Sign in to follow this  
GLeek

3D fillrate define mesh LOD quality !

i see that !

go in editor , and place your playable unit. then , preview , choose a spot, with car and house. set object quality to "very high" . now, zoom , and see how house and car get their mesh changed with zoom , and . or distant to camera.

okay, now, choose 3D fillrate 200%. and check again ... game is now marvelous , but it's a slideshow :D. need 4 ATI card or a 720p display ;)

not under 30 frames with the ati4890 OC. but i agree, the game is too demanding.

lol

This reminds me of Battlefield 2.

That game was the most massive resource hog ever when it was first released.

A couple patched memory leaks later, the game ran pretty smooth on mid-range PCs and was awesome on the high-ends.

Of course, this game has actually been out in Europe for a while, so who knows...

According to their posted "Recommended" system requirements, you'd think most people here who be running at 60FPS easily. But it never seems to work out like that, regardless of how top-end your system is.

I wonder what type of rig they were running when they recorded those demo videos - because they seem to run fairly smooth. I know developer PC's are are on steroids to begin with, but the scaling never seems to match up on customer PCs.

Of course it will change LOD quality, the same happens with other games when going frow low to high resolutions

Of course it will change LOD quality, the same happens with other games when going frow low to high resolutions

How do you work that out? High resolution settings if your card is capable and is designed for it should not affect "LOD" lod has nothing much to do with res size unless your card is not capable of dealing with ur monitors natives etc..

LoD is a bunch of preset engine settings regarding settings you choose ingame, like usually distance sliders and general object detail as a whole.

You dont normaly see LoD's to a point changing like you do in heavy handed games like arma series. Most modern cards in games that use high amounts of LODS would pre render enough so you wouldnt see it so obviously as you approach say running towards something.

Its just optimization needed here and its almost like the dev team run theyre tests on some new machine not even on this earth yet lol.. They will do theyre utmost I know to fix it up but I really am not liking the way publishers are making us gamers end up with sub standard code due to pushy sales contracts and dead lines..

same old sh** different day it seems of late.

not under 30 frames with the ati4890 OC. but i agree, the game is too demanding.

200% ? 30fps with 1080p , looking at forest trough AK optical ?? are you kidding ? :D

ps: 750/775mhz 4870 1GB , run at 15-20 fps@1680x1050, normal soldier view ,near a village. unplaybe so.

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

LOD

Its just optimization needed here and its almost like the dev team run theyre tests on some new machine not even on this earth yet lol.. They will do theyre utmost I know to fix it up but I really am not liking the way publishers are making us gamers end up with sub standard code due to pushy sales contracts and dead lines..

i agree about optimization. i think a good old smoothie fade in /out of LOD would be enough. actually, LOD is too brutal for our eye !

How do you work that out? High resolution settings if your card is capable and is designed for it should not affect "LOD" lod has nothing much to do with res size unless your card is not capable of dealing with ur monitors natives etc..

LoD is a bunch of preset engine settings regarding settings you choose ingame, like usually distance sliders and general object detail as a whole.

You dont normaly see LoD's to a point changing like you do in heavy handed games like arma series. Most modern cards in games that use high amounts of LODS would pre render enough so you wouldnt see it so obviously as you approach say running towards something.

Believe me, LOD scaling is affected by resolution in games, it's pointless running higher quality LOD's in the distance when using a low resolution as the detail of high res LOD's cannot be seen properly.

I've tested this with a fair few games over the years, not just OFP/ArmA