Sign in to follow this  
SaOk

SP Missions by SaOk

Is it as choppy all the time? Mission is using unit spawning to reduce unnecessary use of CPU and I dont use heavy civilian or animal modules. But it still have much units in battle at the same time which requires much CPU power. It runs smooth on my computer (Q6600 @ 3,4Ghz, 4Gig ram, HD4980 and Vista 64bit), but I will try to make the mission less demanding. I think there is still some idle troops just eating the performance which could be spawned later and I could lower the squad sizes little and substitute it with better skills (and maybe tactics).

It was choppy for about the first 5 minutes or so. I sort of gave up on it at that point as it was on the verge of being unplayable with my set up. It would be really cool if you could downscale the mission a bit as I was really looking forward to playing it as it looks very promising.

I will have the update ready for mission in few days. ;)

I uploaded 0.91 version of "Counterattack to Polana". this new version should be less CPU demanding. There is little less units overall but some of the enemy groups is spawned now when enemycount is dropped as much as the spawngroup have members. I also increased enemy skills and tweaked some waypoints.

Edited by SaOk

"Fly Like an Eagle"-mission is now available for ArmA2. See the first post. :)

Nice! Great to see some missions using CAA/OAC addons.

I remember Fly like an Eagle, that was a great mission!

I'll have to remember to download this when i get back from Belgium next week!

definetly want to try the fly like an eagle -conversion, as i really liked the original arma 1 mission , but the addon download page i pretty unclear what and how i should dload.

could the needed addons be 7zipped or rared and uploaded somewhere for easier download to us technically handicapped :)

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/cbp-caa1/Yoma_Addon_Sync_Server

Yoma Addon Sync server is the easiest way. You only need to download it (small file), extract, open exe, allow it to go internet and follow few simple steps (program even found my arma2 automatically). Finally it detects what files are missing and then you just mark the files you want to download and it installs them directly to arma2 mod folder called "x". Hardest part really is to add -mod=x\caa1;x\oac\oac_core to arma2 shortcut because it looks bigger than normal mod folders that I use.

Other way is to download files yourself from the HTTP server but you need to browse more, exract and move them to addons folder manually:

http://dev-heaven.net/wiki/cbp-caa1/HTTP_download

There is also an installer now available (1.9 GB).

Available via HTTP or as torrent. Official news later today. :)

New "Black Forest"-mission is released.

"Black Forest"-mission is updated to version 0.92. With other fixes there is a new optional objective featuring NAPA.

I loved the concept behind Black Forest and had a blast playing it. Coffee? lol

Driving around in the fog, defending the trenches and ambushing the convoy, it was all well done.

The (I think) final battle was pretty complex, but unfortunately the vague instructions gave me no hint as to what I was supposed to do to end the mission. So I'm still stuck on a largely empty battlefield.

After defending the west outpost, you need to hold the middle camp. A quite large area needs to be secured around the camp to complete it. With high command you can see the enemy contacts, but I agree that the last task isnt currently very good. I will improve it in next version and hopefully add much other features and also improve the dialogs/objective descriptions and other things to make the objectives more clear.

Really enjoying the Black Forest mission!

Was the convoy supposed to come all at once though?each vehicle came alone & were about a mile apart, and only appeared after the one before was destroyed. Also the last truck got stuck in the forest at the S bends seen as it followed a different route, so I had to go looking for it. I took the UAZ's from the middle outpost & parked up on the slope overlooking the road just outside Novy Sobor, then took out the vehicles with the mounted AT gun :cool:

Im not sure what to do with the NAPA sec op though, Ive saved the game just overlooking Stary Sobor, but am I supposed to wait till daylight before attacking seen as the NAPA guy mentioned they wouldnt be able to attack in the dark?seen as its only just gone midnight by the game clock, Ive a long wait if thats the case! I had one go at taking the town myself after seeing that tunguska take a friendly chopper down, but once we got into town my team was killed off pretty quickly!

You can send NAPA squad to Stary Sobor anytime with HOTEL-radiosignal (0-0-8?). The mention was just to hint that they are more vulnerable when fighting outside of the citylights.

The convoy seems to drive very bad sometimes. I will try to give them speedlimit with "forcespeed"-command if that would help.

The part at first line grew so much that I left Orlovets out. I will probably create another mission to feature that village or extend the "russian invasion".

imo, it should be on a grander scale. 1 problem though is that the left side on the line is horrible undermanned and they always flank us. perhaps pull some from the right and put them in the left. then a bigger defensive line at orvelets with some reinforcements and if that fails an ambush in the forest. idk just pondering.

Good thoughts. I will try to update the "russian invasion" at some point. Longer missions are now much easier to create with FSM-scripts and other stuff I´ve learned.

I would need voiceactor(s) for "Black Forest"-mission if anybody is interested. You could speak english (east-european accent is plus) or czeck (or maybe polish). Rookie actors are welcome but you should be over 20yr. Also you would need to know how to convert WAV voice files to OGG (and LIP files) with BIS tools.

And voiceactor(s) would be almost free in altering the dialog the way they want. I have currently about 70 lines to be voiceacted.

Contact me via PM or here if you are interested.

Version 0.95 of "Black Forest" is here. New difficulty selection affects on ACM generated squads (much on skills [-/+ 0.3] and less on appearance rating [-/+ 10%]). "Hard" is the old difficulty level. There is also 3 half hidden optional targets now that affect on the final enemy assault.

Change Log:

0.95:

-Added difficulty selection

-Added a new optional task that affects on the later objective

-Updated the weapon selection

-Player can call reinforcements now

-Some changes in the last two objectives

-Added a new ending cutscene

-Added more music

-Fixed player artillery support

-Other fixes and tweaks

EDIT: and thanks about the positive comments (and feedback) you have posted! :)

Edited by SaOk