Sign in to follow this  
kiptanoi

Looking for something to start with

Hi, I have played this ArmA2 now in singleplayer mode, and want to check out multiplayer.... so where do I start and what to play at the beginning.

I am not so good at the game yet, so a soft start would be nice?

Any suggestion?

Perhaps start in a game involving Coop vs AI like Evolution (not everyone's particular favorite, but good for those looking to start) if it's available for ArmA 2 (I dunno as I do not have the game yet). Also due try to stick with well known communities, like Tactical Gamer whom do well with teamwork, and if you have any trouble, they will help you and/or offer advice, so don't be afraid to ask.

To be honest, i have kind of skipped the singleplayer, apart from training and threw my self straight into multiplayer 2 days ago. Yes i was a wide eyed donkey when i first started but only 2 days on and its all starting to come together.

Jump into any server, try pick the nearest group of people and support them. Dont try fly anything unless u have had practice in SP. Most importantly, ask questions when u are unsure, every1 has helped me out soooo much lately to bring me upto speed with how things work!

:)

Hello,

For ther first timer whom may have had previous FPS online experience I too would recommend Evo or Domination as these have more in common with COD/BF2 thought processes than other MP missions.

They may not show off Arma2 in all its sim glory, but its a good place to start, before moving onto a harcore mish.

Not for everyone, I know, but as a way to cross over from the darkside to the light, its a smoother intro into the franchise.

rgds

LoK

Well... thanks... but was is everything then?

What is human vs human and what is human vs AI except coop missions

CTI.... human vs human?

and is all type that is coop human vs AI?

and what is Evoloution?

and what is Domination?

Noone knows at there own forum. thats really something.

Cause answering all is very long and a lil search will give you many answers already

For a start : CTI is player+AI vs player+AI, coop is human(+AI) vs AI, Evo is human vs AI, Domination is human vs AI

Hello there

@ OP: Ouch!, no need for sarcasm there matey.

You have to remember that the board doesnt revolve around you and you alone and that some of us have other things to do than read and reply to every post on the board.

Again a quick search would have assisted you and helped you get playing faster.

To answer some of your questions:

Evo and Domination are (mainly) Co-operative missions which span the length and bredth of the play area.

Both maps have features and playstyles individual to themselves and you may prefer one to the other.

The main aspect is to recapture towns from existing enemy forces.

Each Session can take from a few hours to days to complete depending on players/settings/skill/tactics etc.

Again, do a search to find more in depth details.

As to CTI i dont want to answer as I have never played it and dont know enough to comment.

Coop usually refers to Humans vs AI but there are team Hume vs Hume types out there.

Hope this helps you a bit

Rgds

LoK