Sign in to follow this  
bigleo

Destroy the chDKZ base. **POSSIBLE SPOLIERS**

press shift and - (right side of kb above +), then enter endmission

There is no prompt or console. If you do it right the mission ends.

Bullshit.

"If you do it right"........

Ye, like if you can fail on pressing 2 buttons.

how do you use rpg-7 to destroy that tank? which is the best direction for an attack?

I tried everything but I can't destroy it and survive. I can't use support and rpg-7 with 3 missiles and hidden AAVP7-A1 is everything I have.. (and few random units with humwee are trying assault the base from the woods)

edit: I've found Nikola Nikitin near that base. Should I kill him? :)

edit2: done. from the wood it was really easy..

Edited by Westmoreland

how do you use rpg-7 to destroy that tank? which is the best direction for an attack?

I tried everything but I can't destroy it and survive. I can't use support and rpg-7 with 3 missiles and hidden AAVP7-A1 is everything I have..

I usually aim on the side of the tank/APC.

Every time when i hit the crew bailed out.

Ah this one was driving me nuts earlier... kept dieing because no artillary, and the support kept driving right upto the enemy tank! Took your advise and restarted mission and went straight for the base to find all the enemy vehicles unmanned and the troops just walking around them... so just ran them down and let the gunner go nuts :p Didnt need arty after all lol.

I got lucky - I stumbled across a US soldier with a SMAW launcher, that took care of the T-72 (and the BMP had already been destroyed by this point) so an assault from the woods finished off the base.

to devs i think we need some launchers on this mission at least the smaw afterall every squad has one right but the so called elite razor dont. Hmm. anyway if anyone is stuck there is 2 locations the one screenshotted earlier and the one by the dam to the NW. as soon as you are in manhatton use the UAV to destroy the tanks, and buldings if you desire, please dont rely on the arty because hours will go to waste. also check your map after youve destroyed the base should have a marker with the leader otherwise try the other base.

is this mission still bugged? or is it that damn hard! I am allready trying to do it for 2 days now,...

OH MY GOD! Do the developers of this game expect a APC and four men WITHOUT a Javelin or anything similar to take down a T-72??! Ive been trying to take down the main base for about 5-6 hours now. My pc takes 1 minute to load everytime i die. And that has happened like 500 times!

Anyway, got the "support", but the friendly tanks suddenly just drove heading back to basecamp. Seemed to forget the f*ck*ng T-72 tank left in the base! But here is the thing, from one earlier mission, i picked up a RPG-7 with two rockets. And one time, ONE time; i managed to bail the crew from the tank- but i got shot after 1/2 second. So at this point im trying, from the woods and facing away from the static machineguns, to get the goddamn tank with the RPG.

Is there any ingame cheat to only get one weapon? A Javelin would be much needed, and I would have no problem cheating in this scenario. Its just too damn impossible, a T-72 and a unbeatable AA soldier vs. a RPG? Please! Give me a brake!

I followed some other tips on here and restarted the mission, went straight to the base in the APC (not the tracked one..). Managed to call in the artillery strike without any enemy noticing me, then nailed the tank afterwards using the gun on the APC. I had to shoot manually - when I left it to the squaddies I died repeatedly and didnt hit it. Maybe I got lucky, but eitherway, it worked. Boomerang turned up and took out the machine gun nests a few minutes later.

Ok, my post above was made 3 hours ago. I just have to tell you how I finally made it. After about 8-9 hours, I finally took down the main base!! HELLYEAH!

I told you about the RPG i took from before. Well, i managed to sneak in, take out the AntiAircraft guy while the tank was only 5 meters from me. Then i sneaked myself behind the truck and found 2 RPG-HEAT rockets- so then I had 4 RPG rockets! :)

I managed to run back into the woods only a split second before the truck I had just stolen ammo from was blown to bits. From the woods I used up all my ammo except from my Silenced M9 Pistol to take out the T-72 tank! NICE!!

But then offcourse, a new troop ambushed us from the woods- just where I left my APC and the rest of the crew. So I had to call the crew into the base on foot so we could use the base as cover and ammo refill.

So now Im on my way to the US base with my APC witch is missing two wheels! Talk about bad odds! But with like a 1000 savegames, some heavy strategic thinking and a portion of luck, offcourse there is the broken keyboard too-

I finally destroyed the chDKZ base and got the intel!

Woah, you guys get an apc. Where? Every time I approached the base from the woods I was instantly gunned down by a turret that was facing in the opposite direction

Hi guys, for those of you who have save game right near the base, no APC, no artillery, no boomerang, i'm here to share a little insight on how i did the mission.

Well i started off by approaching roughly East of the main base, where i first noticed heavy insurgents activity - chdkz base. So then after gunning down all the men coming down the hill from the base, i approached towards the north side of the base, which is basically perpendicular to where the main APC would patrol, and probably would run into ur "boomerang" and destroy it. no fear, before you head towards the woods on the north side, make sure u have looted a RPG with a few rockets, creep or run along the north side of the base would result u getting real close to the patrolling APC or the BMP-2, either destory it with rockets, or shoot one at the side of the tank and it SHOULD force the crew out. Gun down the crew, try to sneak into the APC with ur team halt and hidden in the forest, if you managed to get into the APC, use the APC to gun down the tank, if you look very carefully you should just be able to see the top of the tank, shoot it until it blows up.

The reason why i didn't drive the APC was, after getting into the APC i realised i blew one side of the tracks/wheels and it's practically useless, so it was almost stationary as it was not drivable, so i creeped along the opposite woods, which should be south on the map, right up till i get real close to the base, by the time ur up in the woods and about 500 - 600 meters from the main base, u'll notice there are a total of 3 machine gun mounts, for each u basically have to sneak on ur own as close as you could and shoot the gunner through the little opening that he shoots from. For me, i managed to take down the one furthest to the back, then went behind it, almost close to the direction i originally came from, creeped towards the Medic tent, inside i found the leader and some random sniper wanna-be so i gunned both down, but the leader was still alive, i had to kill the other 2 remaining machine gunmen, so i kept creeping around the base or just walk around to a point where i can shoot the gunners from a distance through the opening, its usually located on the right side. from there its simple, just don't get spotted, shoot them all from the back from a distance, go back to the leader n he's probably dead then mission's over :)

might be painfully long, but at least it's all done without any sort of help from support.

about 1-2km south of Govozdno.

North of Gvozdno,not south

And by the way - a have NO support during all missions ... wtf ? Playing on 1.2

In the bug-tracking list they mention it as a bug where you use chopper twice it removes all support. This has been fixed in the next patch that we don't know when is coming.

As for boomerang, it seems to be the LAV outside Manhattan. However I never got to use it as I was briefed on. When I run towards the enemy camp, I radio it in way before I see it (impossible to see it since I have like a million trees between me and the camp) and I get orders to not engage until Boomerang is there. (0-0-1 to call in Boomerang) They also mention artillery - Mike at 0-0-5 but I only have boomerang at 0-0.

After a few minutes, boomerang radios in and I can engage but they're fodder to the T-72. I got the BMP with the UAV but never got a shot at the T-72 and apparently after you spot the camps, the UAV crashes.

When this happened, the UAV had no altitude set (I got an auto-save during UAV scounting) and I can't right click out of it so I just have to wait until it flies into ground.

Anyways, now I'm struggling with the T-72 and no artillery. If I hit it from the side (or atleast I think I do) they're still in there, and pretty mad too. One time it insta-shot me in the face before the rocket even made it to the tank so my tank is obviously inhabited by a ninja/Matrix-crew. I've killed all of the soldiers so I only have two nests and one tank left. I stole an RPG but only have HE rockets. Yay. What kind of FOB armory doesn't have Javelin or atleast M136s, by the way?

screw boomerbang! no way i was letting some some other team take the credit! lol. i ran amok in that so called enemy "base". called in fire support mission (seek and destroy armour) and nuked the t72, used the apc from the mabhattan base to take out the bmp-2, and kicked all soldiers ass's. incidentally, originally before i got there, i found the base and it said the commander was not there, so i reloaded and went off to do something else. i completed just about all other objectives, then went to base, and he was there. but i cud not see him anywhere, i staked out the base for about 30 mins, identified every soldiers position and patrol route, but no commander. once i cleared the base i got out of my apc and he appeared, crawling along the ground wonded, so i walked up behind him, and blew out the backs of his knee caps , as you do u know, i mean it seemed like the polite thing to do, after he killed our mates :P he rolled over and a dialouge began where he begged for his life etc etc etc. i waited to see what i was supposed to do and nothing happened, this i found annoying and got bored and blew his face through the back of his head, and i got a radio message saying i had killed him and to search the body for evidance, JOB DONE!

small tip for those trying to use the fire support to take out tanks. any non laser guided strike is highly inacurate the further you are from the target, this is in fact realistic, try getting close, real close, so close you can smell the cheap russian after shave off the driver, lol. the point being, the closer you get and zoom in on map when giving co-ordinates, the more accurate your fire support mission will be, when you get it rite, its very hard to miss. id also recommend the seek and destroy armour rounds, as they dont require laser sight , are mulitple shoot rounds ( u get about 6 rockets per strike), and they tend to have large collateral damage, taking out anythoing close by as wellas the armour. remember to back off after giving a danger close fire support mission, as the round qwill be coming in damn near where you are, and missle dont discrimate like ppl, give target location and bug out. using stealth and slowest movement speeds only to avoid detection. hope this helps some of you who cant figure out ewhy the missles and bombs keep missing.

Edited by Evil_sob

Sorry but are you sure? I've delt with the Russians and allied with NAPA and I'm flying around there but can't find anything. In fact the NW part seems to be completely deserted.

They're talking about one of the previous missions here.

As far as the support army goes, I noticed that they would either not move in at all or move shortly after the enemy engages me.