Hi!

I've been working on a little tool for easily watching all the ingame animations.

To help you find a certain animation, there are several filtering options, e.g. weapon of the unit, it's position or movement. Should be pretty self-explaining. ;)

Furthermore, there is a zoom function (if the unit moves out of the screen) and the possibility to view the unit from differen angles.

Also, there is a Copy-Button to copy the selected animationname to the clipboard, for use in your own mission or whereever.

Requires:

CBA (Community Base Addons)

Arma2 Animation Viewer V1.3a

5def185b4c8a7fbad94049edf4609709.jpg

This version is for Arma2 without the expansion Operation Arrowhead!

Download:

AssaultMissionStudio Mirror

Armaholic Mirror

ArmedAssault.info Mirror

A2OA Animation Viewer V1.3b

d876997663cc9a0774fa14925224309b.jpg

This version is for Operation Arrowhead with OR without vanilla Arma2!

Download:

AssaultMissionStudio Mirror

Armaholic Mirror

ArmedAssault.info Mirror

Feel free to post any comments. :)

Have fun!

Edited by Clayman
New Version 1.3

Thanks, it's working greatly. Very handy for me.

Thx for the animation viewer. Very usefull :)

Put it on our editing section at Assault Mission Studio

dlicon.gif

Animation Viewer by Clayman

Edited by Imutep

New Version 1.10 of the Animation Viewer is now ready for download.

I've added nearly 450 animations, mostly crew / cargo for all the vehicles. Also I made the buttons a little bit darker for better visibility.

Included in the download is also a readme file with an explaination of how the anim names are put together (as far as I could tell ;) ) and also a list of all the animal animations. Maybe I'll include these in the viewer in a future version.

DL link in first post.

Have fun!

Clayman

Nice one.

Really useful.

If you are going to upgrade it I would like to see:

-----------------------------------------------

*A copy functions witch basically ads the whole command.

playmove "badass"; switch move "badass"; or just "badass" like now.

*A search function similar to ctrl+f for the main window.

Would make it easier to find some moves.

*A box, lets say the half of the window not used, with the info

about the moves from the Arma wiki.

What'd be cool would be if you made it into an sqf (in game). That way we could temporarily place it, like we place the UAV managment, and then just walk up to it to access it. Instead of what I'm doing at the minute......Creating a mission in editor / saving mission / exiting / opening animation viewer / searching for an animation / copying / exiting animation viewer / opening editor / loading my mission / copying to a character.

One more thing......

I know that the name of the animation has key to everything, is there any way of giving it a real name. For example....

instead of amovawgfngnosdngfnngsnjsnshowing_ass you could have it as bending_over_showing_ass

Much like we do with an URL. We have the URL address and then the option to change how it looks.

But the Viewer is still great!

Hi Clayman

thanks for this fantastic tool. Good job. I tried to use some of the animations for cutscences. There are some of them which are animation loops and I couldn't figure out so far how to stop them to repeat themself. Did some research and tried all the solutions posted in the various threats I found. No luck at all. Anyway thanks once again.

kind regards

nettrucker

Nice one.

Really useful.

If you are going to upgrade it I would like to see:

-----------------------------------------------

*A copy functions witch basically ads the whole command.

playmove "badass"; switch move "badass"; or just "badass" like now.

Well, that would require an addition button (one for playMove and one for switchMove), just to save you from typing one command. And you still have to add the name of the unit manuelly. So I don't really see the point in changing this.

*A search function similar to ctrl+f for the main window.

Would make it easier to find some moves.

That's a very good idea. Don't know if it's possible, but if I'll make an update, I'll try to come up with something.

*A box, lets say the half of the window not used, with the info

about the moves from the Arma wiki.

Also a good idea. Would require some work, but when I'm bored I'll include that, too. ;)

What'd be cool would be if you made it into an sqf (in game). That way we could temporarily place it, like we place the UAV managment, and then just walk up to it to access it. Instead of what I'm doing at the minute......Creating a mission in editor / saving mission / exiting / opening animation viewer / searching for an animation / copying / exiting animation viewer / opening editor / loading my mission / copying to a character.

Yeah, already noticed the same thing while making cutscenes.^^

Shouldn't be that much of an problem to change this.

One more thing......

I know that the name of the animation has key to everything, is there any way of giving it a real name. For example....

instead of amovawgfngnosdngfnngsnjsnshowing_ass you could have it as bending_over_showing_ass

Much like we do with an URL. We have the URL address and then the option to change how it looks.

But the Viewer is still great!

Not sure about that one. But tbh, I don't think that it would be possible. At least not without writing a whole new config (read: make a new addon).

Hi Clayman

thanks for this fantastic tool. Good job. I tried to use some of the animations for cutscences. There are some of them which are animation loops and I couldn't figure out so far how to stop them to repeat themself. Did some research and tried all the solutions posted in the various threats I found. No luck at all. Anyway thanks once again.

kind regards

nettrucker

Yes, I know of this problem. Probably read the same threads as you without finding a solution. ;)

Sorry, I'm afraid I can't help you with this.

I must be missing something really simple. I load the mission, but all I get is a civilian walking around? I would really like to use this tool but I need more caffeine and a little help :o

Ya I get the same thing. I did notice right at the start there is a flash of what looks like the menu in the screenshot but then I'm the civilian in Kamenyy.

I fixed mine by taking the code

CLAY_Viewing = [] execVM ""viewer.sqf"

from the civilian and putting it in a radio alpha trigger. Then I activate radio alpha and it works as advertised

Anyone know the animation for LHD Aircraft Crew signals (for directing aircraft etc. on the LHD carrier)?

Hope someone can help me out.

While working on an intro for a mission today, I pretty soon got annoyed by switching between mission and AnimViewer, searching for a animation, Copy, Alt-Tab, save animation to notepad, return to game, search next animation..... and so on... some of you might know this procedure. :D

So now I present: The best ArmAII Animation Viewer of all times! (Not that I would know of any other.^^)

AnimViewer12a_small.jpg AnimViewer12b_small.jpg

Highlights:

• The Viewer can now be added to any mission and used from there.
  • You can save as many animations to a second listbox, and then copy all of them to clipboard.
  • Animal animations now included.

Oh, and the listboxes now can finally be used in their full size.^^

See included Readme for details how to use.

Download: CLAY_AnimationViewerV12.rar

Assault Mission Studio Mirror

Pretty nice. :)

I'm using your nice little tool very often so i really would not know what to do without it. ;)

Thanks for the update.