Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

GLT Missilebox (IAWS compatible)

Did I miss a misslebox update? Are we still waiting for Eble? If I didn't miss one, I sure am looking forward to the next release. Lots of solutions in there for tinkers. Excellent compilation, all. Sliced bread was nothing next to this.

@quicksilver67

don't worry, except some WIP screenshot there was nothing released in the meantime.

Temporary content list so far (lot is WIP still):

AIM-9M

AIM-9X

AIM-7E

AIM-54

AIM-120

AIM-132

R-3

R-27

R-77

PL-7

PL-9

PL-12

Mattra R.550

AGM-65

AGM-84

AGM-88

AGM-114

Brimstone

Alarm

Exocet

Kh-31

Kh-29

Stormshadow

AS-4

1000GP retarded

GBU-12

GBU-53 JDAM

KAB250L

KAB500L

KAB1500L

Paveway500 (UK)

Paveway1000 (UK)

Mk-81

Mk-82

Mk-84

Also several FFAR Pods.

Somebody will probably kill me for this, but you should consider getting with Rip31st from 31st Normandy, they have alot of very nice WWII munitions (bombs. very big bombs) that you can place as single objects, maybe you could include a small portion of them, for WWII fanatics.

@NoRailGunner

unless someone offers his help to create matching impact effects, the weapons will have default BIS effects. It is already a sh**load of work even without new impact effects so please understand that at some point i have to say "enough is enough". In a positive manner of course. ;)

@Darkhorse

Thats a negative. For this pack i'll stick with more or less modern weaponry. Although if this pack will ever be finished, maybe a dedicated WWII pack is possible. But thats really far in the future so don't hold your breath on it.

I'd definitely leave the impact effect BIS standard for wide compatibility reasons. You know, it seems like you've got a lot of contributors sending you goodies. This could very well become THE definitive 3rd party requirement, as I can't see too many content creators wanting to reinvent the wheel, or spend as much time on this sort of thing as you have. IMO, this has the same sort of major impact as the XEH, particularly with your other projects in mind. You may very well want to consider expanding the collection after the next release. That said, we're all worried about your health, mate: don't burn out on us. If you're getting slammed, be sure to look around for qualified help... if it's out there... and it's qualified... and it wants to help.*

*Sadly, I'm not qualified, but I view my "moral support" level as "pivotal." <LOL>

AGM-154 JSOW, inspired by wld427. Thanks mate.

jsowingame.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

@quicksilver67

thanks for your warm words, always good to see that people do like what i'm doin.

I had a thought on bomblets of all kinds. I noticed recently when playing around with the modded A-10s that numerous small BIS standard explosions can really create some lag havoc on most machines. While detail and accuracy with regards to weaponry is very nice, I'm thinking that some consideration will have to be given to performance and playability. Just a thought.

I had a thought on bomblets of all kinds. I noticed recently when playing around with the modded A-10s that numerous small BIS standard explosions can really create some lag havoc on most machines. While detail and accuracy with regards to weaponry is very nice, I'm thinking that some consideration will have to be given to performance and playability. Just a thought.

No lag here, I'll have my explosions thanks very much! :p

Have you had any reports of dedicated servers crashing when using the GLT Missilebox?

We've got some reports about deddy's crashing, which stopped after removing GLT Missilebox (in combination with ACE). http://dev-heaven.net/issues/10306#note-53

I have looked at the configs in great detail, but can't for the life of me figure out why it would cause issues, with or without ACE, especially since you are just inheriting and adding new classes.

That would leave me to believe it could be a problem with a model, but I suppose you'd have some more reports then. The version I used was: http://www.filefront.com/13933807/GLT_Missilebox.7z

I am unsure what the version was on the server/clients of the reporter.

No, didn't received any infos about this behaviour. Heard now the first time about that. Does ACE2 make some changes on the BIS weapons? If yes, could you point me to the relevant files, preferably without downloading the entire ACE2? :D

As you say, glt_missilebox doesn't change BIS base classes, only introduces new classes. Mainly to keep compatibility with default ArmA 2.

:EDITH:

The Missilebox is needed by the GLT F-16, afaik no other addon requires it. Could it be that the problem is caused by the F-16 and not the Missilebox?

:EDITH 2:

By thinking about it, the missilebox didn't caused any server crashes before ACE2, at least i didn't got any reports about it. The missilebox is in daily server use on our clanserver and we didn't had any server crash which we could track to the missilebox or the F-16.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Cheers for looking into! ACE does make changes.

You can review the config tree at

CfgWeapons: http://browser.dev-heaven.net/configclasses/config/909

CfgAmmo: http://browser.dev-heaven.net/configclasses/config/2

CfgMagazines: http://browser.dev-heaven.net/configclasses/config/355

(These provide the complete tree as available when loaded ingame)

On a side note, I hope in the near future to provide a color-based indication of which are original bis values, and which have changed etc, incl comparison, hopefully in next days.

The changes are mainly defined in the source of c_vehicle: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/repository/revisions/develop/show/Addons/c_vehicle

It's an odd situation. I have also not yet tried reproducing it, will if we don't get anywhere :)

Edited by Sickboy

It's an odd situation.

Indeed. Took a quick look at the linked configs. Additions are almost exclusively made in the cfgAmmo, at least in the for this issue relevant parts. As far as i know and can see, those additional values will probably used in ACE2 scripts, using getText, getNumber and getArray commands.

I don't see how these could cause a server crash but work with default BIS weapons. At the very end, it is the same for the engine.

I can only guess that the issue isn't related to compatibility problems between ACE2 and the missiliebox and the fact that the removing of the box solved the problem, well, i think something more was changed, maybe nothing obvious so it looks only that the missilebox has caused the problem.

But a lot of words just to say one thing: i'm clueless.

Request: may some server admins please report if they had problems with the missilebox together with ACE2 and please also report if it works fine.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Is the issue maybe related more to an improper method of adding them to a vehicle or the way they are fired?

Well, if so, then it isn't the Missilebox causing the problem since the Missilebox doesn't add any weapon to any plane nor does it change in any form the way they're fired.

In fact, they're just copies of BIS Ammo, magazines and weapons.

That said, the Missilebox is fully ArmA 2 compatible.

No, I meant "it may not be a missilebox problem, the problem could be how its used"

(possibly this is stupid idea :icon_rolleyes: )

Myke you do not want create, add, .... to your Mod GLT Missilebox! Napalm bomb MK77. These bombs have a tremendous fire power. :)

GLT Missilebox 2.0

requires Operation Arrowhead 1.5 or higher

This reworked Missilebox adds the following aerial weapons:

AIM-9M, AIM-9X, AIM-120, AIM-7, AIM-54, R-3, R-27, R-73, R-77, R.550

AGM-65, AGM-84, AGM-88, AGM-114, Kh-15, Kh-22, Kh-29L, Kh-29T, Kh-31, Kh-59, AM-39

FAB-250, FAB-500, Mk-81, Mk-82, Mk-84, GBU-12, GBU-53, KAB-250L, KAB-500L, KAB-1500L, AGM-154

The Missilebox is compatible with the GLT F-16 and will immediately show the new models. Hopefully in the near future other addons will make use of the box aswell.

I will add default BIS planes to make use of the Missilebox asap.

Included is a GLT F-16 expansion which adds 3 more weapon variants (for all color schemes so 12 new planes) based on this new Missilebox:

Variant 1:

M61A1

2 x AIM120

2 x AGM88

6 x MK81

Variant 2 (Euro loadout):

M61A1

2 x AIM9M

2 x AM39

6 x R550

Variant 3 (russian loadout):

M61A1

2 x R27

2 x CH31

6 x KAB250

I admit that those variants are mainly for showcase purpose, to get a quick look on the weapons so don't bother me with complaints about realism on those variants.

Sadly I had problems with making good screenshots so if someone could help out and make some decent shots.... :D

The Missilebox uses the same models and textures like the GLT Airweapons replacement pack, so using the Missilebox alongside with the Airweapons replacement will give you a unified look of weapons.

Weapon and magazine classnames. Caution: spoiler is extremely long!

GLT_AIM9M_Launcher

GLT_2Rnd_AIM9M

GLT_4Rnd_AIM9M

GLT_6Rnd_AIM9M

GLT_8Rnd_AIM9M

GLT_10Rnd_AIM9M

GLT_12Rnd_AIM9M

GLT_AIM9X_Launcher

GLT_2Rnd_AIM9X

GLT_4Rnd_AIM9X

GLT_6Rnd_AIM9X

GLT_8Rnd_AIM9X

GLT_10Rnd_AIM9X

GLT_12Rnd_AIM9X

GLT_AIM120_Launcher

GLT_2Rnd_AIM120

GLT_4Rnd_AIM120

GLT_6Rnd_AIM120

GLT_8Rnd_AIM120

GLT_10Rnd_AIM120

GLT_12Rnd_AIM120

GLT_AIM7_Launcher

GLT_2Rnd_AIM7

GLT_4Rnd_AIM7

GLT_6Rnd_AIM7

GLT_AIM54_Launcher

GLT_2Rnd_AIM54

GLT_4Rnd_AIM54

GLT_6Rnd_AIM54

GLT_R3_Launcher

GLT_2Rnd_R3

GLT_4Rnd_R3

GLT_6Rnd_R3

GLT_8Rnd_R3

GLT_10Rnd_R3

GLT_12Rnd_R3

GLT_R27_Launcher

GLT_2Rnd_R27

GLT_4Rnd_R27

GLT_6Rnd_R27

GLT_8Rnd_R27

GLT_10Rnd_R27

GLT_12Rnd_R27

GLT_R73_Launcher

GLT_2Rnd_R73

GLT_4Rnd_R73

GLT_6Rnd_R73

GLT_8Rnd_R73

GLT_10Rnd_R73

GLT_12Rnd_R73

GLT_R77_Launcher

GLT_2Rnd_R77

GLT_4Rnd_R77

GLT_6Rnd_R77

GLT_8Rnd_R77

GLT_10Rnd_R77

GLT_12Rnd_R77

GLT_R550_Launcher

GLT_2Rnd_R550

GLT_4Rnd_R550

GLT_6Rnd_R550

GLT_8Rnd_R550

GLT_10Rnd_R550

GLT_12Rnd_R550

GLT_AGM114_Launcher

GLT_2Rnd_AGM114

GLT_4Rnd_AGM114

GLT_6Rnd_AGM114

GLT_8Rnd_AGM114

GLT_10Rnd_AGM114

GLT_12Rnd_AGM114

GLT_14Rnd_AGM114

GLT_16Rnd_AGM114

GLT_18Rnd_AGM114

GLT_AGM65_Launcher

GLT_2Rnd_AGM65

GLT_4Rnd_AGM65

GLT_6Rnd_AGM65

GLT_8Rnd_AGM65

GLT_10Rnd_AGM65

GLT_12Rnd_AGM65

GLT_AGM84_Launcher

GLT_2Rnd_AGM84

GLT_4Rnd_AGM84

GLT_6Rnd_AGM84

GLT_AGM88_Launcher

GLT_2Rnd_AGM88

GLT_4Rnd_AGM88

GLT_6Rnd_AGM88

GLT_CH15_Launcher

GLT_1Rnd_CH15

GLT_2Rnd_CH15

GLT_10Rnd_CH15

GLT_12Rnd_CH15

GLT_CH29L_Launcher

GLT_2Rnd_CH29L

GLT_4Rnd_CH29L

GLT_6Rnd_CH29L

GLT_CH29T_Launcher

GLT_2Rnd_CH29T

GLT_4Rnd_CH29T

GLT_6Rnd_CH29T

GLT_CH59_Launcher

GLT_1Rnd_CH59

GLT_2Rnd_CH59

GLT_4Rnd_CH59

GLT_AM39_Launcher

GLT_1Rnd_AM39

GLT_2Rnd_AM39

GLT_AS4_Launcher

GLT_1Rnd_AS4

GLT_2Rnd_AS4

GLT_CH31_Launcher

GLT_1Rnd_CH31

GLT_2Rnd_CH31

GLT_4Rnd_CH31

GLT_FAB250_Launcher

GLT_2Rnd_FAB250

GLT_4Rnd_FAB250

GLT_6Rnd_FAB250

GLT_8Rnd_FAB250

GLT_10Rnd_FAB250

GLT_12Rnd_FAB250

GLT_FAB500_Launcher

GLT_2Rnd_FAB500

GLT_4Rnd_FAB500

GLT_6Rnd_FAB500

GLT_24Rnd_FAB500

GLT_MK81_Launcher

GLT_2Rnd_MK81

GLT_4Rnd_MK81

GLT_6Rnd_MK81

GLT_8Rnd_MK81

GLT_10Rnd_MK81

GLT_12Rnd_MK81

GLT_MK82_Launcher

GLT_2Rnd_MK82

GLT_4Rnd_MK82

GLT_6Rnd_MK82

GLT_MK84_Launcher

GLT_2Rnd_MK84

GLT_4Rnd_MK84

GLT_6Rnd_MK84

GLT_AGM154_Launcher

GLT_1Rnd_AGM154

GLT_2Rnd_AGM154

GLT_GBU12_Launcher

GLT_2Rnd_GBU12

GLT_4Rnd_GBU12

GLT_6Rnd_GBU12

GLT_GBU53_Launcher

GLT_2Rnd_GBU53

GLT_4Rnd_GBU53

GLT_6Rnd_GBU53

GLT_KAB250_Launcher

GLT_2Rnd_KAB250

GLT_4Rnd_KAB250

GLT_6Rnd_KAB250

GLT_KAB500_Launcher

GLT_2Rnd_KAB500

GLT_4Rnd_KAB500

GLT_6Rnd_KAB500

GLT_KAB1500_Launcher

GLT_1Rnd_KAB1500

GLT_2Rnd_KAB1500

GLT_4Rnd_KAB1500

Included files:

glt_missilebox.pbo

glt_missilebox.pbo.GLT_ADDONS.bisign

glt_f16_variants.pbo

glt_f16_variants.pbo.GLT_ADDONS.bisign

GLT_ADDONS.bikey

Missilebox Manual.pdf

If you wish to change the weapon loadout by script to create own variations, the script in post #5 is still valid.

Credits:

IrishDeviant for: AGM-88, KAB-250L, KAB-500L and KAB-1500L. Outstanding work, mate. Thanks again.

RKSL-Rock for: AGM-84, parts of the GBU-12 (guidance) aswell for offering his UK Missilepack.

wld427 for: FAB-500 MLOD (created by godhammer), inspiration for the AGM-154 and the Kh-15.

NodUnit for: reference pictures of the AGM-114 texture. Thanks again.

Irishdeviant, thanks for those outstanding models. I tried to reach your standard with my own models but surely failed.

RKSL-Rock, thanks for your contributions and help.

wld427, also thanks to you for sharing some MLOD's although i didn't used all.

Also would say thanks to southy as he sent also a whole bunch of MLOD's. Most i already had and some will probably follow in a additional pack later.

NodUnit & Keshman, thanks for your help on some textures.

I hope i got it all right. During the working time on this pack, it is easily possible to mix up who did what.

If this happened or i forgot to credit someone, it was by mistake and not intentionally. Send me a PM and i will fix it.

DOWNLOADS:

Temporary (one week): http://www.filedropper.com/gltmissilebox

Download Mirrors:

arma2base.de

armaholic.com

armedassault.info

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Outstanding release. Congrats Myke :bounce3:

MMA support for all of them will come in the very near future.

[CeDe]Aushilfe has informed me that the FAB-500 was originally created by godhammer. Updated Credits accordingly in both posts.

Thanks for pointing.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Hi all, GLT you should merge your pack and project with RKSL team... They are making a missile addons to...

Hi all, GLT you should merge your pack and project with RKSL team... They are making a missile addons to...

RKSL-Rock and i are working together as we see fit. He even offered his Missilepack and the AGM-84 is actually from this pack.

But since the RKSL pack is more UK-based and mine more US and Russia, i thought it doesn't make sense to put both together.

This way it keeps modular and people aren't forced to fill their hardrives with stuff they don't need.