Sign in to follow this  
Suchy_

PiLfIuS profile for ArmA2

Is there a way to prevent Pilfius from activating when voice comms are tansmitted (ie: mute Pilfius when I key my mic for Vent)?

Yes, open profile then on bottom right goto "options" and then select "Push to activate" and then assign a key of choice for Pilflus with the key option underneath. So like a proper comms you have to press and hold the key you assigned to open Pilflus to listen, let go, and its muted again. And with other software assign to another key. Remember to press the green + sign to save this setting before you exit.

Also anyone on other O/S having issues try this and also un-tick "Use confidence threshold" under the settings section as this can second guess and get it wrong more often than not, have it unticked. And train the Voice section of your software a lot before hand.

Other than that I don't know what to suggest other than alternatives that are mentioned above, but I know it works mint in XP and people have it working in Vista. I use to use shoot many moons ago with Ghost Recon :) But I found setting profile up a bit fiddly, but if it works then it works.

Edited by mrcash2009

Hey there,

I was going to pick up ARMA 2 again with the new patch, and I did really want to use a voice control software.

Unfortunately PilFIus does not like to work with windows 7... Shoot does however! It will need some tweaking though, or you'll get an error when trying to open the .xml files. I'll tell you in a few simple steps. I didn't come up with this but it took me some searching to find this. Tested on my own PC, with Windows 7 Professional x64.

1. To get Shoot (1.6.4) to work in Windows 7 download it here: http://clans.gameclubcentral.com/shoot/downloads.php. Just take the one labeled 'Shoot 1.6.4 (211 kb)'.
  2. Unzip the package to the folder of your choice.
  3. Install the ".NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package" (http://www.google.nl/search?q=dotnet+1.1). Windows will complain that there is known incompatability with some ISS thingy. I have absolutely no clue what it is or if it could cause harm. Do this at your own risk!
  4. In the Shoot folder you'll find a file named "shoot.exe.config". Open that file in notepad.
  5. Remove all of the text in the file
  6. Paste the code below into the file, save the file and presto, it should work in Windows 7!

<configuration>
<system.diagnostics>
<trace autoflush="true">
<listeners>
<clear/>

</listeners>
</trace>
</system.diagnostics>
<startup>
<supportedRuntime version="v1.1.4322"/>
</startup>
<runtime/>
</configuration> 

Since the people over here already made nice profiles in PiLfIuS I decided to create a simple tool to convert PiLfIuS .lcl files to shoot-compatible .xml files.

You can find it here http://www.filefactory.com/file/a15973c/n/PiLfIuS_to_Shoot_1.1.jar

Feedback is welcome!

Edited by Pozo
typo

This morning I heard about an application called GlovePIE which can control multiple controllers at the same time such as TrackIR, various joysticks and controllers designed for consoles. GlovePIE can also handle spoken commands and it even supports different languages if the user has installed the right speech recognition software.

GlovePIE might be an alternative for those who have problems with the better-known voice control tools. Here is a link: http://carl.kenner.googlepages.com/glovepie

I can't get the PiLfIuS working! I have the error which says that I have no speech recognition engine installed. I downloaded SpeechSDK51.exe from this (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5e86ec97-40a7-453f-b0ee-6583171b4530&displaylang=en) site and installed it. PiLfIus still says this. Have I downloaded wrong file or what should I do? Please help me!

I can't get the PiLfIuS working! I have the error which says that I have no speech recognition engine installed.

Whats your OS , Vista or W7 ? Maybe you should try Shoot.

I can't get the PiLfIuS working! I have the error which says that I have no speech recognition engine installed. I downloaded SpeechSDK51.exe from this (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5e86ec97-40a7-453f-b0ee-6583171b4530&displaylang=en) site and installed it. PiLfIus still says this. Have I downloaded wrong file or what should I do? Please help me!

Did you do any registry fixes? If you did, it spoils the SDK engine. Always have to reinstall the SDK software whenever I fix my registry.

@Thales, is Shoot dependant on microsoft SDK engine too? Or is it 100% independant? sick and tired of reinstalling everytime I fix my registry.

@Thales, is Shoot dependant on microsoft SDK engine too? Or is it 100% independant? sick and tired of reinstalling everytime I fix my registry.

No, its dependant on MS, i think there are some 100% independant options but they arent free as these two.

Edited by thales100
lol just checked Pozo`s post - its all there.

asonnoguchi,

I use Glary Utilities to clean my registry at irregular intervals and it doesn't seem to interfere with speechSDK5.1. My OS is XP Pro 32.

Z.agge,

SpeechSDK5.1 only works with WIN XP, so I assume, this is the OS you are using. I suggest to uninstall Pilfius completely. This includes a check for any remains of this program on your computer. Then, you may want to "train" your SpeechSDK just to make sure it works. Then, you can re-install Pilfius (perhaps after downloading it again from another source) and try it out. If it still doesn't work, you can consider alternatives. Thales suggested Shoot, but VAC might also work for you. VAC is not free but the software is still supported and there is a help forum you can use. In most forums it is considered polite to provide information about your computer and what you have already done to resolve your problem. This helps people to help you.

SpeechSDK5.1 only works with WIN XP, so I assume, this is the OS you are using.

Yes the MS speech recognition system is already included in Vista / W7 (english, any version).

Edited by thales100

Just adding to Pozo`s post :

Download Shoot Profile Editor v2.0 - http://www.ghostaholic.com/datas/users/1948-shootprofileeditorv2.zip

Download sample Arma 2 profile for Shoot - http://www.mediafire.com/?igjzjmwgdiy

Note : Check alpha-kilos sig (posts #53 / #58 of this thread) , its an excellent table of key commands for Arma 2. Very useful to create / edit your A2 profile to run Shoot or any other similar software.

Edited by thales100

Didnt know about this addon by Suchy, it allows to disable player voice, you can choose "No Voice" in user profile.

Its cool when using voice recognition software to command your team, your character won't repeat everything you say at the mic.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8325

Edited by thales100

I'm using Windows Vista Home Premiun 32 -version (Finnish), which should already include the speech recognition engine(?), but I still can't get PiLfIuS working... I also tried VAC, but it also said that I have no Sound recognition engine installed. Now trying Shoot.

Edit: I just downloaded Shoot 1.6.4, .Net Framework resources and SAPI 5.1 compatible speech recognition engine from the Shoot-homepage. I installed them, but still Shoot sais that I have no engine installed. Anyone else got the same? This is weird and annoying problem. If somebody knows a good Sound Recognition Engine which doesn't require SAPI, I'd give it a try.

Even more edit: I think the problem is my finnish version of Vista. There's built-in speech recognition system in English, Japanese, Chinese and Spanish versions of Vista, but in other versions it doesn't exist and seems to be impossible to install. Correct me if I'm wrong or if you have different experiences.

Edited by Z.agge

Even more edit: I think the problem is my finnish version of Vista. There's built-in speech recognition system in English, Japanese, Chinese and Spanish versions of Vista, but in other versions it doesn't exist and seems to be impossible to install. Correct me if I'm wrong or if you have different experiences.

Yeah, i think itll work only on english versions of Vista, mine is portuguese but as its Ultimate i installed the english language pack, and Shoot runs perfectly fine.

Edit: You may try VR COMMANDER - http://www.vrcommander.com/Download.html , it doesnt require the MS SRS and i remember i have suceesfully tested it on Vista - the license after the 15 days trial costs U$ 9.95.

Edited by thales100

Thanks for advice Thales100! Works well with me after some trying 8) I truly recommend this for people who share the same problem with me. I'm currently trying to make a template for ArmA 2. If somebody knows where to find one or has good advices, please contact me 8) It's progressing slowly, because I have finnish keyboard and VRCommander supports only US keyboard.

thanks guys for this thread, im constantly amazed by this community and the amount of coolness that goes on here. Ive been using shoot for a while, but now i will try pilfius and compare results thanks mrcash!

One thing i should mention is that i was using a registry cleaner to do a "deep scan" of my reg, and it was removing something each time i ran it that caused the the SAPI 5.1 to not work. Also with shoot you will need .net framework 2.5 or higher , so watch for these

also i added, a target group and voice command "target" "2" and "no target" "2, 1" to the voice commands

Edited by maj_woody

I'm having this error everytime I try to load the profile and when I go to settings in the program.

semttulowz.png

Im running with Windows 7 64bits

Somwthing I noticed about Win7 and PilfIuS:

If my USB mic is unplugged and I try to launch the application, I get this same msg. If I reboot, plug in my mic, the application launches normally.

Win7 speech itself appears to not want to launch at all once PilfIuS has puked (ie: no mic).

Always making sure my mic is connected before launching PilfIuS seems to resolve the issue.

In case it's of help to anyone here is an alternative app (free) So far it seems to work pretty well with XP.

The app is called Game Commander 2, and can have different "sets" of keybinds saved on a per app/game basis. IE different voice commands for diff keybinds saveable as "profiles" per each different game. Offers voice activated/ hold key to speak, or tap to speak then tap to stop speaking.. Hold to speak seems to work closest to what I would expect.

Still tweaking some of the delays between stacked keypresses for more complicated "serial" commands, Eg select team red then do something team red, but so far it seems to be a nice free app that does a pretty good job, with little to no voice training.

This app has been around for awhile so doesn't officially support xp, but no problems to report, might even be worth trying on Vista or whatever, I believe it's directx based?

http://www.tucows.com/preview/364262

Gen

Hi all

Thought this video should be in here:

So Pilfius does work with ArmA 2.

Kind Regards walker

Walker, sure Pilfius works with Arma2... the problem is Windows 7.

I had the same problem that some others did - Pilfius recognizes my commands perfectly, but when I switched to Arma2 (or any other application) the commands stopped working.

On the contrary, VAC worked perfectly in my Win7 x64 but it's not free. BUT Shoot is free and it works! Just had to install NET Framework 1.1 and the alternative config, following instructions written by "Pozo", few pages earlier in this thread.

Osku,

Pilfius was created long before the launch of Win7 and it has been abandoned by the author. If it doesn't work for you and the community cannot help you, you will have to look for an alternative.

Vac seems to be a stable product and there is a good forum - I would recommend VAC, and the price is not very high. Last time I checked it was 18USD.

Shoot is also an old program, but if it works for you, I don't see why you shouldn't go on using it. Shoot is still very popular among ArmA players.

If you are looking for a free alterative to Shoot, you may want to punch GlovePie into your favourite search engine. Voice control is just one of many applications of this software. It has been tested in ArmA2 and it workls well. GlovePie has an active forum if you need any help with it.

The problem isnt Pilfius. Pilfius works just fine. It seems that Windows 7-s speech reqognition isnt sending anymore keyboard commands into some applications. For example "Enter" is a command that speech reqognition executes but doesnt send it into Arma. And i tested other games also. -window doesnt help, 32-bit software works. So what makes Arma2 and eg. Mount and blade such special applications that speech reqogniton rejects them?

The problem isnt Pilfius. Pilfius works just fine. It seems that Windows 7-s speech reqognition isnt sending anymore keyboard commands into some applications.

In order to make that statement correct, have you tested any other speech recognition for games software other than Pilflus? And, did they work and send the keystrokes? If they do then its Pilflus, if they all dont then its Win7.