Sign in to follow this  
Seraphis

Congratulations and thanks

I don't normally do this sort of thing, but I really feel compelled to say my piece quickly.

• RichieSpeed (http://www.youtube.com/user/richiespeedisback)
    I stumbled across your Arma II videos on YouTube quite by accident, and when I viewed them I could hardly believe what I was watching. Quite simply, your video presence on YouTube is directly responsible for me ownimg Arma II today.
    I know that Arma II is a reasonably niche game (although I loathe using the word 'game' - I see it more as a simulator/sandbox) and therefore perhaps can't be afforded mainstream marketing, but without doubt your efforts and excitement for this title contribute to market awareness on behalf of BI. You're doing the title a great service.
  • Dslyecxi (http://ttp2.dslyecxi.com/veh_usage.html)
    I was reading a thread here on the BI Forums which contained a link to your site, which is immersive, educational and quite frankly utterly amazing in it's detail and presentation. It's heartwarming to know that folk like you - passionate and giving - still exist. Thank you.

Congratulations:

Bohemia Interactive

I remember playing the original OFP back in the day for hours and hours upon end with my friends. A landmark title in it's day.

Arma 1 didn't gel with me so much for some unknown reason - although recently I found myself warming to its Patch 1.14 and Warfare goodness.

I purchased Arma II 2 days ago, and upon installing it on my very modest computer (E6600 w/2gb DDR2 + X1950 w/256mb) I was expecting very little in terms of performance; I could only ever get around 15-20 FPS out of Arma 1.

I wish you could've been there to see the look on my face when, after setting everything to 'normal', I found myself able to play with an avg of 25-40 fps.

It made no sense to me then, and it still makes me smile from the inside right now. I have no idea how, but your optimised engine outperforms my lowly expectations by multiple degrees.

I still get endless joy and amazement by simply waggling my mouse around and watching the motion blur and content on my screen as if it were xmas.

You are clearly a studio with a passion. You strive to make the game you wish to have enjoyed by thousands of hungry genre fans. You're unique in the market and you've created a product which is a sight to behold, and is an immeasurable joy to use and play within.

You've remained faithful to your goals of creating a game environment for community content to thrive upon, allowing us to continue adding value and creativity well after your development phase is over.

Yes, I'm sure there will be bugs, glitches and patches, but the solid foundations are now laid and there's plenty of time to touch up and tweak.

By no means am I a 'fanboi'. I haven't been 'looking forward to Arma II', nor would I go about proclaiming the faults of any competitors products - I'm simply speaking my mind based upon my experiences and observations.

BI - you are a leading example of an 'independent spirit' amongst other developers in this corporatised age.

I felt absolutely fantastic handing over my hard-earned money in order to be able participate in enjoying everything that Arma II provides and represents; you deserve every cent of it.

Congratulations and thanks.

I totally agree to this, thanks for everyone who ever posted ArmA2 video on youtube :p

Agreed. I have been leaning towards Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising for months now. I am just completely blown away by the community that surrounds ArmA and BI.

Keep up the good work guys.

Youtube videos are the reason I even know this game exists.

I came across one by accident when I was looking for Battlefield Bad Company 2 videos, and now my whole focus has been altered.

I hope this game get's the same level of polish the BF games now have.

I'll be hooked instantly.

Youtube videos are the reason I even know this game exists.

I came across one by accident when I was looking for Battlefield Bad Company 2 videos, and now my whole focus has been altered.

I hope this game get's the same level of polish the BF games now have.

I'll be hooked instantly.

Well as it is now, the campagin is almost impossible, because once you get to a mission called "delaying the bear" your whole team will not respond, this still hasn't been fixed =/

Games still good though

I agree with Seraphis 100%

I probably have to drink only Czech beer from now on...

Agreed.

Richie's video resulted in my imediate d/l of the game last Sat.

And Dslyecxi's videos have had me wanting a TrackIR for some time (also ordered on Sat and it's "out for delivery" as I type this).

BIS cranks out some serious sims (I've been enjoying them since 2003).

I agree with Seraphis 100%

I probably have to drink only Czech beer from now on...

Staropramen is all you need friend. :)

No but I have to jump on this thread and THANK BIS for ARMAII.

Im having so much fun even(!) in singelplayer which I didnt

even consider before, playing coop in MP was all I planned to do.

Man was I mistaken. Awesome campaign so far, immersion and something

I missed from the first game; war-feeling. Now I got it.

Without BIS what would we do?!

What would we play?!

Such a depressing thought but now we dont need to think it, ARMAII is here.

ARMAII for the win

You guys at BIS are HARDCORE.

You deserve atleast one banana. :yay:

BIS damn you....you are requiring me to get a new graphic card (and psu of course).....to play this amazing game :ok:

Well said, exactly my thoughts.

Just for the simple fact that ArmA 2 hasnt gone the way Dragon Rising went, is more then deserving my money already.

BIS is like, one of the last cornerstones of tactical gaming.

The entire building has been shot down thanks to Ubisoft raping the Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon series, yet in between the rubble stands BIS with ArmA 2, still going strong.

BIS, i commend you.

Upgraded my entire rig for this :) Come on June 26th.

and upon installing it on my very modest computer (E6600 w/2gb DDR2 + X1950 w/256mb) I was expecting very little in terms of performance; I could only ever get around 15-20 FPS out of Arma 1.

I wish you could've been there to see the look on my face when, after setting everything to 'normal', I found myself able to play with an avg of 25-40 fps.

It made no sense to me then, and it still makes me smile from the inside right now. I have no idea how, but your optimised engine outperforms my lowly expectations by multiple degrees.

I wish i could say the same about my modest computer too (E6600, 4 GB DDRII, 8800 GTX 768 MB) but unfortunetly Arma II is not enjoyable since it runs from bad to very bad.

I had great fps in Arma 1 with all settings high and 4x AA.

The improvements so far are not worth the bad performance or steep requirements... i like the game but i feel like we are back at square 1 (Armed Assault V1.0)

Looking forward to patch 1.3, so far not much entertainment other than playing around with the video settings..

Well said. Arma2 has exceeded my expectations, even if it does need some performance tweaking. I bought a GX285 to replace my 8800GTX the day after I bought Arma2 and it runs beautifully, everything on very high (including FSAA) but PP turned off and the immersion is amazing ... I seem to spend hours in there, lost in a world of completing missions and just looking around in awe. Haven't felt this way since I played the original OpFlash (I skipped Arma1 due to intolerable bugginess). Shame my TrackIR died ... guess I will need to spring for another one :-)

Just another dude agreeing with the praise.

It really is the best game (game ?) I have ever played.

I am so glad they stuck with the same vibe...really cool.

My ONLY gripe ? The death camera is all blurry and red, I hate it. The old one was one of my favorite things. Because I die a lot in Arma and OPF, I always enjoyed watching the fly-by to see where that sneaky sniper is.

Great work, I hope it does show up on consoles. This is a piece of art that all gamers should at least try.

Cheers.

BB.

The graphics, the possibilities, the atmosphere :eek: ! This game has it all !!!

Thank you very much BIS !!! I'm loving this game :cool: !! :yay::yay:

Yep i have to second this OP.

I will be very Happy to hand over my money to get this game when it is in the stores here.

Runs great and plays great.

I have to congratulate and thank BI too. This game is as epic as OFP was in its day, a contender for GOTY and I'm sure a classic that will remain great for a good few years like OFP did.

I feel like buying another copy just to show my joy at how good the game is, in fact I'm urging all my mates to buy ASAP!

Let the modding begin!

I agree, those 2 users as well as other videos, sent ArmA 2 from a game I knew nothing about to my most anticipated game. I bought a new graphics card even though I hadnt planned on doing so for another year. I bought I CPU cooler and OCed my CPU. I even bought a joystick. Soley for this game. My joystick and my card get here in 2 days I cant wait.

I have already soaked 22+ hours into ArmA 2 and I have barley scratched the surface.

If this game has the legs and support to last, I will probably end up picking up a track IR 5 for the game as well.

Hopefully the patches keep coming and the Modding community is just as passionate.

Great job BI, you will be getting my money for all your future games as long as you keep this up.

I agree as well, excellent work. This sim is going to keep me busy for years. The graphics and how smoothly it runs with them are the best I have ever seen.

I agree with the positive comments.

This is a very good game. It's sim-like in all the right places, which keeps the pace up. I'm really enjoying this. I love the innovative 1st person camera system which makes you feel like you're in the person's shoes. I think the graphics are great - there's a bit of texture bleeding in distant assets for me, but that's really a small niggle.

Top notch game. People complain about the voice acting, but I really think they did a good job.

Yeah I don't know if Richiespeed is on this forum or not, but his stuff is pretty incredible and shows the true potential of ARMA. They should hire him for marketing in the US

Damn. I just pulled myself out of Arma2 by the scruff of the neck to cart myself off to sleep. But before I go.

HOLY HELL! This game rocks. Don't get me wrong, my PC chugs and there's some optimisation issues, but the game has got me so hooked I barely even notice when my framerate drops. There's flaws, but honestly, this has pretty much fulfilled all the hopes I had, and I had VERY high hopes for this game. Well worth the money, now off to see if I can magically increase my framerate, and then go to sleep, after one more mission.. just one... really...

:D