Sign in to follow this  

Arma II & OA User Video Thread

This is my home made trailer for SFP(swedish forces pack) please tell me what you think.

I am guessing that you put the vimeo link on the video description? While its blocked for us we can't even see the description :( (It might be an idea to put all vimeo links on your channel description..?)

Hey mate! The video is now on Vimeo if you would like to see it! Here is the link:

Hello,

After sneaking and lurking around here since day one and Operation Flashpoint demo CD-ROM, it's high time I started to think about my first post here. This is one of the short movies I've been working with, originally filmed about a year ago. It's a bit long, but I hope you will find it interesting enough to sit through it.

Best regards,

Pete

Part 1

---------- Post added at 07:39 ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 ----------

PART 2

Edited by Mac

@Pete - It was a moving, silly video as you said yourself ;) - im just in awe of all your great little movie tricks! I need to learn them one day. Just a quick question though - these moving camera/dolly scenes inside the Skoda when the police car pulls up, is it simply camera.sqs dollied slowly backwards, or attached to any object?

I'm thinking of them both almost every day and how absolutely retarded it is they are in jail and on no proven ground what so ever.

@daraofp: Very impressive! Looking forward to see what you make for ArmA 3 then. ;)

Time for some of my stuff then...actually - a lot.

As the last battle of this fourth campaign in ArmA Wargames takes place tomorrow - here are 6 videos (and more to come) from one of the CBC tanker's perspective (BLUFOR tanker). :)

Enjoy the action, anger, cursing and squaddie humor! That's the life of a PVP tanker, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5B11F55AD53F8A19 - playlist if you want to see it all down to the tournaments' birth!

Campaign 4 - Tank Warfare 2 - The Tank is Back! (it was removed for two whole campaigns - I was like a kid in a sweets store when my baby was back!!)

7ZuWvQXYjdI

Tanking in ArmA Wargames - from Campaign 4 Battle 2 (Ever wonder how it is to fight in a tank in PVP? Well take a look here!)

53FIos2L-pk

Campaign 4 - Scrim 3 - Tank Warfare 3 - More mayhem on rattling tracks, with a very interesting tank duel at the start!

BytmILimTKg

...and a one-shot of a million - it took 4 years until it happened..so will probably take a while before happening again. ;D

gJw4bDN6juk

Campaign 4 - Battle 4 - With some hearty cursing

HL9QImQ0Mg0

Campaign 4 - Battle 5 - An intesne battle! Again an incredible chopper kill at the end that will most likely not happen again!

SMfyyKG3LaA

And more to come from this campaign!

Plus stay tuned for Rolling Thunder 10 video! :)

NOW....ENJOY!

Here it is then...Rolling Thunder 10! Back is the great clashes of M1 vs T90s and support elements on a huge desert plain with 5 kilometre viewdistance and awesome close and far engagements. Oh the mayhem!

Enjoy!

Here it is then...Rolling Thunder 10! Back is the great clashes of M1 vs T90s and support elements on a huge desert plain with 5 kilometre viewdistance and awesome close and far engagements. Oh the mayhem!

Enjoy!

Nice Vid, how did you make the credits?

What happened to Eric? Is he OK?

Duped into jumping early and having a c130 pilot take the odds on doubling back to wipe out his stick. He got me. Not entirely representative of TWC public server play; but a keeper non the less. What you don't get to see, is as soon as I spawned back at base I was taken out by an ATV...

Mounted in MRAPs; Alpha, Bravo and Charlie are ambushed in the upper valley of Hazar Kot. Two IEDs and heavy fire force a full retreat.

From the point of view of Bravo Section Medic (with a new rig :D)

Edited by GreigPil
fixing links...

Nice Vid, how did you make the credits?

What happened to Eric? Is he OK?

Credits were made with Sony Vegas and NewBlue effects. Stock white background layer, then vignette effect by NewBlue on that white layer and the text had earthquake/shaking effect and diffusion effect by NewBlue. Text was custom font called "Capture it", added black outline. Then I used cropping to move the text in and out of the screen (the very fast ones as well) - finally added fade in/out on text to make it blend.

Eric Dutch is alright, but he has decided to step down from organizing any more RT battles, as it takes far too much real life time from him. RT is however not dead and will continue under someone else, it's just not decided who yet. Thus this video was in his memory for leading over 10 events and creating a unique chapter in ArmA 2's online community. He will from now on just participate in the events, finally having time to only concern about our little platoon. :)

@Pete - It was a moving, silly video as you said yourself ;) - im just in awe of all your great little movie tricks! I need to learn them one day. Just a quick question though - these moving camera/dolly scenes inside the Skoda when the police car pulls up, is it simply camera.sqs dollied slowly backwards, or attached to any object?

Many thanks for your kind comments regarding the silly movie, Stuntman (someone has been reading the comments section? :o).

That particular scene you are referring, is a combination of two different camera scripts:

1. A camera moving backwards in an empty alley. No Skoda and the boys in this one, just the police car. No attached objects in camera.sqs.

2. A camera moving forwards towards the stationary Skoda, which is placed inside a "blue cube", through the windshield and towards the rear window. Also, no attached objects in this script.

These two takes are then composited together and the blue color is removed from the Skoda take. If you watch the Into the Abyss film, you can see the same technic used in the scene in which the Luftwaffe is flying over the town. I did it in the same exact way, just the direction of the moving cameras is different.

-Pete

@Pete: Oh, now I see how you did it! Very cool! I must definitively try out some green screens/cubes. Have you experienced best results with blue colour however?

@Dslyecxi: What a legendary collection of great footage! What a year! Nice editing as well, was never a dull moment.

@Pete: Oh, now I see how you did it! Very cool! I must definitively try out some green screens/cubes. Have you experienced best results with blue colour however?

Yeah, go for it! With chroma keying and a little bit of imagination, you will have a nice weaponry to express your ideas in videos.

I've found blue colour to fit my needs just well, so I can't actaully say, if blue colour is better, or would green colour have some advantages over blue.

I'm sure you'll get the hang of it, but in case you would like to hear any advices, feel free to PM me.

Yeah, go for it! With chroma keying and a little bit of imagination, you will have a nice weaponry to express your ideas in videos.

I've found blue colour to fit my needs just well, so I can't actaully say, if blue colour is better, or would green colour have some advantages over blue.

I'm sure you'll get the hang of it, but in case you would like to hear any advices, feel free to PM me.

Thanks a lot. Yes I will sure do if I grind to a halt somewhere...probably will lol!