Sign in to follow this  

Arma II & OA User Video Thread

TvT Invasion 44

UbGQFN7daZg&hd=1

Part 1

cq2fweBymQ0&hd=1

Part 2

I released a couple of old unreleased videos on YouTube yesterday.

These are two machinimas actually, one is a comedy and the other is a promo for AToW that didn't really come out the way I was hoping. More in the videos' individual descriptions.

Enjoy!

AToW Promo:

HNBrmdijc7Q

Super Sniper (apparently blocked in some Germany though):

rAet1uV6nbg

Movie makers, listen up.

We have 10 year aniversary of OFP: CWC on June 22nd and it would be sweet, that all of you, video crafters, could make any vid related to ofp, it's developement, aniversary, etc. Use any of BIS product, just add some resemblance to OFP.

Comrade in arms, requesting your creativeness ;)

Good videos gents. I like your unfinished comedy Litos!

Anyway, let's get to the case. This is a new chapter in my videomaking, and I hope it is not in the wrong direction. :)

It is my first action-packed promotion video. This one is for an upcoming, free to join, tank PvP battles, executed by the mil-sim tank group I am in.

Qq4O4Ip9IYY

If you like large scale tank battles or all the things needed to keep it rolling, these battles done once in a while is a chance you rather not want to miss! :D

Enjoy in full screen 1080p!

EDIT: Unfortunately, the trailer is blocked in Germany - here is an alternative, 1080p stream on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/23628954

Edited by Stuntman

Awesome promo!!!

very nice work!!

i think this will convince some of my friends to become a community member and ArmA player ;)

and one question: are the tracers as seen at 01:00 and 02:29 in your video from ACE?

Edited by PurePassion

Mission Hit & Run

xvyv_AZ531U

Home Made 1st Mission

CxR9njw1Od0

Edited by Nuno Basto

Excellent Promo Video, somehow I feel like tank driving now....

Thank you guys! I'm very grateful for your compliments! :)

@PurePassion: Yes - ACE2 is the mod used in the trailer and in the games.

@Tonci87 - Yes, I'm glad you found that feeling; every human got to have this wish to thunder through everything and become unstoppable; hopefully this trailer raised the same feeling in many other minds as well. :)

Unfortunately, the trailer is blocked in Germany - here is an alternative stream on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/23628954

Edited by Stuntman

Thank you guys! I'm very grateful for your compliments! :)

@PurePassion: Yes - ACE2 is the mod used in the trailer and in the games.

@Tonci87 - Yes, I'm glad you found that feeling; every human got to have this wish to thunder through everything and become unstoppable; hopefully this trailer raised the same feeling in many other minds as well. :)

Unfortunately, the trailer is blocked in Germany - here is an alternative stream on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/23628954

Try a fair use claim on the audio if that's what's blocked on the video, in 95% of cases (probably linked to views) they don't consider it worth the hassle and unblock it: read up online on the process

Or just use tracks where the artists allow it on YouTube, although in my experience one of the only few mainstream acts that has done this was the Prodigy.. Unless you like your videos tracked to drowning pool -bodies :p

Try a fair use claim on the audio if that's what's blocked on the video, in 95% of cases (probably linked to views) they don't consider it worth the hassle and unblock it: read up online on the process

Or just use tracks where the artists allow it on YouTube, although in my experience one of the only few mainstream acts that has done this was the Prodigy.. Unless you like your videos tracked to drowning pool -bodies :p

I did it mate :). And the funny thing is that in the first 6 hours it got accepted then rejected then accepted again like a piston. Now it finally seems to have calmed down to be watchable for all. :D

Thanks for the advise nonetheless.

For everyone that has this kind of Problems with Youtbe and uses Firefox:

Get the Stealthy 0.8 Addon. Its really easy to use, you just need one klick.

;1919354']It's a new mod I'm working on.

That video was simply amazing! The scenes where the Marines looked own on the ground and see nothing but death and destruction was very much like the real movie. My only real gripe was that the meteors appeared a little too slow. To make them faster' date=' use the setVelocity command. Anyway, the mod looks promising and we can't wait to see more of it! ;)

Video link dead, updated link here: [url']

[/url]

LvVZ2R6U5Ao

Edited by Laqueesha

OA - Tunnel firefight

Made a few days ago.

Is that available for download anywhere? With or without the men? I just like the whole tunnel fight idea.

Thank you very much Laqueesha! Mr. RoundenBrown I presume? ;). Yes they do appear slow and I suppose they could've been faster in certain scenes, I'll certainly look into it. However, I think it's worth noting that in the film, they did fall to the Earth quite slowly, or certainly before 'impact' where they release their landing pods. Unfortunately I don't think I can re-create that effect, unless I use some serious scripting. Still, I should investigate further. I always look to improve my content, thanks very much mate for your comments and fixing my link.

Stuntman; may I congratulate you on a most thoroughly excellent video! Simply stunning. How did you get such rich details without getting any reduction in performance? Please tell me your system specs and settings! Thanks for entertaining me and making me mildly jealous. ;)

Edited by Mach2Infinity

Hey Stuntman, awesome video! Do you mind sharing how you got the convoys to work so nicely? I can never get the AI to drive properly on a road in a line... Yours look so perfect!

Is that available for download anywhere? With or without the men? I just like the whole tunnel fight idea.

Sorry, not yet. It'll be probably in my campaign I'm working on.