Sign in to follow this  
Suchy_

PiLfIuS profile for ArmA2

All I can say is what is your "recording options" in the mixer for windows 7.

Make sure you have it set (ticked) to microphone in "recording" menu, slider for mic full up. Also maybe try having Pilflus set to "push to activate" a bind a key for it. If not it will pick up all sorts and not just specific voice (open and on all the time).

I have not got windows 7 (just XP i'm running it under). Maybe you need to run it in Administrator mode or something? When you use it wile the game is running when you alt-tab does the "Last recognised command" little blue window in Pilflus show it recognised what you said?

AS said other than that it clearly wasnt written with Windows 7 in mind, this latest version is more than a year old.

Not understanding what you mean with the recording options, anyway the program is picking up the words just fine, it is detecting what I'm saying and when I say something that it is in the command list, that word appears in the windows speech recognition window, so it's definitely detecting the words I'm saying and getting them from the list, but it isn't pressing the keys though. I had already tried running as an administrator but thanks for the suggestion, I have also tried to run in compatibility mode but it doesn't work, maybe it's not from being windows 7 but from being 64 bits.

That's the same problem I'm having. Ive searched around a bit and I think pilfius only works on xp and not vista / 7.

Do you have 64 bits or 32 bits version?

Not understanding what you mean with the recording options, anyway the program is picking up the words just fine, it is detecting what I'm saying and when I say something that it is in the command list, that word appears in the windows speech recognition window, so it's definitely detecting the words I'm saying and getting them from the list, but it isn't pressing the keys though. I had already tried running as an administrator but thanks for the suggestion, I have also tried to run in compatibility mode but it doesn't work, maybe it's not from being windows 7 but from being 64 bits.

I'm using Vista 64 bit. All machines i have are 64 bit, so I'm afraid i cant test it on 32bit.

Following Suchy's suggestion I uploaded it to mediafire. Please try this link:

www.mediafire.com/?0mhhgmj5tyk

The name of the file is "Sprachsteuerung_VoiceCommands_0.2.xls".

Wow this is very useful and well layed out.

Id suggest anyone to grab this even if its just for a table of key command, nice job mate. :)

Tried Pilflus too with Win7 / 64 without success, then i tried that VAC and it works like a dream, easy to configure and makes the game A LOT more smoother to use

Apparently it is a 64bits problem, need to try VAC to see if it works.

Oh I KNOW..... Pilfius turn off use confidence threshold. It's much more picky on figuring out stuff than most others. I had your same problem, then I shut that off, and it just worked.

Like I said a couple of times the voice recognition is working just fine, the words are being detected, what it's not working is the keys that are not being pressed when the word is detected, also I already tried that threshold thing and it didn't fix it. BTW if you need to turn of the confidence threshold you probably haven't trained the recognition system enough.

Okay, after a lot of pain, I decided to parse out the Pilfius command list that was originally posted. I tried using the list that was published in spreadsheet form, but that's far more commands than what is in the Pilfius file.

so It's up on a website in digestible form.

Pilfius Commands

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

Like I said a couple of times the voice recognition is working just fine, the words are being detected, what it's not working is the keys that are not being pressed when the word is detected, also I already tried that threshold thing and it didn't fix it. BTW if you need to turn of the confidence threshold you probably haven't trained the recognition system enough.

I've read every story to my computer to train it. It works great with other software, dictation etc.... but Pilfius just goes "huh?"

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Windows 7 is still a big pile of bugs. Drivers aren't done for it, would avoid it like the plague. I reinstalled XP dual boot and all my windows 7 headaches vanished. Game runs faster too.

Wow this is very useful and well layed out.

Id suggest anyone to grab this even if its just for a table of key command, nice job mate. :)

Thank you very much, I am glad you find it useful!

Do you have any ideas about improving the list? I am still struggling with the context sensitive menus, and the questions I asked in this list.

Great work dude. That ones going on my desktop.

Re the 64 bit issue, VAC works fine for me both in and out of Arma2 on windows 7 64 bit and Vista 64 bit. I've had no issues at all.

VAC totally rocks and i got the feeling that it is especially designed for gaming purposes, been using it for a day now and i dunno how i've survived this far without it :D

Only once it has failed me cause i coughed a bit and my gunner then targetet a cow and shot it lol.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

[/color]

I've read every story to my computer to train it. It works great with other software, dictation etc.... but Pilfius just goes "huh?"

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Windows 7 is still a big pile of bugs. Drivers aren't done for it, would avoid it like the plague. I reinstalled XP dual boot and all my windows 7 headaches vanished. Game runs faster too.

That's weird my voice recognition works fine without messing with the confidence threshold, but I have read both training texts and did the tutorial, and messed around with it in the windows so maybe is just my voice recognition that as more training hours, anyway the more you use it the better it gets so in some time from now maybe you won't need to mess with the confidence threshold, although it doesn't really make that much of a difference since at least as far as I have tested when I mess with the confidence threshold the program still recognizes the right words.

When was the last time you tested windows 7? The only problem I had so far with windows 7 RC1 was with my sound card drivers, but all I had to do was to install them in compatibility mode and it works just fine, well the tuneup 2009 software doesn't work either but that is to be expected. So far I have found windows 7 RC1 to be really really polished, better than XP but since XP doesn't have a really reliable 64 bits mode it's a little harder to compare. BTW in what concerns games when you say it runs better, where you testing games with Directx 10 or games with Directx 9? I'm asking because so far in games that use directx 9 from what I have heard the windows 7 is running just as good as Windows XP.

Did anyone eventually get a VAC profile together? I'm amazed that unlike Pilflus, VAC works almost perfectly, using a standard desktop mike and a ton of sound coming from my speakers.

A buggy program, but impressive :)

I downloaded a VAC Arma1 voice profile, its a start but would need to be rejiggered slightly. I cannot remember where I got this from so re upped it to share, I never uses VAC in the end.

http://www.zshare.net/download/63049305bc38fdbd/

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 AM ----------

Hi,

I actually use this a lot now and works wonders with the odd command system to assign colors and get things moving swiftly.

I added some more to your profile hope you don't mind me sharing this ..

"Menu" - Brings up the backspace menu (TIP: If you want the 1-9 keys to go via mouse say "Menu - Team" - then you have the backspace 1-9 menus active to use it that way.) << this was the assignment bug I was referring to, using voice control fixes it by simply saying 2 words.

"Compass" - Shows compass for 3 second.

"Time" - Shows the watch for 2 seconds.

"One" -Didn't seem to be soldier selection in you profile for "one" especially for command view so added that.

"Map" - Brings up the map (say again to exit map).

"Jump" - Triggers the step over animation.

"Command" - Switches to High command control mode (CTRL + SPACE) - repeat to switch back.

"For" = soldier selection 4 .. seems that "Four" for me didn't get recognised too well.

Thanks for sharing, got this working a treat in Arma2 now, and the back key assignment issue is now history so I can use voice commands to get passed the annoying keyboard fiddling that comes with Arma2's commanding.

Heres an update on my Pilflus profile:

"Binoculars" - Brings up bino's and say again to remove

"Night Vision" - Brings Up NV goggles if you have them, say again to remove

"Operation" - Will select the menu combination to go to any SECOP list that may be running (I tried "Sec op" but it would not understand very well).

"Request" - Will go to your "communication" menu to list anything you have IE Artillery/Heli pickup etc.

NOTE: to exit a menu you simply say "cancel" which = backspace.

Also - extra solder selection by number from 1 up to 19 (spoken "one" ... etc ... "nineteen") just in case you have a large group to control.

http://www.zshare.net/download/63049580f14cbd41/

All additions from the original profile kindly supplied by Suchy so all credit to him for the bulk of the profile :)

Edited by mrcash2009

People seem to say win7 has issues, so I cannot say, but all I can say is try it out, link is on the first page. Also in my sig now :)

Edited by mrcash2009

Thought Id update this thread with a updated profile for Pilflus (in my sig also).

http://www.zshare.net/download/67519108ccf56362/

New update includes a few stacked commands ..

Additions:

**NOTE: these only work if Hyrid Command script is working in a mission**

"Split" - Splits Selected group via Hybrid Command

"Return" - Returns Selected Group Via Hybrid Command

Used when a SECOP menu option is present - (requires one extra key down so its a new command)

"Split Group" - Splits Selected group via Hybrid Command

"Return Group" - Returns Selected Group Via Hybrid Command

For quick battle situations or spotted enemy

"Evasive Danger" - Sets all team to "Stay Crouch" + "Open Fire" + "Formation Line" + "Danger"

(extra danger mode to make them move more careful)

"Evasive Action" - Sets all team to "Stay Crouch" + "Open Fire" + "Formation Line"

(no setting to danger as I normally have them set to aware which makes them move quicker)

"Evasive Hold" - Sets all team to "Stay Crouch" + "Wait"

"Evasive Stealth" - Sets all team to "Prone" + "Hold Fire" + "Stay Alert".

All other additions are in previous posts here.

I have to say having a set of commands under one is very good. For example if I spot enemy and they are starting to engage I say "Evasive Danger" and my team are crouch running, bounding over watch movements, and in line formation in a jiffy. If you use the evasive combination's together you can then simply have them hold fire and hit the dirt right after if needed etc.

I will probably expand on the evasive combination as I find more neat ways to use it. If anyone uses or wants to add stacked combination please note that you have to put a rather larger pause between "`" select all key. If not its too fast and the arma2 menu will get totally the wrong key strokes.

EG:

All team select key + menu key + sub menu key (this hold 500ms - which will hold enough for Arma2 menu to close) and then after ..

All team select key + menu key + sub menu key ... etc

Hope this helps all you Pilflus nuts out there (like me) :)

Edited by mrcash2009

I'm having this error everytime I try to load the profile and when I go to settings in the program.

semttulowz.png

Im running with Windows 7 64bits

I finally downloaded this Pilfius program, and it says I need to download a voice recognition engine from the website. It doesn't exist so any alternate link would be very helpful.

Found it: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=5e86ec97-40a7-453f-b0ee-6583171b4530

Edited by Bullet Theory
correction

It doesn't seem to work on Windows Vista Business 32-bit. It loads up fine but it doesn't recognize any commands I say and I already have trained my profile 2 times already.

Im no support for the software but in this thread and others many say win7 doesn't work I put that in my sig link "vista/xp only", and so I believe that win7 Pilflus is a no go unless someone got it to work and can post how.

As regards Vista 32 people have it working so not sure what I can say about that. Can you see if it echoing back the command in the box at all? Have you made sure its not muting the mic when selecting? I have had a situation where it was turning off the mic on click, but not sure how I got that working, Im using in XP.

And yes its assumed you would know, but you do need the voice engine part for the O/S installed which it works with, thanks for linking.

I wish I was the first post owner as I would link all this up and mention it all in the first post really.

Alternate to this you have "VAC" .... http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Other-AUDIO-Tools/VAC-Voice-Activated-Commands.shtml http://www.dwvac.com/ which may work in other situations, but I dont have profile and its a trial to buy.

Edited by mrcash2009

Quick question:

Is there a way to prevent Pilfius from activating when voice comms are tansmitted (ie: mute Pilfius when I key my mic for Vent)?

I don't want to have something transmitted over Vent that might activate the voice recognition software.

If Pilfius doesn't work, maybe some of you Win7 guys might also want to try Shoot (it's free as well, requires .NET framework though):

http://clans.gameclubcentral.com/shoot/

I've been using a modified Operation Flashpoint profile with great success in ArmA1, it should be pretty easy to modify it for ArmA2.

If Pilfius doesn't work, maybe some of you Win7 guys might also want to try Shoot

Yes, Shoot runs great also on Vista. :cool:

yup just put windows xp on my computer so cannot wait to try them out hehe thanks