492 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the demo?

• the demo is great
    • the demo is good
    • the demo is so-so
    • the demo is not good, I do not like the game
    • the demo is not good, I have problems installing it
    • the demo is not good, I have problems playing it

Yeah I figured out the editor, its an awesome tool.

One question though, anyone else that have got really annoyed considering the ai pathfinding in cars/armor when in the same group? I am mostly talking about driving in a convoy, on the road (and in safe mode for armor)

Arma1 had the same problem in early stages, but got mostly solved somehow in a patch, although the armor was still running all over the place if they were trying to keep a column formation on the road.

Now, cars does the exactly same thing. If you stick three cars together in a group followed by a waypoint, they keep driving off the road, stop, trying to get back into formation, and again making a hard right/left to the ditch. (Just like if they were trying not to kill innocent bunny's running across)

I guess it's because they get too close to their leader sometimes so they need to make a quick stop? And sometimes, well, I guess they just really must love to drive offroad?

Is there anything you could do (in editor) to prevent this, or is it a bug that you just need to live with? And is it planned to be fixed? Anyone knows?

And another thing that really really makes me worried is the fact that in the v1.02 changelog you find "Version Highlights: Improved AI driving skills". Well, yes maybe, if they are alone?

Regards,

-PG-

So' I've played the demo again and every thing going fine. but the game fill so broken allot AI bugs . the AI act like dumbs. the online is havy lagy. the lip-sync very amatuer. I've got a filling that thise game go like the new SOCOM on the PS3, is been a year since the game still broken and they still patching it.

Only got as far as training missions, but noted an odd issues in basic training: while at the anti-tank range, the opfor from the MOUT course came over and shot me in the back, rather than wait until the next part of the mission!

I'm getting constant crashes to desktop, both in singleplayer and multiplayer. All the latest drivers for graphics and directx. Any suggestions?

Edit: If this is the kind of "stability" that is expected from the full game, I probably won't be buying it anytime soon... :(

Only got as far as training missions, but noted an odd issues in basic training: while at the anti-tank range, the opfor from the MOUT course came over and shot me in the back, rather than wait until the next part of the mission!

same happened to me, or, well, the OPFOR AI ran in front of me and the instructor, started shooting. Instructor hit the dirt, I brought out my M16 and popped the enemy.

Another OPFOR AI was moving across the tree line in front so I killed him as well. finished AT training, and went to MOUT with two less enemies to kill.

Never did that before.. Exept nowadays it does that with CoD 4 and now the ArmA 2 demo... :( its 420watt how to make it better? dumb question but does removing other games help? :D

Did you upgrade your hardware recently? New graphics card? Harddisk? RAM?

When you upgrade or add a new component to your PC, it will require you to increase your electricity Wattage (most of the time).

You got two options here:

1. Replace your PSU with a new one (example: 600 Watts)

2. Replace your PC components, with ones that use less watts.

I would advise you to replace your PSU, its a much cheaper option. :D

Removing games does not help. (You'll only have more harddisk space).

You have an electrical power problem, you do not have a harddisk space problem :D

Did you upgrade your hardware recently? New graphics card? Harddisk? RAM?

When you upgrade or add a new component to your PC, it will require you to increase your electricity Wattage (most of the time).

You got two options here:

1. Replace your PSU with a new one (example: 600 Watts)

2. Replace your PC components, with ones that use less watts.

I would advise you to replace your PSU, its a much cheaper option. :D

Removing games does not help. (You'll only have more harddisk space).

You have an electrical power problem, you do not have a harddisk space problem :D

I upgraded to a 9600gt but that was like 5 months ago and then everything was running good, the first time this accured is when i played Terminator Salvation then after some levels it didnt happen anymore so i thought it was the game.. Few Minutes ago i played ArmA 2 demo again and i could complete a level, but when i played MP for a while it did it again :(

btw i have 420watts and the 9600gt requires less so..

Demo is great ...but my pc sucks ass ! AMD X64 3800+ @ 2.2ghz,GPU Nvidia GF 8600 GT

i got around 25 FPS ..and 30 when i look at the sky lol

Your video card isn't capable of running shader model 3.

You would need to get a video card such as a Radeon 1950 with shader 3 support to run the demo.

does this mean i will ahve a problemw ith the game when it comes out?

Thanks for the demo. It even runs on my old computer which is way below the minimum system requirements. Not enjoyably, but it runs, and I can see some interesting improvements over Armed Assault.

I'm getting constant crashes to desktop, both in singleplayer and multiplayer. All the latest drivers for graphics and directx. Any suggestions?

Edit: If this is the kind of "stability" that is expected from the full game, I probably won't be buying it anytime soon... :(

If anything, the demo misisons will be the most stable and performance-friendly, from them all.....expect the full version to be worse.

I downloaded the file fine and then when i go to install it this is what happens.

I accecpt terms and conditions.

I click next on ArmA2 demo direction.

And i get an error saying this:

Unable to find setup01.bin

Please keep all setup.exe and all *.bin files at the smae directory

Anybody help me with this?

I like the demo. I can run the demo on all details on "normal" and then it is playable. However, the demo is a small area so I don't know about the full game. That area is much larger, but I doubt I can run everything on "normal" settings then.

Anyone that can confirm this?

Also it would be great to have at least 1 airplane in the mission editor so I could fly a bit.

Overall, I am very happy with the demo.

Is there a refresh rate thing I can modify? In arma lowering my refresh rate from 75 to 60 made the game a lot smoother at lower frames like 45-60

you can force it with RivaTuner: click!

Tried installing, and it cancels itself from the process. Here are the Errror Messages I'm getting. I hope that the file isn't corrupted, as it'll take me two hours to redownload it. I downloaded it from FileFront; anybody else have results similar to mine? Any advice on fixing the issue would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

ArmA 2 Demo Setup [X]

(X) Unable to find setup01.bin.

Please keep setup.exe and all *.bin files at the same directory.

[OK]

---After closing that window, this one appeared---

ArmA 2 Demo Setup [X]

Setup encountered an error.

Application may not work properly.

[OK]

I like the demo. I can run the demo on all details on "normal" and then it is playable. However, the demo is a small area so I don't know about the full game. That area is much larger, but I doubt I can run everything on "normal" settings then.

Anyone that can confirm this?

What map does the demo use, Utes only?

If so you will be unpleasently surprised once you set foot in Chernarus... if you played Armed Assault 1 Utes is Arma II's Ramadi and Chernarus is like North Sahrani with even larger forests, also the towns are not that big but they lag like hell.

btw i have 420watts and the 9600gt requires less so..
dude you need a better power supply, this is not enough 4 your graphics card. I can reccomend CORSAIR CMPSU-520HXEU (or 600): http://zasilacze.info/produkty.php?id=641&kategoria_id=243& its really cool and almost noiseless.

Kyle_K_ski:

download ArmA2 demo once again from here:

http://www.fangaming.com/download.php?fileid=6248

Edited by funkee

I observed during demo gameplay that post processing was visable through the scope of SMAW and SVD with settings of post processing OFF. I didnt check other scopes to see if they do the same, it was late when I noticed it.

This doesnt bother me, but I thought it was weird and unintended.

I'm getting constant crashes to desktop, both in singleplayer and multiplayer... Any suggestions?

yes. reinstall your operating system. the game is 100% stable on my rig.

while at the anti-tank range, the opfor from the MOUT course came over and shot me in the back, rather than wait until the next part of the mission!
got the same thing. Edited by funkee

I downloaded the file fine and then when i go to install it this is what happens.

I accecpt terms and conditions.

I click next on ArmA2 demo direction.

And i get an error saying this:

Unable to find setup01.bin

Please keep all setup.exe and all *.bin files at the smae directory

Anybody help me with this?

if you downloaded it from torrent then i suggest to not unpack the archive with WINRAR but with 7z www.7-zip.org

This demo is awesome..best demo ever...it even includes the mission editor...i can fool around..while waiting to have the arma2 copy, may be by tomorrow..:yay::yay::yay:

The AI seems to have UBER hearing ability !

I made several small tests with the mission editor and I was really surprised : at around 40-50 meters the bot will hear me behind him even when I am walking/crouching/crawling slowly (bat sense ?! :eek:).

Maybe the player in-game makes a lot of noise with all his gear on him, but the game doesn't give you the audio feedback...

if you downloaded it from torrent then i suggest to not unpack the archive with WINRAR but with 7z www.7-zip.org

I have the same issue but with the .exe file dowloaded from the AU http.

I gave up on the torrent file and spent 2 days getting the .exe

Any help to get a working file will be very helpfull.