Sign in to follow this  

I have been running Sahrani in arma 2 by porting over the files directly into a mod folder. Im still getting a few missing textures, minor ones like writing on one of the signs.

Infact Sahrani works so well, it must have been tested with this new engine version.

Now im sure someone will mod this to make it easier for noobs but this is what I did:

Go to your arma 1 directory and extract :

buildings.pbo/ plants.pbo/ roads.pbo/ rocks.pbo/ sara.pbo

rename all but sara.pbo by putting CA infront, eg: CArocks.pbo

(dont rename sara.pbo)

Place the mod folder in your main Arma 2 directory.

Create a shortcut from Arma 2, add the line -mod=@sahrani

Then run the editor and select sahrani, works for me, and I can turn all the settings right up to full.

So the question is, is there anything else I might have to port over that I havent? The few missing textures, are they something to do with the later arma patches, so thats why they are missing?

I can see Evolution Blue running great like this, just with the new AI, would make for lots of fun on a server ;-)

I'm impressed, Sahrani feels alot more better. Your FPS stays high with everything maxed and still a smooth game play. few bugs but hardly noticable. I didnt use the mod thing, just placed them in my addon folder and there it works! yay. I'm thinking about if we can import vehicles like the stryker also.

The thing that kills Sahrani in arma2 for me is the AIs unability to use the roads.

Try it and you see what I mean..

Buy ArmA I. You'll need the original files for the CAA1 project as well as if you want to use Sahrani without any config improvements in ArmA II.

it doesnt run on my comp. i downloaded the demo and it wouldnt run. found many people with the same prob. there was no video just a black screen. not gonna buy a game i cant play.

its bad enough arma 2 has the 8gb ram texture problem :(

Guest RKSL-Rock
it doesnt run on my comp. i downloaded the demo and it wouldnt run. found many people with the same prob. there was no video just a black screen. not gonna buy a game i cant play.

its bad enough arma 2 has the 8gb ram texture problem :(

Have you tried running it withthe -winxp switch on the exe?

Im running 8Gb Ram and an ATI 4890. Without the switch i have problems. With it no problems at all.

it is also my opinion

vac.jpg

A340 flight to Sahrani in A2

I'm impressed, Sahrani feels alot more better. Your FPS stays high with everything maxed and still a smooth game play. few bugs but hardly noticable. I didnt use the mod thing, just placed them in my addon folder and there it works! yay. I'm thinking about if we can import vehicles like the stryker also.

Have you tried running it withthe -winxp switch on the exe?

Im running 8Gb Ram and an ATI 4890. Without the switch i have problems. With it no problems at all.

yup arma 2 runs fine, i use the winxp thing. it seems silly that it doesnt just work regardless

but arma 1 refuses to work at all. so no buy and therefore no arma 1 files

Strange .. seems like kju changed the download conditions. Well ... ok, it's better to provide the files in total. *thumbs up*

ok so if i dl all the files off the server link and put them in folders like the instructions say i can play all those arma 1 maps in arma 2? sorry im new to this, just trying to understand exactly. thnx :D

---------- Post added at 03:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 AM ----------

ok it almost worked. i downloaded everything and extracted to the proper folders.

however on launch it says i need "ofp compatibility addon"

then when i go to the editor i have several utes listed and a chernarus. the utes load as utes but when i exit it says i cant play/edit because its dependent on dlc that has been deleted.mapname

wtf???

how can i load these maps :mad:

Go to your arma 1 directory and extract :

buildings.pbo/ plants.pbo/ roads.pbo/ rocks.pbo/ sara.pbo

rename all but sara.pbo by putting CA infront, eg: CArocks.pbo

(dont rename sara.pbo)

Place the mod folder in your main Arma 2 directory.

Create a shortcut from Arma 2, add the line -mod=@sahrani

Then run the editor and select sahrani, works for me, and I can turn all the settings right up to full.

When I do this the Island doesn't show in the Editor any ideas?

The only way I had it working so far was just to copy sara/roads/rocks/plants directly into AddOns and it works fine but obviously I need to remove this to play online again.

UPDATE

Never mind I found another thread and it works

C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@Modename\AddOns

Edited by HOPEnSPIRIT

@ AnimalMother92

Read the install guide mate. ;)

ah sorry wow, i was being dumb. made a typo in the mod line. got em all working now.

aside from all the missing/floating buildings the maps are really cool!

i like the desert feel

sweeet 30+ fps at 10000m viewdistance in ARMA2 sahrani, Never thought i'd say this :yay:

Chernarus is still a problem for me however :(

> missing/floating buildings

Screenshot? Where?

Hi kju.

I'm getting a lot of missing buildings with the latest version via yoma's addonsync2009. Is this to be expected, as i didn't see much on the bug tracker about missing buildings?

** Update **

my fault. this was caused by an ";" at the end of my mod list in the target line of the A2 shortcut.

Edited by stun

yes it is a A320 :p

can you post a A340 picture please :icon_wink:

maps for A1 work in A2 :

maps.jpg

;)

That's not an Airbus A340. More like a A319/A320.

Anyway, Sahrani in A2 is much, much better. Thank you for this.

Edited by colonel well