Sign in to follow this  
SaOk

SP Missions by SaOk

New hotfix 1.3 is ready for Black Forest. ACM didnt work at all if you chose disabled air patrols. I also changed the convoy route. Its working good now with some other new details and tweaks. Hopefully this is the last update for this ;)

Having fun with the NAPA optional objectives right now. This mission is a blast, but man, can it be harsh.

Trying to snipe trucks protected by a BMP-3 using a UAZ, or sneaking up on a Tunguska with an RPG-7, or engaging Russians at long range using AK-74s, you're consistently outclassed. Thank god for that ammo cache in Stary Sobor.

I really like your Mission, but from the point where I blow up the Russian Artillery the Wounding System is just f.... up. My Men are getting filled with bullets, but don´t take instant damage because off that. But then after 10 seconds or so they fall over wounded or dead. Medics also don´t work anymore. I really have no Idea whats wrong with that, I just know that it only happens in your Mission. Any Ideas?

That sounds strange. The artillery task shouldnt have any effect on players group. I´ll try to see if I found something which could cause that in my scripts, but that havent happened to me yet.

I tried your mission a montha ago, and had the same problems, Then I ignored them but couldn´t finish the mission because I got "stuck" in the sleping movie. I fear that this will happen again.

Your Mission also behaves quite funny after reloading.

I´m betatesting ACE2 and after reloading suddenly most of the ACE Features like Weapon resting and so on are disabled. When i Quit the Mission and start another one, they work fine again. It coukld be that something is wrong with reloading in your Mission. I´ll have to test if the Problems with the Wounding system really come up after blowing the Arty, or aftzer blowing and saving/reloading after that.

It would be nice if destroying the Grads prevented artillery from falling on the lookout tower position.

It would be nice if destroying the Grads prevented artillery from falling on the lookout tower position.

Destroying Grads are currently preventing the other artillery strike on the west outpost with bigger dispersion. The strike to tower is meant to force player back to the west outpost. But I may change it someway in future.

Destroying Grads are currently preventing the other artillery strike on the west outpost with bigger dispersion. The strike to tower is meant to force player back to the west outpost. But I may change it someway in future.

I died from an artillery strike on the west outpost after destroying the Grads, but come to think of it it may have been a result of the glitchy support targetting system where you click on the map and the crosshair jumps half a click away.

I am also testing the "black forest" now with ACE2 Beta. Not encountered yet the first aid problem, but one cutscene showed as black screen. I´ll try to make the mission fully compatible with the great mod and probably add even more features and other stuff.

I do like your missions but I ALWAYS seem to have script firing problems with them. In this case I've cleared out the whole of Starky Sobor and called in NAPA, but the "Take the HQ/City" objective just won't complete.

In Stary Sobor there is a enemy soldier in one of the fortresses. He is usually there until player finds him. All other enemies in the town should move so much that they cannot hide long. There is small change that someone could hide in tents at the hill (marked as barracks).

I am currently trying to find what is causing the weird oscilateing performance drop sometimes. It usually comes during NAPA objectives or its connected to saving&loading. It could also be the ACM or civilian ambient module. I am deleting much soldiers and animals from places to where player no more enters, but the lag can still be there. E.G. at breakfast there isnt almost anyone (including dead bodies) outside the forest, but that dosent have much impact on performance if its already bad when returning to sleep.

Urgh now I have the same problem for Kaminsky, killed everyone, been running around for half an hour going in all the buildings, trigger won't fire.

Kaminsky is a hidden objective. You need to destroy artillery-trucks to complete it. No need to clear the area in other way.

I must seem like an idiot here................... so nowwww I'm at the West Outpost they tell me food will arrive any second and errr it doesen't. Nothing happens, no further objective, no breakfast, the only hint I've got is they've told me to sit down, but none of the benches are entities I can sit upon.

After about 1-3min waiting at the hill, a russian recon plane should show up to start the next objective event. Soldiers at hill, dialog and the recon plane are all made with the same fsm script, but there is a small change that the script is stopped if the recon plane is alive but stucked somewhere. To next version, I´ll update the condition to spawn a replacement also if the plane is near to the ground.

If you have a savegame before entering the hill, you should be able to avoid the rare bug.

Hmmmmmmmmm no I've gone right back to starting from the beginning twice and nothing happens even after 20 mins at the hill.

Thats very strange. I havent had problems with that before. I am going to test that part again with ACE2 and latest beta. Also without ACE2. Something isnt working anymore like before.

Right finally finished it after one or two restarts. Great mission, HOWEVER. Fly like an Eagle? I go through the camp with the special forces and they just all wait by the exit gate and nothing happens, if I go up to the prisoners they just say they will only tell me name rank and serial number.

POW will be released by one of the two AI teams. I guess that the right one havent yet completed their waypoint to launch that event. You need to just wait. The teams could be quite slow and even slower with the new beta AI´s. But there is also a small chance that AI group stucks. I tried to prevent that by removing all pistols from SF soldiers and putting objects near bridge and the castle ruin to places where they seemed to stuck easily. I should do new test rounds now again, because the mod and the game have changed much after releasing the mission.

Yea, got it, the West Team was stuck by the Bridge to the West, I errr "fixed" the problem by shooting the leader in the head. That got them going again, two great missions mate, I guess I'm just unlucky with your scripts.

New version 2.00 of Black Forest is released with massive changes (including voice-acting). See the first post for more info and download link.

Edited by SaOk

New version 2.00 of Black Forest is released with massive changes (including voice-acting). See the first post for more info and download link.

Just been playing that, I downloaded it from Armaholic last night! I got as far as going to attack the convoy but a russian patrol wiped me out. Seems better than the previous versions (which were still good), only things that kind of bugged me was that I dont think the CDF would be talking in American accents, but regardless its still a good effort you've made! And I dont think the CDF would have that radio booming out quite as loud but its still a nice touch, especially the Led Zep :D

Thanks. The biggest changes in mission can be seen after the convoy task. There is much new extra details and even one very small hidden task.

It was very hard to find an east-european voice actor which would have also recorded over 100 lines with good quality. I even tried to record few samples with my finnish voice (which is also a wrong accent) but I cant voice-act at all. SavedByGrace actually even tried to learn the east-european accent but it was just too big challenge in the short time. Finally I asked him just to speak with normal voice which I think is very great even in this mission if you dont pay too much attention to the accent. :)

I agree that radio is still little too loud. I probably lower it more if I release will a new version someday again.