Sign in to follow this  
Suchy_

PiLfIuS profile for ArmA2

Here's my profile. Many commands can be spoken in a different way, like: keep formation = follow me = fall back into formation = get back, etc.

Apart from standard 2, 3, 4... team selection, Razor members can be selected by calling their names. If you have more units in your team, you can select only Razor by calling "Razor". When you're in vehicle as a commander or sitting in the back, you can order to take pilot/driver/gunner seats with comands like: "Sykes, you're gunner". If you are driver you can just select member(s) and call "get in", this equals command "get in anywhere". Also "get in the back" is available.

http://soundscapes.cozywebhost.com/stuff/arma2_pilfius.rar

Edit: updated profile

Edited by Suchy_

Suchy, did you find a way to select colored teams and then issue a "Move there" via keyboard only?

/KC

Hi,

I actually use this a lot now and works wonders with the odd command system to assign colors and get things moving swiftly.

I added some more to your profile hope you don't mind me sharing this ..

http://www.zshare.net/download/62127997a62ccdb7/#

"Menu" - Brings up the backspace menu (TIP: If you want the 1-9 keys to go via mouse say "Menu - Team" - then you have the backspace 1-9 menus active to use it that way.) << this was the assignment bug I was referring to, using voice control fixes it by simply saying 2 words.

"Compass" - Shows compass for 3 second.

"Time" - Shows the watch for 2 seconds.

"One" -Didn't seem to be soldier selection in you profile for "one" especially for command view so added that.

"Map" - Brings up the map (say again to exit map).

"Jump" - Triggers the step over animation.

"Command" - Switches to High command control mode (CTRL + SPACE) - repeat to switch back.

"For" = soldier selection 4 .. seems that "Four" for me didn't get recognised too well.

Thanks for sharing, got this working a treat in Arma2 now, and the back key assignment issue is now history so I can use voice commands to get passed the annoying keyboard fiddling that comes with Arma2's commanding.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

Suchy, did you find a way to select colored teams and then issue a "Move there" via keyboard only?

/KC

I use this profile, best ways are to say "Team *color*" and then simply click the screen where you want the to go. Or with my profile update say "Map" then "Team *color*" and then click on map where you want them to go.

Cant see how voicing "there" would speed things up other than whats on offer already realy?

PS download Pilflus here :

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/PiLfIuS-Download-77969.html

Edited by mrcash2009

I use this profile, best ways are to say "Team *color*" and then simply click the screen where you want the to go. Or with my profile update say "Map" then "Team *color*" and then click on map where you want them to go.

Can't get the profile you posted above since my browser crashes on that site?

It seems you guys found a way to issue move orders (for example) to a colored team, do you mind share the exact keyboard sequence used here?

/KC

http://rapidshare.com/files/251165808/ArmA2_PiLfIuS_commands.lcl.html

Heres another mirror of profile (10 download limit).

Basicly from pilflus saying to keyboard translates as:

Team - "`" (select all)

Color (Say whatever assigned color) "9-9-1" red "9-9-2" Green (etc etc)

This then gives you the icon on screen to click and send them to that location (or via map if you went to map first and did it).

So see if the bug is you have to select team (all) first, then select your 9-9-*number* and see if that gives you the context icon to click on screen. Clearly this works via Pilflus.

Edited by mrcash2009

Here it is again as .zip in case your browser doesn't open .lcl :)

http://soundscapes.cozywebhost.com/stuff/arma2/ArmA2_PiLfIuS_commands.zip

I added a few commands since the last one, but only minor things - no new functionality.

@mrcash: thanks for update

Actually I haven't used this at all in ArmA2 since you have 3 people max for the most part of the game... And I'm not a fan of warfare mode at all, so I haven't worked on it. I guess it's the same as in ArmA1 - say team color and click where you want them to go. By keyboard only - what mrcash wrote above :)

I'm missing a bit OFP commands where you could tell your guys to move 500m north-east, etc.

Ok, I downloaded the profile, I downloaded the program, I installed the program, I trained the speech recognition, I loaded the profile to the program, activated to always active, then opened arma 2 got into the game and it doesn't work, I know that the voice recognition is recognizing words even when I'm in the game, but it doesn't do any actions. Does anyone have any idea of why it isn't working?

I understand there is a problem with non English versions of windows, something about the '~' key not working.

other than that, have you tested it out of game to make sure it's recognizing your voice commands?

Are you using headset or speakers? Because background game noise can cause it to misunderstand or not understand the commands at all. When you talk to pilfius and it's listening, all recognized commands are displayed on screen (below the command list), does it work for you this way when you alt-tab out of the game?

I understand there is a problem with non English versions of windows, something about the '~' key not working.

other than that, have you tested it out of game to make sure it's recognizing your voice commands?

I have the english version of windows 7 RC1, I have also tested outside of the game, in windows and I can work in windows just using the voice, so it works just fine, also when I have the PilfIus selected in the command list when I say something like red the red command is selected.

Are you using headset or speakers? Because background game noise can cause it to misunderstand or not understand the commands at all. When you talk to pilfius and it's listening, all recognized commands are displayed on screen (below the command list), does it work for you this way when you alt-tab out of the game?

I'm using a headset, and it's definitely not background noise, because not only can I use it just fine outside the game, but even inside the game when I say "stop listening" and come back to the windows the windows speech recognition is offline, or when I say a word and come back to windows fast it says in the speech recognition the word I just said, but for some weird reason the commands in PilfIus don't work.

Open notepad and with pilfius running say some commands that should send normal keyboard commands, like 'return to formation' you should see 11 sent to the screen.

If it doesn't then maybe there's a compatibility issue with Windows 7 and the way the program sends its keystrokes.

http://rapidshare.com/files/251165808/ArmA2_PiLfIuS_commands.lcl.html

Heres another mirror of profile (10 download limit).

Basicly from pilflus saying to keyboard translates as:

Team - "`" (select all)

Color (Say whatever assigned color) "9-9-1" red "9-9-2" Green (etc etc)

This then gives you the icon on screen to click and send them to that location (or via map if you went to map first and did it).

So see if the bug is you have to select team (all) first, then select your 9-9-*number* and see if that gives you the context icon to click on screen. Clearly this works via Pilflus.

Thanks mrcash2009, looks like you guys found a workaround for this bug/issue, I will see if I can get it working on VAC as well...

/KC

Very interesting workaround, thanks.

I have made a little excel sheet listing keystrokes and their explanation together with suggestions for phrases which can be issued as voice commands in any voice recognition software such as Pilfius, Shoot or Vac. This may simplify the effort of creating a new profile from scratch. At this moment more than 300 commands are listed and it is not complete, yet.

Among other sources of information I used the profiles made by suchy and mrcash2009. I asked a moderator to allow me to post attachments and I am waiting for his reply. But I feel I should ask you guys for your OK, as well.

If there are no objections I would like to post this list and I hope you will have a moment to take a look at it. Any constructive criticism, correction of mistakes, and other input would be appreciated.

Is this OK with you?

Open notepad and with pilfius running say some commands that should send normal keyboard commands, like 'return to formation' you should see 11 sent to the screen.

If it doesn't then maybe there's a compatibility issue with Windows 7 and the way the program sends its keystrokes.

Thanks for the suggestion, didn't remember that, I know that it detects the words, but it seems it's not pressing the keys, anyway I will try it as soon as I get home.

Ok just tested with with the notepad and it isn't working, it seems like the program is only working when I have the program selected, not when I have another program selected.

EDITED: Ok even when I'm in notepad I see the command that I'm saying appear in the voice command box (that thing that stays on top of your screen), which means it definitely is detecting words from the program, yet it isn't pressing any keys.

Edited by HunterPT

That's the same problem I'm having. Ive searched around a bit and I think pilfius only works on xp and not vista / 7.

All I can say is what is your "recording options" in the mixer for windows 7.

Make sure you have it set (ticked) to microphone in "recording" menu, slider for mic full up. Also maybe try having Pilflus set to "push to activate" a bind a key for it. If not it will pick up all sorts and not just specific voice (open and on all the time).

I have not got windows 7 (just XP i'm running it under). Maybe you need to run it in Administrator mode or something? When you use it wile the game is running when you alt-tab does the "Last recognised command" little blue window in Pilflus show it recognised what you said?

AS said other than that it clearly wasnt written with Windows 7 in mind, this latest version is more than a year old.

Very interesting workaround, thanks.

I have made a little excel sheet listing keystrokes and their explanation together with suggestions for phrases which can be issued as voice commands in any voice recognition software such as Pilfius, Shoot or Vac. This may simplify the effort of creating a new profile from scratch. At this moment more than 300 commands are listed and it is not complete, yet.

Among other sources of information I used the profiles made by suchy and mrcash2009. I asked a moderator to allow me to post attachments and I am waiting for his reply. But I feel I should ask you guys for your OK, as well.

If there are no objections I would like to post this list and I hope you will have a moment to take a look at it. Any constructive criticism, correction of mistakes, and other input would be appreciated.

Is this OK with you?

That's a cool idea. It would really help making other profiles to have an out of game reference to all the keyboard shortcuts for the convoluted menu's.

That's the same problem I'm having. Ive searched around a bit and I think pilfius only works on xp and not vista / 7.

I havent tried Pilfius, but I'm using VAC ok in Windows 7 RC1. Not had any problems with it at all. I've not tried Pilfius before. Is it better? I'll try it out later tonight and report back if it does / doesn't work on my windows 7.

Sorry Alpha kilo I didn't read your profile ref and question. no need to ask mate anything to help, seems like the thread for it nicely all in one place. :)

crOwn3r, mrcash2009,

Great, I appreciate that. So how can I send this list your way? I am not (yet) cleared to post attachments. Perhaps I could send it to you by normal email, if you give me your address.

Is this OK with you?

Sure, good idea. Especially if Pilfius doesn't work on Vista/7, this would help adapting the profile for VAC or Shoot.

Maybe you could upload it to mediafire.com - it's free and no download limits.

Yes, simply up it to a fileshare and post the URL.

Following Suchy's suggestion I uploaded it to mediafire. Please try this link:

www.mediafire.com/?0mhhgmj5tyk

The name of the file is "Sprachsteuerung_VoiceCommands_0.2.xls".

Edited by Alpha-Kilo