Sign in to follow this  
Allions

Arma 2 freeze after 10/15 min... also withpatch 1.02

Hi guys i've bought the game this morning, installed and played a bit... after about 10 or 15 minutes the game completely freeze and i have to close it from the task manager or reboot my pc if it doesn't work...

anyone have the same problem? i've also updated with the patch 1.02 and the latest video driver...

my pc:

windows xp sp4

nvidia 8800 Gt

quad core 1.8Ghz

3,2 GB ram

video option set on "normal"

Hey,

Same here. After ~15min of gameplay my game just freezes. CPU activity is at 50% but nothing moves on screen. Had to close Arma2 from task manager.

This happens only on campaign mission Razor Two. Managed to get through few missions :yay:

for me, it happens in many different training missions....

anyone have a solution?

Same.

... ok now we are at least 3... why no admin/moderators answer?

Hopefully now the demo is out they can start and fix some of the more serious stuff, many of the post about crashes are spread out. There are more than just three or four of us.

Oddly when I first played the game 1.01 and 1.02 I would get lockups that I could escape using task manager but from day 2 I've had no more CTDs just lockups that can only be fixed by a system reboot.

Im also getting this problem on the mission Razor two, ever since the 1.02 patch.

I bought this game yesterday, and had no problems, and managed to do some stuff in razor two before relising there was a patch. So i start it again with the 1.02 patch.

Everything was fine for about an hour, then it suddenly crashed and now it crashes about every 10 minutes.

Think i might just reintsall and go back to the unpatched version :(

Hopefully now the demo is out they can start and fix some of the more serious stuff, many of the post about crashes are spread out. There are more than just three or four of us.

Oddly when I first played the game 1.01 and 1.02 I would get lockups that I could escape using task manager but from day 2 I've had no more CTDs just lockups that can only be fixed by a system reboot.

This game has been out since May in Germany and last week Europe. they should have come across this at least ONCE and fixed this ages ago. this is horrible, and i know its not our PC's because from everyones specs that are posted they meet and go beyond the demands of the game.

If they do fix this problem it may be down to luck because if the PC freezes then it dosn't write to the error log, this makes it very difficult to fix.

i get the same problem and i also have the nvidia 8800 Gt

seems like alot of people have the same problem with Nvidia cards..

i get the same problem and i also have the nvidia 8800 Gt

seems like alot of people have the same problem with Nvidia cards..

yeah but i think everyone of us have updeated with the latest drivers.

i'm playing others games with no difficulties (ex. Fallout 3)...

The problem is that i'm not sure if a moderator/admin see this post and report it ...

hope to see another patch soon...

Sorry by my poor English. I am spaniard and I have a 8800gt xxx 512 graphic card and also have this problem. After 5 minutes more or less my computer freeze and not respond (control+alt+supr) Keyboard, mouse, nothing respond and the only "solution" is reboot the computer.

My computer:

c2d 6400+4 gigas RAM+8800gt xxx 512

I hope next patch will solve this problem.

I use the 9600GT and i have the same problem.

Edited by Nickos

Yet another 8800 GT user having freezes

Won't even let me alt-tab or open task manager, have to reboot.

Running XP SP3 (32 bit), with an intel quad-core 2.4 ghz processor and 3 gigs of RAM

ARMA2 sends freeze reports. Even makes mini dump with the problem

I have the same problem but it happens only in multiplayer and after about 2 minutes.

I have submitted it to the community tracker but this is really annoying because I ordered trackir 5 just for this game.

Try setting your Video Memory lower. For 1GB cards try high. For 512 cards try medium or low.

15 minutes of play, seems to be the amount of time, it takes for the vram to fill up.

this is the only game that crashes on me.... i hope they come out with a fix for this soon

I also get this quite often, also on 512mb 8800GT I am now on lowest settings possible and still getting it, never get it in other games.

I am also on latest drivers.

same problem here, tried vista and windows 7 beta still same problem

I had the same problem, after a few minutes the graphics would glitch out (most floor textures turned white) and the game would eventually freeze and crash. Per a suggestion in the forum, I tried bumping Video Memory to Low, in Graphics Options -> Advanced. After doing so, I haven't had any graphical issues and the game has remained stable. This may not work for everyone, but it's worth a try.

Also, if needed

2.4ghz E6600

2gb ram

8800gts 320mb ram (Nvidia driver ver 182.50)

again-

same here

q6700@stock or 3200

gf8800gts 320 mb

4gb

winXP32 sp3

tacens720W PSU

Same here.

EN8800 GT 1GB from ASUS

Freeze, with no artifacts and no wierd sound.

Sometimes I´m able to get back to desktop and stop the process, others I have to reboot.

I saved just before the freeze and it´s always the same.

It freezes in Razor 2 and now in a scenario.

This is not a Hardware issue. :confused: