Sign in to follow this  
Blackdeath1179

Sooo...yeah.

You see that post count? Pay close attention as it will not change after this. That's right, I made a post just to rant. I really don't care what anyone thinks at this point. So down to the point. What in the flying fuck is up with your North American release Hmmm? I mean Germany gets it. Cool. Then UK. Alright. North America. Nothing. Sure you put up some bullshit release dates ranging within months of each other, but nothing official. But then oh it's coming out on STEAM on June 26th right? Oh that's fine...That's not fine. You have any idea what kind of a fucking nightmare it is to patch third party games on that piece of shit platform, let alone play? You don't or you wouldn't of picked them. So here is where I am at now, I pre-ordered ArmA II at Gamestop and they said the 29th. Ok 3 days fine not horrible. 2 days later it turns into the 29th. Ok I say to myself just a little longer. Then it turns into the 3rd of July. Now I'm getting to wits end but in reality it's still not much longer. But now, that Gamestop is saying the 9th that was my final straw. Is it months of delays? No. Is it going to be? You bet your fucking ass it is. I would like to personally thank whoever is in charge of the North American section for releasing this game, way to fuck an entire population out one the most sought games of the year. And way to lose a customer as I'm going to revoke my pre-order today. Does it matter to you or anyone? I doubt it as most of you probably already have the fucking game and are enjoying it. But for all the people here in America getting screwed I feel your pain. Anyways enjoy fucking others over, but you're not getting me. And before I hit "Submit New Thread" I would like to personally thank Amazon.Co.Uk because you know what? They can't ship ArmA II to this Address. Peace. Forever.

The game will be available on Newegg.com on the 30th. That's where I'm planning on ordering it if I cannot find it in stores.

Even trolls can play the demo.

No, they can't. It's a conspiracy. Quick, hide!

In all seriousness though, Blackdeath I feel your pain. There's stuff that always comes out months later here in Germany. You get used to it after a while. :)

I didn't know Steam is a nightmare to patch.BUT,there are other places where you can get the English release as a download right now,there's a french site and they accept US credit card.

And if you are this angry you would have spent your time better e-mailing North America publisher,it's entirely out of BIS hands now when it gets released there.

This is not DNF,Arma 2 will never be abandonware like countless games that loose dev support so get the demo and enjoy it until you get the full game.

IBTL :yay:

Anyone of the age of 30 cant use internet shorthand.

Living here in Michigan and refusing to use Steam means I have to wait, too. It's unfortunate that we have to, but if you think you're getting screwed by an extra month wait on a game by Czech developers to be released in North America, you're absolutely stupid.

Play the demo. Besides, you're going to be getting a more stable game than our European friends.

Think before you post.

aww let me play you a sad song on my violin :o:

EDIT: oh yes and IBTL! :)

Edited by Sgt. Gomez 24

Anyone of the age of 30 cant use internet shorthand.

Get off my lawn!

Oh wait.. GOML!

I'm no fan of Steam (I'd have waited for the box, first). But if you were willing to go the D/L route, you could have downloaded the English version from Nexway when the game released on the 19th.

The fact that the US distributor wasn't announced until just the other day was a clue that the US box wouldn't be on the shelves until sometime in July.

You could have ordered from a few outlets that would have shipped the UK release (but I had a buddy in ArmA who waited five weeks for his order that way). There's also an outfit in Canada that ships Euro/UK games to the US.

I'd suggest just getting it from Nexway and be done with it.

Get off my lawn!

Oh wait.. GOML!

Dont make me put you in a retirement home.

You see that post count? Pay close attention as it will not change after this. That's right, I made a post just to rant. I really don't care what anyone thinks at this point. So down to the point. What in the flying fuck is up with your North American release Hmmm? I mean Germany gets it. Cool. Then UK. Alright. North America. Nothing. Sure you put up some bullshit release dates ranging within months of each other, but nothing official. But then oh it's coming out on STEAM on June 26th right? Oh that's fine...That's not fine. You have any idea what kind of a fucking nightmare it is to patch third party games on that piece of shit platform, let alone play? You don't or you wouldn't of picked them. So here is where I am at now, I pre-ordered ArmA II at Gamestop and they said the 29th. Ok 3 days fine not horrible. 2 days later it turns into the 29th. Ok I say to myself just a little longer. Then it turns into the 3rd of July. Now I'm getting to wits end but in reality it's still not much longer. But now, that Gamestop is saying the 9th that was my final straw. Is it months of delays? No. Is it going to be? You bet your fucking ass it is. I would like to personally thank whoever is in charge of the North American section for releasing this game, way to fuck an entire population out one the most sought games of the year. And way to lose a customer as I'm going to revoke my pre-order today. Does it matter to you or anyone? I doubt it as most of you probably already have the fucking game and are enjoying it. But for all the people here in America getting screwed I feel your pain. Anyways enjoy fucking others over, but you're not getting me. And before I hit "Submit New Thread" I would like to personally thank Amazon.Co.Uk because you know what? They can't ship ArmA II to this Address. Peace. Forever.

Dude. Really. It's just a game. Either get a grip or get something else to occupy your mind :)

There's no doubt that the release of this game is one of the most screwed up releases ever. From the German version being released way before others to the fiasco with the demo. I don't know what's going on with this company, but between the bugs, release problems, and dare I say with fear of being punished, the way the community is ran, I can't imagine a more screwed up situation. It's just a shame because this game and this community could be top notch if it were done correctly.

I'm in Michigan, and I'm playing the game now. Downloaded it from Nexway. Couldn't be happier. Sorry to hear some folks are having difficulties.

Blah blah, something post count blah, that's all I managed.