Sign in to follow this  
eddy1978

Where is Lagushina?

Mirek Lagushina is to be in the church from 11 to 12:30. I got there at 12:28, waited 40minutes and she never appeared nowhere around! Obviously a bug. I really hesitate to play the mission again, do all the other tasks until it is finally 12:30 and then risk that she does not appear again:( Maddox hardly ever lands at the exact spot you click on, he somehow chooses only the general area on his own, but quite often he does not stop, but slowly slides to a side and then crashes into trees or power lines :-\ Another interesting behavior of him is that if you for example want to shoot guys in the castle on the hill you want Maddox to stay in the air so you can easily aim, so you order him to fly into the forest somewhere near. Sometimes he flies there and hovers in the air perfectly still which is what I want and is quite logical, because there is no place to land, BUT many times he REALLY wants to land even when there is just dense forest under us, so he simply crashes. When I see him descending into trees I need to stop firing the machine gun and have to really quickly press 8,1,1 to order him to fly somewhere else before he kills us :o

About the AI getting in vehicles - you really don't need to explain it, I think it is quite clear how it happens. But my point is, that it is very silly and unnecessary, because in radio I DO NOT say each member to get in as passanger, get in as gunner and so on. I just say "all, get in that chopper" ! That way logically it does not matter where. Just friking get in there because we are under fire or something and need to get the hell out of here!

If I want to prevent this "negative" cannot get in situation I either have to order everyone to get in as passangers using number commands which is more difficult and needs much more keypresses and as I said sometimes can cost my life, or I just sit as a passenger and not a gunner, because AI always wants to be gunner. The third choice is to be the first to get in and then order rest of my team to get in and watch them how painfully they try to find their path around the chopper, because it is usually slowly moving causing AI to be really nervous about it and reconsider the pathfinding multiple times :-]

This behavior is there since Operation Flashpoint Cold War Crisis and happens with all vehicles. It cost me life many times! Anybody knows if it was improved in ArmA 3?

Edited by LoWang

Version 1.11 four years later and this mission is still bugged like hell! Unbelievable! Lagushina's car is in front of the church but she never comes out and she does not seem to be in any other village! Artillery support comm option disappears after a short period of playing. Maddox frequently crashes into trees killing the whole team. Cannot zoom the map after boarding Huey unless I press backspace to cancel transport option. After I order team to get in to a chopper and then get in as gunner, they say negative and must be ordered again to get in...
The actual ArmA II: OA version is 1.63. There were several campaign fixes for Red Harvest since ArmA II OA 1.57. Support for ArmA II 1.11 was dropped 3 years ago. And even that final 1.11 patch 30 months after release of ArmA II was outstanding long support for a game in this days. Edited by Beagle

That is really cool if you need to buy a new game to get fixes for the old one you happen to play once again :-]