Sign in to follow this  
Tozmeister

Metagaming and ArmA2

So I'm playing a game of warfare yesterday. I'm in a T72 just approaching this ridge line in a town when an M1A2 pops over it at about 50 meters away. I get a shot on him and start reversing, he charges at me but doesn't fire. I get a second shot off but he's still coming at me and he starts ramming me. I get caught between him and a building and i'm being bounced around like a ping pong ball between the building and the Abrams as it keeps ramming me. After 20-30 seconds my T72 has had enough and explodes leaving me to respawn and he's laugh about it in global channel.

I felt a bit miffed at this, did this guy have no gun (damaged/out of ammo) and was he deliberately exploiting a bad physics engine where he knew he couldn't win conventionally?

I've come back to ArmA from EvE Online where i've been involved in the BoB Vs. Goons wars for years and I've seen first hand the lengths ppl will go to to win. Any amount of TS spys, forum hacking, covert and sleeper agents doing sabotage from the inside as well as out of game insults and harassment.

Is It me or is there a general slide in gaming circles to win-at-all-costs and never mind how you you do it? What implications might this have for ArmA2 and any leagues that i'm sure will soon be starting up?

All is fair in love and war!

Don't get angry because he killed you that way, just go grab an RPG and ruin his tank!

All is fair in love and war!

Don't get angry because he killed you that way, just go grab an RPG and ruin his tank!

I will like to see did you have same opinion when your Boyfriend cheating on you. :yay:

I will like to see did you have same opinion when your Boyfriend cheating on you. :yay:

Oh noes a homosexual insult joke!

..Metagaming to the same level of EVE not even close...but that doesn't rule out someone on TS on your side slipping the enemy your side's base locations, FOBs, etc.....so yes may be possible to metagame that way...but that is really just cheating IMO..

At least in this type of game I think it is and not like EVE's universe where it's part of the gaming experiece to fully expect there to be spies within corporations/alliances the size of Goon and BoB ...anyway... I digress... heh

L8r,

eem

(Forte Hauler <DVOID>)

Edited by EEM

I agree, It is cheating.

But there are those that will defend there actions by saying spies and spying is very much a part of the modern battlefield and how much they really care about a lack of e-honour in an internet game of toy soldiers.

May be i'm being pessimistic and need an in game mod of a sign to carry round with "The end is nigh" on it.