Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

GLT Missilebox (IAWS compatible)

...and another one bites the dust...

AIM-120 AMRAAM

372-aim120.jpg

I was asking myself why do i post so much pics. Well, it's for you all out there so you know i'm not lazy sitting here btu continue work on the pack. Hope you enjoy it so far.

(waiting ... ... lurking ... ... salivating ...)

Keep it flowing mate. Also russian side will receive reworked weaponry. Starting with the Vympel R-77:

372-r77-02.jpg

Nice too see East side gettin attention too :) All looking very good so far keep up :)

Argh...it's a pain....when i started with creating missiles, i was a complete noob in modelling and texturing, learning all from scratch. Wasn't familiar with creating 3D objects, let alone creating textures for them. So i've started somewhere and while working with O2 and GIMP, i've got better and better. But there comes the problem: my first works didn't looked as good as latest.

*sigh*...ok, back to work...here a comparison of the AGM-65, first version (as shown here already) and reworked with actual knowledge. Judge yourself if the effort is worth it.

372-agm65_comparison.jpg

Definately mate :) Looks much much better than the first one! Your skills truly improved in such a short time :eek: i don't see the "problem" you talk about :D

EDIT: btw keep posting these updates, i wonder what else do you have up your sleeves :)

Edited by Uglyboy

Well, here is my WiP AGM-88. Using O2 to make models is like loosing a race before you even start. Having the right tools makes all the difference in the world. I highly recommend learning GMax.

I use 3DS Max 2010 Design, Photoshop CS4 v11, CrazyBump, and about a dozen plugins for each. All those tools allow me to work much faster and get much better results. If I had to use O2 and Gimp, I doubt I would even be able to do what you did above. The tools just aren't designed to give you good results.

4472570315_cb2364d65f.jpg

Edited by IrishDeviant

Update: finished models and added contributions.

372-weapons_family_pic.gif

f.l.t.r:

AIM-132 (courtesy of RKSL-Rock)

AIM-9M (courtesy of RKSL-Rock)

AIM-9x (BIS)

AIM-120 (courtesy of RKSL-Rock)

AIM-54 (Myke)

AIM-7E (Myke)

Vympel R-77 (Myke)

1000P retarded (courtesy of RKSL-Rock)

GBU-12 (courtesy of RKSL-Rock)

GBU-10 (courtesy of RKSL-Rock)

Stormshadow (courtesy of RKSL-Rock)

Alarm (courtesy of RKSL-Rock)

AGM-84L (courtesy of RKSL-Rock)

Ch-29 (BIS)

AGM-65 (Myke)

Brimstone (courtesy of RKSL-Rock)

AGM-114 (BIS)

Stormshadow (courtesy of RKSL-Rock)

Brimstone (courtesy of RKSL-Rock)

Epic win! Wanted these for a long time. Cheers Myke and Rock!

Beautiful, MMA here they come. I can use the s&$t outta these with those scripts. Sweet! Thanks for the news and all the work!

GBU-12 (courtesy of RKSL-Rock)

Before anyone pops up and comments These models are the UK versions of the -10 and -12. Built around the UK 500 and 1000lb General Purpose Bombs and not the MK-8x series of casings. They were originally meant as part of the UK airweapons pack for RKSL Aircraft so if you are into realism dont moan. They are realistic just not on US aircraft. :D

AGM-88 HARM is finished. lol Here are some screenies. Oh, and a huge thank you to Myke for putting in game... As I would rather die a thousand deaths than even contemplate using O2. lol

LoD triangle count:

1 - 2116

2 - 1036

3 - 480

4 - 232

5 - 142

4473163189_44f7c21c9d.jpg

4473163945_0eb97e2548.jpg

4473164817_1ff7297b94.jpg

4474037295_6088223861_m.jpg

4474038069_0a1d856bee_m.jpg

Edited by IrishDeviant

Comrades, today i received a advertising picture from our main weapon manufacturer, Vympel. They prepare to deliver the R-27, the R-73 and the R-77 with the next shipping.

Please note that these are advertising picture and therefo they are extremely polished. They will deliver some more discreet and less shiny painting.

372-east_aa.jpg

West forces received new weapons aswell:

372-aim9x_display.jpg

Edited by [FRL]Myke