAF soldier? And if you can to explain to me, how to put that on loadout?

Edited by bboy