492 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the demo?

• the demo is great
    • the demo is good
    • the demo is so-so
    • the demo is not good, I do not like the game
    • the demo is not good, I have problems installing it
    • the demo is not good, I have problems playing it

Running Triplehead2Go , you cannot launch the Demo at 5040x1050 (you get a D3D9 error message), just at 3840x1024, then you can switch to 5040x1050 in the game menu video options.

To be able to launch it again, you must always edit the .cfg file to 3840x1024 - please hope you fix / have fixed this in the retail version. ;)

Gnat;1329379']F$%#K ME !

Unable to find setup01.bin

Please keep setup.exe and all *.bin files in the same directory

Whats this shyt !!??

Can't even install the friggin thing ......

Slowly loosing my patience with you guys ........

Not downloading another 3GB just to get the same error.

Highly suspect this is some sprocket/registry similar shyt

Edit

Win XP Pro (32)

Did you try the torrent? That worked just fine for me. Also I'm actually quite suprised the game can run on my system at all' date=' being a wimpy 2.80ghz SINGLE core, 2gigs of ram (ddr2, old stufF) and an amazing gefore 7300 GT, mwhahah...also I think my video drivers need an update.

[url']http://img269.imageshack.us/i/lightshow.jpg/[/url] bwhahahah..

I do like how you can now edit options without the game going into a loading screen, now I just need to find the option that makes things not so blurry..fillrate I think but can't seem to find it. Oh I see, Aka 3D Resolution.

It would have been nice to have atleast one plane, that way people could see how they work and that the game does infact HAVE planes since many judge by demo's these days regardless of what the final product may look like.

Edited by NodUnit

Wow, I'm actually amazed at how uncrap the demo runs on my decidedly ageing rig.

I pulled 22 fps average in the benchmark with most options on high except AA normal, and PP on very high. This is at 1680 x 1050 100% fillrate.

This is on a

2.33ghz 6550 C2D

8800 GTS 640MB OC

2gb DDR2 800

I think it might actually run about as smoothly as arma did after all the mods.

I have to say with the demo, it feels as if a LOT of the things that made Arma feel a little stilted and not quite real have been addressed, there seems to be a bit more physicality in the game now. Still a few AI related issues though, but the micro-AI does seem to limit the Arma 1 level AI stupidity a bit. There's nothing like responding to fire by standing upright and turning your back on the source. ;)

All in all, I hope the full game runs nearly as well as the demo, and it might be time for me to OC my processor and buy more and faster ram.

Worked good for me.

I know what people mean about enemies being way too good. I love a challenge and no, I don't suck at the game. Its just when I'm lining up for a shot on a guy who's running and before I can pull off the shot (m24) he sees me while running across my screen, stops, aims and kills me all in less than 2 seconds.... with an AK (not exactly the most accurate weapon out there...) And that was at a good 150 meters.

But that is a very small price to pay and from what I've read can be changed. The AI behavior was great, the graphics were phenomenal, and the game play was very smooth. Props to you BIS. Now I just have to wait for the NA release. :)

erghh game keeps freezing up more often and often!

Just got this??

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: ArmA2Demo.exe

Application Version: 1.2.0.58127

Application Timestamp: 4a4219f4

Fault Module Name: XAudio2_4.dll

Fault Module Version: 9.26.1590.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 49bebf9f

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0002efbf

OS Version: 6.1.7100.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 5129

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Looks like a directX problem. Maybe try uninstalling directx and jst applying the newest version from there.

Can we have a guide on optimizing higher-end systems to run this correctly? I still don't get why people with 1/2 my specs are getting better results. Any help is appreciated.

QX9650 3.6ghz

4gb DDR3 1440

GTX260

Maximus Extreme x38

1010w PSU

Vista Ultimate x64

26" 1920x1200

I have everything on high except post processing, AA, and ASF are off. View is at 2400 I think. The Benchmark gave me like 24fps, and it hung up for like 5 seconds coming out of the woods.

Edited by VCheeZ

optimization isnt very good, im barely getting over 20 fps. the odd thing is the only thing that effects the frame rate significantly is the fillrate

optimization isnt very good, im barely getting over 20 fps. the odd thing is the only thing that effects the frame rate significantly is the fillrate

How do you see your FPS?

Remember how ARMA ran at release on high end machines? I'd bet my last dollar there'll be engine optimizations over the next few patches.

Whoa, 8000 viewdistance is a bit excessive isnt it?

2400 ...sorry I corrected my post :)

Looks like a directX problem. Maybe try uninstalling directx and jst applying the newest version from there.

hmm i have the latest directx 11 version and it should'nt be a problem :S

All other games run fine no crashes or BSODS, but arma 2 demo i keep getting freezes,crashes and BSODs

hmm i have the latest directx 11 version and it should'nt be a problem :S

All other games run fine no crashes or BSODS, but arma 2 demo i keep getting freezes,crashes and BSODs

Well there you go :P I see your problem. There is no such thing as DirectX 11. Not yet anyways :P

Surprised no one with SLI has tested the demo yet... does SLI/Crossfire work in the demo correctly? Is there a decent increase of fps?

After playing the demo and finishing all the scenarios, I'm very happy with it and will be buying the game.

The only thing I would like to see is MORE OPTIMIZATION!!!! make it run faster/smoother as it looks horrible and runs slow on Normal or High settings! As an example, Crysis and Warhead run faster (more fps) than ARMA2 and look better!

I'm sure there is more fps to be squeezed out!

Yapa

Well there you go :P I see your problem. There is no such thing as DirectX 11. Not yet anyways :P

sorry its directx 10.1

sorry its directx 10.1

I had newest DX10 but still had to update.

Im quite pleased with the results, I've set everything on very high with AA disabled, fillrate 100%, view distance set at 3.6 km and running at 1680x1050 with average of 38 fps. The Demo is great, its got more than enough content to keep you busy even if it is a demo.

Thanks BI for the demo! ;)

Im quite pleased with the results, I've set everything on very high with AA disabled, fillrate 100%, view distance set at 3.6 km and running at 1680x1050 with average of 38 fps. The Demo is great, its got more than enough content to keep you busy even if it is a demo.

Thanks BI for the demo! ;)

Why am I only getting 28fps on MEDIUM??????

Does the multiplayer feel clunky to anyone else? I see people skipping around and freezing up. I tried 5-6 servers with good ping and I have decent fps. Someone said this was normal. It is hard to believe a game that is already retail would leave their netcode so sloppy.

we downloaded the demo and it is running seamlessly. It is awesome. The commander system is awesome. Cant wait to get into MP missions with someone commanding the AI against us. WOW.. That is what CEX was hoped for.

Does the multiplayer feel clunky to anyone else? I see people skipping around and freezing up. I tried 5-6 servers with good ping and I have decent fps. Someone said this was normal. It is hard to believe a game that is already retail would leave their netcode so sloppy.

Ive been experiencing this issue also and dont know what it might be, I recieve good framerates while ingame, however, on a good ping server everyone seems to be bouncing around and lagging to the extreams, I've checked firewalls and everything too, and I havent seen any posts about lag in mp demo. I'm running win7/64, and this issue doesnt not occur to me in arma1 :(

its not the netcode , most of the servers are Peer to Peer

im sure you will notice a MAJOR increase in playability once the full game is released and people start making massive dedicated servers