492 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the demo?

• the demo is great
    • the demo is good
    • the demo is so-so
    • the demo is not good, I do not like the game
    • the demo is not good, I have problems installing it
    • the demo is not good, I have problems playing it

As a Huge ArmA fan I am saddened to say the whole thing was going fine until "launching". Then I get an error screen about the a 3D file thats missing.

I uninstalled and installed a bunch of times, I dunno. Arma and Op Flash work great.

and I have been waiting so long for this.

BB.

X3DAudio1_6.dll?

Please read first post...

Yea, I did.

so I reinstalled that, now it's loaded up.

I tried to post back quick but ya beat me to it, sorry I didn't know my DirectX needed a reload.

Quick look so far is mighty impressive. I lost audio but I am sure on a re-load it will return.

PS. these are the only guys that make a world where you FEEL like your in that field. For me, no game has that BIS vibe. Anyway.

At last now I know it actually runs on high on my laptop.

Cheers.

Tutorial instructions move too fast. They should wait for the user to acknowledge before moving to the next instructions. It would also be nice if they provided the user with basic knowledge of gameplay tactis, like stay in cover and when in doubt, crawl!

Other than that the game itself is amazing. A few bugs I found were: teammate AI got stuck trying to first aid a dead teammate. He was stuck in the first aid position AIstate over the dead guy and would not switch states no matter what (aww, even the AI gets afraid and sad). Another time half my squad got stuck pathing into another teammate who was wounded and they couldn't get away until I healed him myself. They were all bunched up around him. Everything else about the demo is great. After I play it on my home PC to ensure it runs and to see how well it handles co-op, I will be picking this game up for sure.

So, the tutorial was a little rough around the edges and the AI was a little buggy. For me the demo got the job done well, but I don't know if it would stand up to people with less patience than myself?

BongoBoy:

just install Microsoft DirectX9 Redistributable (even if you have DX10 or 11 already installed): http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/DirectX-9.0c-Redistributable-Download-3545.html

Tutorial instructions move too fast. They should wait for the user to acknowledge before moving to the next instructions
+1 Edited by funkee

I found a glitch(bug) yesterday when loading a save game. The sky is full of bloom. I mean the sky is whole white like a giant lightbulb. It didnt happen before, so I restart the game and the sky was all okey again. Then I tried to save and reload but it didnt happened anymore. maybe a fluke?

Sorry no screenies

Edit: I played the misssion TRIAL BY FIRE or was it TRIAL ON FIRE?

Edited by Mr_Centipede

With the help of the Arma2 tactics thread (a lot of what was explained in that post isn't explained at all in the game and I had no idea about... though a lot was general tactics stuff which is useless for AI), fixing my mouse lag through the mouse acceleration options in windows, I was able to finally beat the Trial by Fire mission!

Well, if I had smart AI teammates it would have gone better, and higher settings so I could see distant enemies better too.

But yeah, other than that it went well and I enjoyed it.

Problem for me is still that multiplayer is utterly broken. Most servers either don't know what kind of game they are setting up and have options such as "respawn where you die and no map" enabled, or is just set up so bad that there is never a direction on what to do.

Mr. Centipede: I had this bug too in pilot training, but when i switched choppers the problem was gone.

Edited by funkee

Thanks for your help. Nice to finally play this beast.

I am very happy so far, but the death camera is ruined ? NOoooo, I don't like that red blur screen at all. It's a tradition.

Love the graphics, sound.

Like the faster moving, like that blur effect.

I am expecting slowdown when it gets busy but this is a piece of art.

Nice work.

BB.

the demo mission death valley is riddled with bugs, and since its the main mp mission alot of folks are getting annoyed. for example, when you try to respawn at main base you end up respawning in the middle of nowhere indefinately, and when i aborted to try and rejoin the "ok" button was gone, so i couldnt rejoin and could only dc.

After messing around for hours with settings I found that putting post process defects on low helps with the texture flickering a little. Yes turning this on also turns on motion blur and even just blur generally but I can get used to that but the texture flickering I can't. I mean you are laying prone scanning a village for movement and all you see is flickering textures, there is no way you can scan for movement because even the houses, fences, shrubs and some trees are flickering so everything is moving.

I finally messed around with different graphic settings and found that the mouse acceleration and lag seems to be linked to what FPS you get. I dropped everything to low and the aiming and movement was perfect at 100-150 fps. I started bumping the graphics up tho and the mouse acceleration and delay started becoming noticeable even at 60-70 fps. Anything below 50 fps and it becomes alot harder to aim for me. My specs are 8400 oc to 3.6, 8800 gts 512, 4 gig ram, XP.

for some reason my download from the very first torrent is corrupted, this isnt fun as i spend 2 days download it with a crap speed :(

I've had Armor roll over several infantry in the High Command training :P lol

Its hard to find wich video setting give the best performance/graphics but I noticed my Quad core CPU Q9550 @ 2.8ghz is using 40-50% in-game but can go up to 85% when in the menu lol (because of the background I guess).

I am just curious why did the game doesnt take like 80% of the CPU in-game so it give better performance instead of taking only 40-50% and ramming with very high setting ?

Oh and as infantry, performance are good on "high" but whenever I look at water (ocean) or fly, it get bad!

Beside these performance problems, its a great game but very hard and I'm having lot of fun at infantry fight with friends.

Sometime it can be somewhat confusing to find out what we must do to complete a mission because if we miss the objective, we cannot see it again. Atleast I did not found how to see it again so far.

The possibility to salute, sit, aim down, etc. is very fun online :)

Edited by Skodz

A.I. cant seem to not crash the choppers in the demo. I put myself down as a insurgent and one Huey up in the air. I fire a few shots up in the air at it and each time it comes after me it hits the ground or runs into trees.

Oh and I am wondering, are all those Demo server online hosted on peoples PC wich would explain connections problems (LAG, I'm saying LAG, not ram!), will real game servers have good performance and end the LAG ?

The helicopter pedal/yaw controls are very strange. They only seem to work at really slow speeds or hover, but have minimal effects during forward flight. Why is that?

A.I. cant seem to not crash the choppers in the demo. I put myself down as a insurgent and one Huey up in the air. I fire a few shots up in the air at it and each time it comes after me it hits the ground or runs into trees.

Well they aren't exactly AI pilots, just grunts :D

anyone else get a "shader model 2 no longer supported" error?

if so how do i fix it?

anyone else get a "shader model 2 no longer supported" error?

if so how do i fix it?

Your video card isn't capable of running shader model 3.

You would need to get a video card such as a Radeon 1950 with shader 3 support to run the demo.

Hey, anyway we can drive or gun armor in the demo ? When I see one, there seems to be no option to drive it.

Skodz: Does that include in the editor as well? I haven't encountered a vehicle I couldn't operate yet.

Well I am in the big battle mission from the demo, I am actually a passenger in a LAV-25 but cant seem to take control of it.

Is there a refresh rate thing I can modify? In arma lowering my refresh rate from 75 to 60 made the game a lot smoother at lower frames like 45-60

Yea, I did.

so I reinstalled that, now it's loaded up.

I tried to post back quick but ya beat me to it, sorry I didn't know my DirectX needed a reload.

Quick look so far is mighty impressive. I lost audio but I am sure on a re-load it will return.

PS. these are the only guys that make a world where you FEEL like your in that field. For me, no game has that BIS vibe. Anyway.

At last now I know it actually runs on high on my laptop.

Cheers.

I got the same issue. Could you please tell how to reinstall it? Need to unstall the old DX at first ( I just couldn't find them in my PC ) and install the new one?

Well I am in the big battle mission from the demo, I am actually a passenger in a LAV-25 but cant seem to take control of it.

Certain missions can be and are rigged so that the player cannot take control of certain units and vehicles. If you go into the editor however you can place anything you can and do whatever you want.

By default you will be the commander of armor, don't forget to bring up your action menu to switch seats.