492 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the demo?

• the demo is great
    • the demo is good
    • the demo is so-so
    • the demo is not good, I do not like the game
    • the demo is not good, I have problems installing it
    • the demo is not good, I have problems playing it

I have been playing the demo and I think it is brillant! but i have found a bug too and hope this is the correct place to report

I understand from the wiki the civilian ambients and place the module correctly in the editor some civilians appear and it works very well but some do not spawn correctly from their houses. They stand in the door way frozen and sunked like hans solo in carbonite!

It is a funny wierdness but they are not active ever and just stay there.

just a bug with the spawn maybe

I will be buying the full game soon will it be selling in the italian language but I could buy the english for my practise :)

thank you

benito

i just wish TRACK-IR was enabled in demo...

It is, I use it. There is a button somewhere in controller options where you can enable it if it is disabled.

I dunno if this was present in the full game, but in the CTI mission Death Valley, when you die, you respawn right ontop of your own body, which opens up a serious issue of spawn camping, either because someone wants to spawn camp, or you don't want the guy you just killed shooting you in the back 5 seconds later. I've only encountered this in servers running this mission, and it's something everyone complains about while in game.

Just one question, is it possilbe to save customized mission from editor for demo? It seems no such function is activated there.

Just one question, is it possilbe to save customized mission from editor for demo? It seems no such function is activated there.

No... its a demo... why would any sane developer would do that?

No... its a demo... why would any sane developer would do that?

Crytek did with Crysis.

Then again in Crysis demo you could only do a very small number of objects and such because it only included what was in the demo.

i just wish TRACK-IR was enabled in demo...

Hi GAU-8,

The Track-IR is available in the demo. I am using my Track-IR 4 with the demo.

Make sure that you have your Track-IR running before you start the game.

Once you are in the game and at the main screen, click the following:

Options => Controls => Controller

- Then you select (highlight) "Track IR" in the list.

- And lastly you would click the "Enable" button below.

Now you have Track-IR available in the game..

Hope this helps ;)

Enjoy :yay:

Edited by CID_Gen_Bondorf

Changing the name and editing the mission ought be be enough save it, but there's no big shiny save button. :D

Check also your D:/documents/ArmA 2 Demo Other Profiles/Yourname/MPMissions for your saved missions.

Edited by Dallas

I am needing some help here: In the demo there are no insertable campfires (empty>objects>fire). I am assuming this is because it is the demo, but can anybody confirm its inclusion in the full version?

The demo is absolutely awesome!!!

Thank you BI, the demo is excellent! Cheers for making it scaleable as to be able to playable on my ageing rig (as per sig). I'm sure on the larger missions it'll probably crawl to a halt, but at least I'm having ace fun with Trial by Fire. To those that are deliberating, I'd say give it a go, turn everything right down, install the 182 drivers and enjoy! I'd say that I'm having just as much fun as ArmA on higher settings.

Edited by ade_mcc

I am needing some help here: In the demo there are no insertable campfires (empty>objects>fire). I am assuming this is because it is the demo, but can anybody confirm its inclusion in the full version?

The demo is absolutely awesome!!!

Campfires are available in full yes. Both a "ignitable" and an already burning one.

Taken a little bit of playing around to get running as well as I have ArmA1 going but it's looking very promising. Even found myself 'in the MP zone' for a few hrs tonight, awsome, so i got to say well done BIS!

Curiously though, 'Prt Scr' pastes a pure black screen ??? is this a Demo thing or does the full version do this as well

Curiously though, 'Prt Scr' pastes a pure black screen ??? is this a Demo thing or does the full version do this as well

Yes, plenty of free apps for taking screenies.

the bloom is way overdone, on coludy days, the white clouds will glow and it looks like the whole sky is lighting up on you...

then i remember somewhere someone said (maybe suma) adjusting brightness or gamma will adjust the bloom a bit. so i reduce brightness to 0.5 and leave gamma at 1.0 and it looks a bit better to my eyes...

so if you have any problems with "white glows" try reduce the brightness, it might help

I am curious as to why the helicopters handle so differently in the demo than they do in the full version. In the demo the rudder seems to give you quite a bit of control over the direction the helicopter is facing, in the full version the rudder seems to do almost nothing once you hit even moderate speeds.

Edited by some kind of guy

I am curious as to why the helicopters handle so differently in the demo than they do in the full version.

How so? And what is it with all the people from perth on this forum? we should get a LAN party going sometime in this quaint city!

Bug in demo when trying to host, just so I could test the Warfare like demo mission. After a minute or so in the game I get a 'receiving' message on a black screen, and it just won't go away. Like, ever. Esc doesn't work and you have to quit the demo using alt+F4.

@Joseph Troska; in the full game you lose rudder authority by the time you reach 100 kph. In the demo, I could still yaw quite a bit even when traveling at 200 kph.

Hi all

You can not drop to the ground in less than 1 second.

Physics people. You are more than 1m tall. Earth's gravitational acceleration at sea level, 9.80665 meters per second per second.

Kind Regards walker

Maybe you can't, but I certainly can.

No Baff1 you just fantasise you can.

And thus the universe ignores you and continues to ensure that within earths gravitational field your gravitational acceleration at sea level is, 9.80665 meters per second per second, same as everybody elses.

Either that or you are less than 1m tall? Are you a child playing the game illegally? A person of small stature? Are you a double leg amputee? I apologise if this is embarrassing you. Are you always on your knees with your head bowed? Or do you walk in a permanent sub 1m tall crouch?

Baff1 I work as a climbing instructor. There is something called body tension that allows the best climbers to shift body weight from one foot to the other or from limb to limb on the rock without appearing to move. It involves compressing muscle groups to shift the liquids eg blood around the body. It requires phenomenal strength. This shifting of fluids use of body tension is used in extreme balance climbs, not the overhanging stuff, though body tension is very important there and that is where you aquire it. I am talking about the climbs where the climber is just off vertical and climbing on holds as small as matchsticks and pebbles. But even some one like Leo Holding or Johny Dawes or Catherine Desteville or Lin Hill cannot make gravitational acceleration at sea level change from its allotted 9.80665 meters per second per second.

Perhaps you can post a video on Youtube of you doing your less than a second to the ground dive?

Physics ignores stupid people and leaves it to evolution to clean up their mess.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Hi all!

I'm new to the ArmA forums, and hadn't played Armed Assault before yesterday. I was a big fan of OpFlash 1, and have followed some of the progress of ArmA2 (played ArmA only briefly).

I downloaded and installed the demo, and didn't really expect it to work on my PC (AMD 3500+, 2gb RAM, geforce 8800), but to my SUPRISE, it ran really quite well at 1280x1024.

What followed was a session on the most entertaining and realistic shooter I have EVER played. The body movement is so realistic, the way the head bobs. Argh, I could sit here and talk about every single point that makes ArmA 2 such a complete military sim, but I'm not. I'm gonna go back and continue making that custom mission on Utes.

The demo was a GREAT idea, the game works on my computer and I've already ordered it off Amazon. Can't wait to get into it.

Just had to sign up to the forums and say that this game rocks. Simple as.

Goodbye!

I liked it. Glad to see that Warfare (remember when we called it MFCTI?) is coded in right from day 1 and there are some better tools available for it.

OFP > Arma > Arma 2...man, I've been playing these games too long.

Like the Demo! No problems EXCEPT...

Building/fences/the land it self starts disappearing within 2-3 minutes.

I see heads with no bodies running around (and shooting me).

I'll see the dust/smoke from a tank but no tank.

Then I have to lower the texture detail which seems to cause it to reload

and then all is fine for a minute or two.

I also get the huge FPS loss with AA (minor problem).

But I seem the be the only one with this massive Texture Loss in minutes.

(As far as I've read here)

Low texture or Very High setting makes NO difference.

Running the benchmark the first half is fine... as the camera move across the

landscape in the last half the texture loss becomes very evident.

FPS is 31. so no complaints with FPS. Single player FPS 30-50.

Cpu Q9450 stock 2.66 gig.

4 gig ram

XpPro Sp2

Ati 4870 1 gig stock

CCC 9.6 drivers

1920 X 1200

Thoughts Welcome!

jmc

You can not drop to the ground in less than 1 second.

Physics people.

Physics ignores stupid people and leaves it to evolution to clean up their mess.

Hey that's a good point about going prone Walker! I love lessons in simple physics!!

On another note, and apologies for the offtopic, but if only people could apply the same principles of gravity and physics to the three (3) world trade center 'collapses'. In april this year an international group of nine scientists/physicists confirmed the presence of (active) nano-thermite materials in multiple dust samples from the wtc collapses. Here is the peer-reviewed, published paper, done out of the Dept. of Chemistry at the University of Copenhagen (2009 section).

Might explain the three buildings (1,2 & 7) accelerating through the path of most resistance, and falling at virtually free-fall speeds.

<shrugs>

Edited by Joseph Troska

I found the demo awesome, got quite a few flaws but still awesome.

The most annoying issues for me was AI apc/jeeps almost sniping you from sick distances, same goes for enemy AI foot soldiers. Another thing is AI foot soldiers proning in places where foliage blocks their view but still they shoot at you and often kill as you have no chance seeing them for bushes, trees and what not ;)

But i liked the demo so i decided to order retail which i installed right before making this post :p

I found the demo awesome, got quite a few flaws but still awesome.

The most annoying issues for me was AI apc/jeeps almost sniping you from sick distances, same goes for enemy AI foot soldiers. Another thing is AI foot soldiers proning in places where foliage blocks their view but still they shoot at you and often kill as you have no chance seeing them for bushes, trees and what not ;)

But i liked the demo so i decided to order retail which i installed right before making this post :p

That has been EXACTLY my experience as well.

I'm prone, next to a bole of a tree, with just head and shoulder sticking out and torso and legs behind it. I'm using Grenadier's M16 with M203 attachment and ACOG 4x scope. I see a jeep traveling in 3 o'clock direction (away from me to the upper-right) at 650m, beyond point target maximum effective range for that rifle, but still within area range. I engage the target, aiming very high to compensate for projectile drop, I see my rounds splash at the jeep...after two shots the gunner turns and pegs me in the head with the first shot. Me dead.

What is wrong with this picture? A prone figure, wearing camo, face down on the ground in grass next to a tree, at 600m away. Could you spot that without binoculars? Even with muzzle flash, would you see it clearly? Would you see it from the back of a moving jeep, with a mounted machinegun with no real sights to speak of.

The experience with the T-84 tank was even worse. I'm sitting in the gunner seat of the attack helicopter, we're banking sharply, and I die, then the camera zooms in on the tank. Considering the distance and the angle the chopper was at, the only way that tank could have shot at it was with the machinegun. Could a machinegunner on one of those snipe a co-pilot in an attack chopper doing a tight turn at high speed?

And of course the APC, whatever it's called, has such tight grouping and range that it's not even funny. I'm prone next to a tree again, and I hear a ratatatatat and I'm dead, then the camera spins and I see a perfect half-circle of bullet holes on the tree next to my head, with the other half is on my face. That was from approx 400m while the APC was in motion, the tree blocked it and by the time it came into view I had just enough time to see it before dying.

The people I was playing Coop with eventually all agreed that one of us shoots the tank and I shoot the jeep gunner, because that was the only chance we would have. If the APC or jeep were running around loose, they'd snipe people behind trees deep in the treeline with such ludicrous accuracy from such astounding range that the server host actually restarted the match if the AT guy missed his shot, it was pointless to continue.

And shooting through grass is definitely there. Same for shooting through bushes. I was in the town being attacked in a Coop scenario, next to a brick wall again with head and hand sticking out, and I was shot in the head by an infantryman at about 200m, which is fine, except he was prone too and shot me through the corona of a tree, two bushes and some grass. I never saw him. I never would have seen him if he set off a flair on his helmet and did a French can-can dance where he stood. Yet he saw me just fine.

And before you ask, this was not on highest setting, teammates were marked with green rhombus signs and I could use third person and artificial sights.

Overall, I am very impressed with the demo, the game looks absolutely lovely, controls nicely, and in general is quite enjoyable. However, this issue with accuracy on vehicles and technicals, as well as see-through grass and foliage for the AI really makes the game unenjoyable. I'm actually holding off on buying it until I know these two issues have been fixed, even though I absolutely loved the demo.