Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

GLT Missilebox (IAWS compatible)

possible to have a compatibility with ace or a thing like that ?

Top notch initiative and quite complete pack. With you three working together the result will be outstanding and hopelly transformed into an standard. I would suggest you to add the following:

- AA-2 Atoll (K-13), for any old soviet fighter (Mig 21 era).

- AA-10 Alamo (R-27), now that we already have Su33 (which includes the R-27), Su34 and might be a future Mig29.

- AA-12 Adder (R-77), to provide russian planes with BWR fire and forget capability.

- Optionally AA-9 Amos (R-33) to compete a bit with the AIM54.

- AGM-86 for Gnat's B52.

- AS-4 Kitchen (present in Gnat's Su33 pack too).

Stormshadow, Brimstone and some sort of airbust 540 lb bomb would also be nice to see!

Not sure how you'd go about making an airburst one, might be one for Mandoble... :p

I use Missilebox quite a bit, looking forward to an update. :)

I have not yet received all files from Eble and Gnat will contribute later to this pack as he prefers to complete his planes first. I will try to make this pack as complete as possible although at some point you may have to understand that it doesn't make sense to have a dozen different missiles which only differs in color and name. :D

Arh yes, Snake Eye ..... need that!

Nice initiative Myke.

As you said, once I'm closer to a completed "eastern" pack we can mix, but at the moment I'm heavily into experimenting such that AI will make intelligent bomb drops (which amazing is working well so far).

Plus I have a few planes left to release ;)

Do you think its worth adding the FFAR pods, to be proxies at least?

BTW, Desert Phoenix missile pack was including some other missiles that might be added to this box (I guess you have permission to port all of them):

- Tomahawk

- AGM-86

- Patriot

- SM-2

- Sea Sparrow

- Static Tomahawk Launcher

- R-17 (Scud)

- S-300 (SA-20)

Probably all of them are missing the firing weapons ATM, but might be worth to port the ammo.

@Gnat

as said, fully understand you, mate. I'll probably release the first version with the above content and Eble's contributions as soon it's done. Whenever you're ready, pass me your work and i'll make an update.

@Mandoble

Sea Sparrow == AIM-7 "Sparrow"

The Sea Sparrow was evolved out of the AIM-7 for NAVY. The differ just marginaly.

Also in the Missilebox, the AIM-7 is the Sea Sparrow model from DesertPhoenix.

I will see to include the other Models also at least as configured Ammo and maybe a single magazine for each. But this will not be top priority since we're focussing on planes weaponry first.

I'm really happy to read that some talented people are working togheter to create a standard system for balance and to increase quality.

I want offer my collaboration to this project as tester/quality/balance tester and to create future mission that use these new really cool stuff... also with mando missile and new score system table that works better than standard bis, we can talk in msn or skype

my contact is: axelm@libero.it

I've to say a consideration!

why release plane and after work on weapons system standard... and after restart the work again ?

why not focus the effort to release a weapon standard that "ROCKS" and after release plane that use it, in this "order" for me.... we (you) can save a lot of time.

work togheter to create a standard system, so mando will create a "IAWS" config, and he don't need to create a config for each plane but only for the weapon system standard...

work togheter to create standard system, and after just add to new plane the correct pylon to be compatible and you don't need to work on separate weapons for each new plane...

I'm here to enjoy this project and to offer my collaboration, so contact me by forum pm msn or whatever you like..

!!!!!!!! cheers !!!!!!!

Gnat;1580933']Because its never that simple' date=' thats why.[/quote']

I know that but "great people" will make it simple...

When you understand that a thing is hard, is a challenge for you...

(:)... could be my second role in the "project" give motivation to the talented workers :))

@Rubberkite

it's quite simple: our actual works are all in different states. Some things are finished, some WIP and a few others are just planned. So uniting will either delay the whole releases as we have to catch up on each other or we go the way with releasing what's done so far and keep updating it as we see need to.

I prefer to have released our things ASAP and every now and then launch either an update or an addition.

ok mate!

can't wait to test and use the entire system... of course with mando suite :eek:

Good is never good enough....new weapons for ArmA 2!

AGM-65:

372-agm65new.gif

AGM-88:

372-agm88.jpg

Thanks Sneaker-78-

There are plans around although i wont confirm nor deny anything at this stage unless it is done.

Forgot to say:

I don not take credits for the initial modelling of those 2 missiles shown above! They are provided by a free 3D model site from which i await the correct credits to be given.

This goes for the highest LOD. Lower res LODs, GEO LOD, Fire Geometry and Shadow LOD has been made by myself, also are the textures created by myself.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

The work of one evening:

AIM-54A (probably will change to "C")

372-aim54.jpg

First LOD done, some lower res LOD's, GEO & FIRE LOD aswell as Shadow LOD has to be done.

Unlike the others above, this one i've done myself from scratch.

@Winchester Delta_1

Sadly actually there is nothing you could implement. Right now, the only real benefit would be that a changed loadout done with addWeapon and addMagazine does behave more or less correctly.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

@Uglyboy

agree, if someone is still in contact with GodHammer or has any sort of Contact data, please let me know, either here or via PM.