Sign in to follow this  
Nickos

AI Surrender

Well, my friend lend me a copy of ARMA 2 (The Friend From UK) and during single player campaign some of the enemies surrendered. I didn't knew what to do so i simply shot them. Is there a more peaceful way of dealing with them, or the only solution is a bullet to the brain?

Edited by Nickos

Bullet to the brain :D

Kill the bast*rds! Scrap the Genievavaveava convention! Vodkaaaaa!!!

AK47!! Boom boom pow!

Ummm. oops. don't know what came over me there. But i can't be bothered to backspace it. lol.

There is also a module within the editor that allows the AI to surrender, but i also am not sure how to correctly deal with them. Any one know?

Thanks.

And i thought i would be able to drink vodka with them xD Just like in some battle in history, when the fighters where killing each other in the daylight, while partying during nighttime

Once AI surrenders they don't take up arms again, so you can just leave them.

Once AI surrenders they don't take up arms again, so you can just leave them.

Your aproaching a russian officer in your bad ass tank. In fear he stumbles and puts his trusty AK47 to the ground. Thinking he has surrendered you proceed on with your mission.

The little Fu*ker picks up an RPG-7 and pulls the trigger.

Damn, thats gotta hurt.

Well, I heard that in the upcoming ACE2 mod for ArmA 2 there will be additions to this prisoner function thing.

It even works for player vs player matches. A player can surrender, and hit the button for his hands to be in the air, and you can tell him via VON or area text chat or whatever to drop all his gear. You can use a "search" action as well, to make sure that he is not hiding any weapons or a radio. He can talk to his team about your force's strength etc if he has a radio, you may be able to hear him though, and that would probably equal a bullet in the face :(

Also, I think if he has a microphone and you take the prisoner with you and try to like ambush or be stealthy, he can scream really really loud and betray you guys LOL! :D This also probably equals a bullet in the face :(

Anyway thats what I read on Shack Tactical's ArmA 2 ttp2 guide, great source and interesting read, and I trust their judgement. I must ask this on the ACE2 thread in this forum as well!

EDIT: If the prisoner you take is human, as in a player vs. player match, you can shout orders to him with your mic, such as "Get in the ural now!" or anything you want. Just make sure it has a driver and he doesn't make off with it!

Then i'll try to be prisoner NR.1 :rolleyes: I'll give up *cough, cough* fake *cough, cough* positions to enemies, then blow myself up when they'll try to search me. Or somethin' like this

This thread (and that other one about prisoners) make about as much sense as a vampire doing back flips out of a c130 while throwing nunchucks...

And your intelligence is as great as of a fly trying to get friends with Venus Flytrap

back to the topic, does anyone know how to make Surrender Module work?

I put one on the map, but non of enemy surrendered besides some got pick by SLX heal functions...

back to the topic, does anyone know how to make Surrender Module work?

I put one on the map, but non of enemy surrendered besides some got pick by SLX heal functions...

If I remeber right you have to syncronize the groups or units you want to surrender to the module. AND they wont surrender just because you show up...the likeliness of surrender will rise the lower the ranks and skill of a unit and the losses the squad suffered.

So do I need to synchronize each group leaders or each units?

Sorry for asking because Wiki didn't teach the details.

only group leader, the rest of the group will be affected too.

It would cool if you could play like Swat 3/4 and have to handcuf them and police their weapons or somone might pick a gun up and do something stupid. I guess in Takistan you'll be putting the hood over their head as well before some spook picks them up and "questions" them.

There is a mission script (setcaptive) that can allow you to capture surrendered enemies, which places them under your command. It's actually been around since OFP.

You can order them to follow you, move to locations, board vehicles, etc. This script was used in Evolution missions in Arma 1. In Evolution, you could herd prisoners back to base to gain bonus points. If captured enemies moved too far away, you lost control of them.

Players can be captured too, if the mission is set to allow it. There was an old OFP mission where you were captured and ordered around by Soviet troops; they would shoot at you if you tried to run away or pick up a weapon.

I can rather understand how some people might have trouble deciding how to deal with surrendered AI. After all, one's own friendly AI are sometimes rather uncertain on the matter.

I usually walk up to the surrendered parties, and have a rather quick and unrewarding chat, just for form's sake. On one occasion, as I walked up to this surrendered Chedaki bloke, one of my own fellows let rip at him with a Mk48 when I was about six feet away from him. A bit surprising, and I was actually a bit pissed.

Also, I made a scenario whereby I had a bunch of marines assaulting a position. On the objective, I discovered a Chedaki who was lying badly injured. I told the corpsman to patch him up. That done, the Chedaki stood up, dutifully put his hands on his head, and then he fell to the ground, a little more definitively than before. An automatic rifleman some distance away had let rip with a Minimi, nearly taking me and the corpsman out at the same time.

I have also seen some enemies without weapons fleeing the battlefield on occasion. I wonder if these are surrendered enemy who have decided to do a runner (given the AI's occasional trigger-happiness, I cannot blame them), or if they ditched their weapons without surrendering, the better to get the hell out of the area?

If your sqaud kills surrendering AI, it's your fault for not ordering hold fire.

and what if there are still active enemies around? no, your "solution" does not work, and i doubt you've actually tried it because the steps required to do all that is beyond cumbersome.

this is sorta on subject (surrender) but not with ai. I tried to surrender online today (i know im a wuss for doing that, just wanted to see what the guys did) and i would put my hands behind my head, and immediately put them back down. i tried holding, double tapping, all that but it just dosen't work!

this is sorta on subject (surrender) but not with ai. I tried to surrender online today (i know im a wuss for doing that, just wanted to see what the guys did) and i would put my hands behind my head, and immediately put them back down. i tried holding, double tapping, all that but it just dosen't work!
Well I often got shoot by players in this position Unfortunately surreder does not exist in MP and also not in SP for players...for the animation just make sure no other inputs interfere...safest is to put the surrender action onto a permanent input device like a slider or axis.