Sign in to follow this  

Arma II & OA User Video Thread

My first attempt at making a montage for ARMA 2. All these are clips from Comrades in Arms coop nights

iDXInPmsyR0&feature=g-upl

I want to thank alot of wonderful people here who have helped me learn to use the editor to make my machinima. Some people asked me to post here once it was finished so I could share with you guys.

Z Zones is a zombie themed machinima filmed using the Arma 2 Editor. This is the pilot episode below, I hope you all enjoy! Let me know your thoughts! I could also use other editor's help here if anyone is interested in this project. Read below.

SYNOPSIS:

The zombie apocalypse has happened, and 3 years after the Collapse began, we won ... barely. The brutal one world government, the Defensive Global Alliance Federation, nearly wiped out the zombie virus completely, but has mysteriously left a handful of Z Zones across the world untouched and quarantined. Two groups of survivors named "Guava" and "Honeydew" have been abducted by DGAF and forced into the Z Zones for “testing.†Their only instructions are to be the first group to find the helicopter inside of the Z Zone and fly out to earn their freedom back.

Interested in helping? There is a wide variety of skills I need. If you think you can help in any of these departments, please PM me (on youtube preferred):

ARMA2 EDITOR: This by far takes the longest for me. Some of the simplest scenes take alot of work due to my inexperience. If you are a great scripter or editor contact me!

ARMA2 MODELING: I definitely need someone who knows how or can take the time to help me with certain animations. E.g., the female cannot move her lips. Certain animations could look much better with a little help.

PHOTOSHOP: If you can come up with a better Z Zones logo or CrySix logo, let me know!

BACKGROUND MUSIC: I also need background music for alot of scenes. What is free out there is fairly limited.

VIDEO EDITING AND AFTER EFFECTS: Down the line I will need After Effects and possibly help with video editing.

Intro cinema from the upcoming Resistance campaign (converted/remade from OFP):

Edit by Foxhound

The posting of videos and/or screens showing modified content of other authors without having permission to modify their work is not allowed.

The forum rules are clear about that!

People have requested the content to be removed. Get proper permission or do not post about it in public!

§19) Posting addon/mod other content without permission

For many years this community has been known as the premium addon/mod creating community, people work tirelessly and in great detail to create fantastic addons/mods/missions/campaigns to release for free so that everyone benefits, including Bohemia Interactive. There are a few simple rules in place to provide the respect to these creative people/groups that they deserve:

The first and most fundamental rule is that you must seek permission to alter someone's work, to mirror it or use it in any way other than for personal use. No permission, no editing, no mirroring, no adding to your mod pack, no editing and sharing around your private squad, none of that is acceptable.

Obviously we cannot unfortunately control what people do outside of these forums, however on these forums you must follow this rule, if a person/team post a thread to share an addon/mod using content from someone else without permission and we receive a complaint then the mod thread will be closed until the issue is resolved and the forum member(s) risks being permanently banned from these forums for taking someone's work without permission.

This isn't just limited to re-using content in addons/mods/missions however, it's not acceptable to edit someone's work without permission and then to post screenshots of it on the forums (even if the edited addon/mod is purely for personal use), it's also not acceptable to edit someone's work, or use someone's work in any way that you don't have permission for and then to create videos which you post on these forums, doing any of the above without the permission of the original creators risks a permanent ban, for individuals, for whole mod teams or squads.

Infraction +1

Edited by Foxhound

Crashed Prize by Nkenny (from his lite coop missions pack)

Recorded during July of 2012 with Comrades in Arms

exMSXeY_t34&feature=plcp

Ahh thanks to a mod I was able to find my favorite part of any forums...VIDS! I love seeing people experience because they are all different and its what makes ARMA2 and all its mods/addons so great. Here I have a video that me and a few of my buddies had during a game of insurgency as OpFor. We also just found a server that does a RP / cops n robbers type thats mad fun

Vid Link if YOUTUBE tags aren't working: