Sign in to follow this  

Arma II & OA User Video Thread

It wasn't a trailer dude, and they weren't trying to make it look in game at all, they were just trying to make a cool little teaser. There isn't much else they can show at the moment, it's so early in development.

Chin up, we all know A3 is going to be awesome, and soon there will be lots of videos to prove it!

:D

Im not going to deny that A3 will be awesome...!

pLrSCoEeyHI

Some screenshots, footage and fraps recording from last sundays ICEF Community's operation I threw together.

Military Monday: (06/13/11)

(You can view other SimHQ "Military Monday" videos via my YouTube Channel.)

Edited by Br3nnus

Literally. So be kind :)

I've had this video editing software for ages and never used it. I thought I'd give it a shot to see how to put a video together using some Fraps clips I collected this past week or so.

Now that I know what all the buttons and knobs are for I'll make sure the next one has a better/tighter story.

Feedback welcome.

Turn it up.

9kQEjkld4HI

very nice footage and crystal clear quality,minimalaco!

could you tell me the name of the map you see there?

Part 1 of a new three part machinima I am making. Something a bit different story wise.

It's a little slow starting but it gets better as it goes along:

mukrLloEvZw

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

Just discovered that the video is covered in artefacts and its not even the complete video removing it, will re upload asap.

TAKE 2:

Ok I re uploaded the video, and here it is. The first in a new three part machinima I am making:

-675axYpgsk

As always best in 720p.

Dont know why the picture is all garbled but its giving me the shits!

Quick question. Is there anything you guys do differently to record this footage? Lower your game settings? Record at a half screen in fraps or use any kind of specialized settings?

I'm finding when I flip the switch for Fraps my framerate drops from 38 to 18 (as an example that happened tonight). I had Fraps on full screen, 60FPS selected. Recording on a second (separate) HD compared to where the game is installed.

Tried Playclaw but it didn't seem to help with the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Quick question. Is there anything you guys do differently to record this footage? Lower your game settings? Record at a half screen in fraps or use any kind of specialized settings?

I'm finding when I flip the switch for Fraps my framerate drops from 38 to 18 (as an example that happened tonight). I had Fraps on full screen, 60FPS selected. Recording on a second (separate) HD compared to where the game is installed.

Tried Playclaw but it didn't seem to help with the problem.

Thanks for your help.

That's because you're recording at a higher framerate than what you're actually running, lots of people make that mistake. You need to record at the minimum framerate you're able to hit, if you just put in your average or max, it'll stutter again every time it dips below that threshold. That's the primary issue people seem to hit.

Ah, I get horrible FPS drops with FRAPS too.

I ususally setAccTime to 0.5 or 0.33, and then speed up the footage 2 or 3 times in the video editor, this gives you smooth footage. Only problem then is that your sounds are usually out of whack, so you have to add your own in.

It's been awhile since I posted an Arma video. One of my community members wanted to do a video featuring an insert via helicopter. I talked him into doing an insert into a hot LZ--not a brilliant idea, really, but certainly a challenge.

After a bit of practice, we pulled it off, and I recorded the results.

We were testing out the Predator Mod for A2 with my buddy and made a video of it. While we were editing the vid, we had a little brainstorm which led to this:

yhDHqcl46F8

Dont' mind the random Finnish chatter. :)

Predator Mod: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=110440&highlight=predator

Island Lingor: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=100135&highlight=lingor

Minigun Mod: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=115733&highlight=minigun

ICEF Testing Footage - Operation Royal Thunder Campaign Part 2

yMwrCx5biBE

Myself and some friends play testing a mission for ICEF's upcomming campaign, Royal Thunder. It has some footage from the insertion and us moving in to capture the ATC tower.

DcMZhbCJA3w

jajaj como grita ALa y el que se tira! hahaha really nice video!

q-brndcPwO8

My roommate and I got inspired by our Predator video to make a Top Gear machinima. Audio track was taken from Top Gear S5E6.

We were testing out the Predator Mod for A2 with my buddy and made a video of it. While we were editing the vid, we had a little brainstorm which led to this:

yhDHqcl46F8

Dont' mind the random Finnish chatter. :)

Predator Mod: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=110440&highlight=predator

Island Lingor: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=100135&highlight=lingor

Minigun Mod: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=115733&highlight=minigun

that looks awesome D: