I've updated my Animation Viewer to Version 1.3:

Highlights:

• Added missing animations for ARMA2
  • Added animations for A2:OA
  • Added gestures
  • Search function

Note: Version 1.3 requires both Arma2 AND Operation Arrowhead, aswell as Community Base Addons!

DL Links for the new Version 1.3 can be found in the first post, aswell as for the old V1.2 (for anyone not having OA (yet)).

At the moment it's not possible to use it with OA only.

I'll make seperated versions for A2 and OA some time later.

thanks clayman. Loki's Lost key mission making tool has your anim viewer, i suppose I would just need to depbo it and add in the updated scripts for myself? I don't know if he still updates it.

Small update. Like mentioned above, I made two different versions for A2 and OA.

First post updated with further info and DL links.

Is there any good surrender-animation? I tried looking through them but I couldn't find any.

Is there a way to stop animations when you fire on a unit thats using animations.

I made a US base with walking and talking and sitting people, others using the fixing car wheels and carwash animations.

But when i start attack the base and shoot/hit some US soldiers, they just keep sitting or talking and stay in the animation, they dont pay any attention to the bullets flying around..

Is there a way to stop animations when you fire on a unit thats using animations.

I made a US base with walking and talking and sitting people, others using the fixing car wheels and carwash animations.

But when i start attack the base and shoot/hit some US soldiers, they just keep sitting or talking and stay in the animation, they dont pay any attention to the bullets flying around..

I need to know how to do this as well, I came across this thread while searching for an answer.

I basically have a little objective where the blufor have to destroy some boats, on the beach there are three guys who I have in a sitting animation, and two lying down, it looks really good, but the problem is when they're fired upon, they just stay in their animations and don't react. :confused:

You could try unit switchMove ""; but it doesn't work for all anims.

Agh that doesn't work, they still just lie there. Is there a list somewhere of what animations are 'stuck' and which animations cancel once the unit comes under fire?

Try this:

_unitName playMoveNow "AmovPercMstpSlowWrflDnon";

That's the first animation listed for soldiers in the animation viewer, and for me it always supersedes the current playMove animation. Just make sure to issue playMoveNow instead of the regular playMove. Of course you'll probably have to use it with an event handler if it has to do with shooting animated units.

I've been trying to use this command: this switchmove "ActsPercSnonWnonDnon_carFixing. But the AI has not made the move. what did I do wrong?

To use an animation in your mission, put one of the following codes in a script file, a trigger or waypoint:

(For gestures, use the playAction or switchAction commands.)

UnitName playMove "AnimationName";

UnitName switchMove "AnimationName";

Note: This will not work in the Init line of an unit!

;)

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Ignoring end of Animation:

Who doesn’t know that, that a unit is disabling the current animated position and is

changing back to the default position. That happens right then when the current

Animation has been ended. But if one likes that a unit has to keep being in the animated

position so the DisableAI-command is needed.

To do this one needs to give the syntax for the respective Animation at first and right

behind the DisableAI-command which will look like this:

Name playMove "Animation"

Name disableAI "Anim"

If its needed now that the unit has to change back to the default position and has to

adopt an attitude so one has to use the following Syntax:

Name enableAI "Anim"

A further possibility to get a Animation loop is the using of a Eventhandler.

Name switchMove "Animation";

Name addEventHandler ["AnimDone", {Name switchMove "Animation"}];

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

I need to know how to do this as well, I came across this thread while searching for an answer.

I basically have a little objective where the blufor have to destroy some boats, on the beach there are three guys who I have in a sitting animation, and two lying down, it looks really good, but the problem is when they're fired upon, they just stay in their animations and don't react. :confused:

Ignoring end of Animation:

Who doesn’t know that, that a unit is disabling the current animated position and is

changing back to the default position. That happens right then when the current

Animation has been ended. But if one likes that a unit has to keep being in the animated

position so the DisableAI-command is needed.

To do this one needs to give the syntax for the respective Animation at first and right

behind the DisableAI-command which will look like this:

Name playMove "Animation"

Name disableAI "Anim"

If its needed now that the unit has to change back to the default position and has to

adopt an attitude so one has to use the following Syntax:

Name enableAI "Anim"

A further possibility to get a Animation loop is the using of a Eventhandler.

Name switchMove "Animation";

Name addEventHandler ["AnimDone", {Name switchMove "Animation"}];

I modified filter.sqf and now it shows all available in game animations (include addon anims). Also now there is no need to have 2 versions for A2 and OA. And big animations.h is not needed anymore.

Script is a little slower, but it's worth.

Hey,

I don't know if this is the right place to post but I have a small issue and I don't know if it has to do with the viewer or with something totally separate.

I can use the following move just fine using both playmove and switchmove:

H1 switchMove "ActsPercMstpSrasWrflDnon_sceneLopotevBandCaptured_Rodriguez1";

Now for the issue: whenever I use the move, the unit becomes a dwarf-like figure due to the animation starting at a higher elevation than where the unit originally was.

You can see this in the pictures provided.

Original position before activation of the move:

pjns.th.jpg

New position after activation of the move which results in the dwarf

9mhe.th.jpg

Has anyone else experienced such problems and if so, what did you do to solve it?

Any help is greatly appreciated.