Sign in to follow this  
Valenwood

Badlands Incompletable

So I spend a good day going through this mission and having to go it alone due to the pathetically stupid AI of team members who just make it all the harder.

I finally capture all 4 objectives, the task says complete, a radio transmission occurs and a conversation strikes up, my task then resets to undone and I am unable to actually do anything.

Is there any console command or anything to skip this mission, I don't want to have to do that all again, nor should I have to. Please fix this game, I'd like to enjoy it as it was meant to be enjoyed.

I'm on that mission just now, just started it. I've just been given a mobile HQ and I have no idea what to do with it!!.

If you need to skip the mission, hold down LEFT SHIFT and the KEYPAD "-" ( minus ) key then let go. Then type in "endmission" ( without the quotes ) and it will move you onto the next mission.

None of my razor-team members obey any orders from the beginning of this mission, they just stand still. Is it suppose to be like that?

I read that I need to make contact with CDF south of the last objective but they wont talk to me. I cant figure this mission out.

I have done this mission twice, spending over 13 hours on this mission. Receiving both script errors and map errors, resulting in reverting to earlier saves only to get the same result OR to get no results at all. I'll be posting a lot of pictures, information, a video on everything that was done.

Edit: You can skip the mission? THANK YOU GOD! Jesus this mission was so bad I swear I don't know what was BIS thinking when they were making it... I don't think they even tested it...or with Manhattan.

Edited by Victor

PLZ! Fix the campain! I got same issues with this mission!

Edited by Drasta

Started with NAPA guys and had the same problem, so I did the end mission thing. Then in the next misssion I ended up in the middle of a NAPA HQ full of NAPA that are shown as enemys.... wtf

For me it's even worse. I have started having unresponsive team mates since the mission "Delaying the Bear" followed by zombie team mates in "Badlands", I had to use shift+ - ENDGAME to skip because they were unplayable. I just saw Dogs of War as a mission I was supposed to play but never got to thanks to the buggy campaign.

I tried MP last night and was disappointed with the absolutely lack of action in a 30 player server because of the silly mechanics. Like having to get to a certain level to control planes/tanks but then having stupid people crash the heli or buggy mp level where at a certain point our heli warped a mile and then crashed into a tree. So needless to say I was disappointed when I spent the entire hour "getting" to the action and having 1 kill and 30 deaths to show for it. And it wasn't just me, others were all complaining about the same problems. I'm a working adult so if BI can make getting to point of action a little faster, it would be greatly appreciated by all. I'm not even going to ask for a fixed single player, just allow us faster travel or less restrictive level restrictions for at least HMVVWs or tanks.

Thank God Draeger for that info, i've been stuck in dogs of war for hours! In fact i think i've been stuck in almost every fking mission because this game IS so FUBAR the word itself gets a new meaning. Damn, i didn't even survive the training course without being killed by own men lol.

This is definitely the most hellish gaming experience of my 33 year life.

Trust me guys. I mean it.

I finaly managed to complete this Badlands mission, fucking hard i tell you, dont think ive had that much trouble for a long time.

Dogs of war is just as fucked up though.

Anyone know if this actually fixes in later missions? As of badlands i cannot control my squad, its the same in dogs of war. If it doesnt fix by the next mission ill just go play multi till BIS get their act together.

I honestly do wonder if they bothered to spend even 5 min play testing this game.

Check this out.

I've just got the APC and I've just worked out how to build my base.

However, team members two and three have now magically transported themselves 8000m away into the ocean.

Fucking great.

Blah u gain control of them by shooting your men's kneecaps and then healing them (naturally) but my probs didn't stop there, i couldn't get any info for the destroy base and deal with russians cause the dialog is fucked up. And what comes for the later missions, there is none. Kinda waited like 3 times bigger campaign, but hell at least the bugs stopped :D

yeeah... this is a real trouble in this mission! its not completed what ever i do! and my stupid solders in begin of this mission they are not do my commands! only afrter i go Ðовый Ñобор ,they regroop with me. only ENDMISSION help me to complete it

the problem with endmission cheat is that ALL objectives are completed, including killing the NAPA leader which I specifically declined to do.

Remember when the first reviews said the campaign could not be completed and the devs said they were shocked and had no knowledge that anything was wrong with the campaign, and that the magazines were liars and unprofessional.

What a load of BS that turned out to be.

I've got a major problem here.....I'm playing Badlands

I know razor team wont respond....didn't in delaying the bear and I read they wouldn't move in this mission so I was prepared for that.

However I don't have control over anybody....not NAPA...not razor....nobody!!

After the NAPA guy tells me the objective and then says I am in charge nothing happens.

The command function (spacebar) only brings up controls for razor team and not the NAPA guys.

How am I supposed to take 4 towns by myself?? I gave it a good try and nearly captured Novy Stobor on my own!! ;)

I've not read anyone else not being able to control NAPA.

How do I take command of them? :confused:

Subtee I have the same issue for the last two missions where my guys wont do anything they just stand still. Ever since Manhatten the Campaign just gets worse and worse with bugs and script errors. It's a total beta campaign, ridiculous that BI can't even have the single player portion of the game polished on release.

Honestly with this many bugs it's hard to believe BI even spent anytime playing the campaign through, and if they did and saw how many bugs there are, I can't believe it went gold, and sent it out as a retail title.

Edited by Cpt.Goose

The command function (spacebar) only brings up controls for razor team and not the NAPA guys.

you use ctrl+spacebar

I have experienced the same problem of locked team in the beginning of this Badlands mission. After freeing the first village it started again.

I managed to by-pass this second locked team problem. Before having the last chat with villagers, I order my team to halt in any place of the village, instead of having them following me around.

Thus, they are available at the beginning of the second village attack.

Now, I am terribly stuck in the last village. All enemies are cleared and I can build many stuff in that last village, experience tanks and others. But no end of mission so far.

I've got a major problem here.....I'm playing Badlands

I know razor team wont respond....didn't in delaying the bear and I read they wouldn't move in this mission so I was prepared for that.

However I don't have control over anybody....not NAPA...not razor....nobody!!

After the NAPA guy tells me the objective and then says I am in charge nothing happens.

How am I supposed to take 4 towns by myself?? I gave it a good try and nearly captured Novy Stobor on my own!! ;)

I've not read anyone else not being able to control NAPA.

How do I take command of them? :confused:

Workaround for "Badlands":

Go alone and conquer Novy Sobor. About 10 soldiers to kill.

Then a cutscene should appear.

After the cutscene, Team Razor AI will work again. Regroup Team Razor and everything will be ok. I had no AI problem in the following missions.

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 PM ----------

Subtee I have the same issue for the last two missions where my guys wont do anything they just stand still. Ever since Manhatten the Campaign just gets worse and worse with bugs and script errors. It's a total beta campaign, ridiculous that BI can't even have the single player portion of the game polished on release.

Honestly with this many bugs it's hard to believe BI even spent anytime playing the campaign through, and if they did and saw how many bugs there are, I can't believe it went gold, and sent it out as a retail title.

Yes, the quality control on the campaign is just ridiculous.

It's simply a Beta Campaign, not properly tested. Very very worse than ArmA 1 campaign.

I liked a lot the RPG interaction and mission like Razor Two, Manhattan or Bitter Chill (even if bugged).

but then Delaying the bear, Badlands bugs are just ridiculous: one for all, AI dumb...:rolleyes:

Great ideas with very bad programming (worse than Gothic 3): a huge loss of potential and reputation, in my opinion.

Edited by eirulan

I have experienced the same problem of locked team in the beginning of this Badlands mission. After freeing the first village it started again.

I managed to by-pass this second locked team problem. Before having the last chat with villagers, I order my team to halt in any place of the village, instead of having them following me around.

Thus, they are available at the beginning of the second village attack.

Now, I am terribly stuck in the last village. All enemies are cleared and I can build many stuff in that last village, experience tanks and others. But no end of mission so far.

Did you do the two side missions? Try going back to point hood (south of the first village you capture) and speak to the locals standing in the field by the white car. One mission involves protecting a village from a local warlord, and the other is an assassination mission.

Badlands. Razor Team member dies in cutscene where the priest is talking to the people. Then comes auto-save. Save is corrupted. F*ck off campaing for me. Good work BIS. :SpiningDemon:

guys there a lot of complaining here about nothing to be honest. i took four towns no prob with out razor. ( i had no control over napa at all at any stage, and my team would not move at first, only after the cut sceane with the napa prisoners after taking the first town did they move, only becoz they where sent there to town in the cutsceane) i took the first 3 solo, with no back up at all and the last one , i made a light factory for salvage trucks, and a heavy vehicles factory, i was left with just enough bling to splash out on a bmp-2, which came with 3 crew men, i jumped in, drove to fourth one, blazed a trail of glory in secs and nuked it! now im stuck, i have all towns, but it tells me i must find second set of evidance but i have no clues. what am i supposed to look for, where is it? wtf! i need a clue to find the clue! lol :P

guys there a lot of complaining here about nothing to be honest.

You yourself said you can't complete the mission (collecting evidence does not contribute to ending the mission). Stop being so sychophantic. It's a broken product.

Evil sob, did you do the 2 side missions?

one side mission is assassinating a NAPA guy (declinable), the other is some civis driving up to you and asking you to help protect their village. Evidence comes from talking to the civis in the 4th village and defending the village previously mentioned.